Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:58 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,415,980 times

Advertisements

From my home state of Wa., Rep. Jim McDermott (Seattle) has finally gotten off the fence and endorsed the next POTUS Barack Obama. McDermott joins at least four other Washington superdelegates who have endorsed Obama: Gov. Chris Gregoire, Reps. Rick Larsen, Adam Smith and Brian Baird.

McDermott a vocal critic of the war from the beginning said:

Quote:
"I am confident as President he will end the war in Iraq and bring our sons and daughters home"
According to DCW Obama now leads in SDs 288.5-271.5, overall 1889-1717 and is only 136 from officially capturing the nomination. Though realistically Obama already has sewed it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 11:04 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,572,387 times
WOW the floodgates are opening

Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 AM

Now we are just waiting on Al Gore.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,805,042 times
In Hillaryland that doesn't matter. These folks in Hillaryland must be the dumbest individuals that have ever existed in this world. She won PA and only got two SD to endorse her. She won IN and only got 1 SD to endorse her. She won WV and has so far gotten only one SD - from TN of all places. Yet, the Hillarists living in Hillaryland think she can still pull this off.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,415,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
WOW the floodgates are opening

Two more, Congressman Henry Waxman and Congressman Howard Berman of Cal. have now come out today.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 AM

LOL Shes only making more and more people hate her.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 AM

31,680 posts, read 40,970,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
LOL Shes only making more and more people hate her.
No she is staying the course and allowing all the voters to actually have a say. She is giving each state organization the opportunity to be in play up and running for the general election. Can you imagine if she had withdrawn prior to West Virginia and John Edwards had won? Let her continue and let all of her supporters feel they had their shot.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:29 AM

439 posts, read 605,033 times
Hey guys I'm not a Hillary Supporter but can we stop all this childish talk. Give her the space and time to leave the race. We have to unite this party not tear it down. I have had my share of criticizing Hillary but the time has come to put this behind us and look towards the future and McCain.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:08 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,889,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Hey guys I'm not a Hillary Supporter but can we stop all this childish talk. Give her the space and time to leave the race. We have to unite this party not tear it down. I have had my share of criticizing Hillary but the time has come to put this behind us and look towards the future and McCain.
Nicely said. I totally agree. Well, except for the part about looking forward to McCain. I look forward to Obama!

Old 05-15-2008, 01:17 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,889,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
She is giving each state organization the opportunity to be in play up and running for the general election.
Yes, that's a very good thing. IMO. And now that each state knows how good it is to be counted, I hope they make some major changes in how things are done.

Hooray, people got a chance to see how important the primary system can be. Let's do something while the eyes are still open. Like.... decide to hold all the primaries before the end of March! Wouldn't that be much better?

Here's how I'd do it: The dnc should have a series of Super Tuesdays--one every week from January until the end of March.

Each super Tuesday should include a "major" state, and a few "minor" states. The states will be assigned to their dates--no more of this game playing, And they should be grouped geographically, so that media campaigns aren't so expensive and candidates don't have to waste so much energy zipping around the country like that.

And the whole super delegate system? Don't even get me started on that.
OK, sorry about going off topic. Back to the subject....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections