Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:22 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,642,277 times

Advertisements

I heard most of it tonight, and I thought it was very nice and inspiring.

She mentioned a couple of times about working together to make sure a Democrat reclaims the White House this year.

I've asked this question before but I don't think it created much discussion so i'll ask again:

To the Hillary supporters who will vote for McCain in November, how do you feel about her comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,941,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
I heard most of it tonight, and I thought it was very nice and inspiring.

She mentioned a couple of times about working together to make sure a Democrat reclaims the White House this year.

I've asked this question before but I don't think it created much discussion so i'll ask again:

To the Hillary supporters who will vote for McCain in November, how do you feel about her comments?
I am not by any means a Hillary supporter but it was a very good speech. I am starting to feel a small amount of admiration for her, I said small amount.

BTW I would not vote for either Hillary or Obama, and probably not McCain either.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:02 PM

It was a very good speech!

Also, I heard that Chris Dodd said that Hillary would work for the nominee if it wasn't her, I found that interesting as well and IMO shows that the election is starting to settle.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:13 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,842,554 times
Quote:
It was a very good speech!

Also, I heard that Chris Dodd said that Hillary would work for the nominee if it wasn't her, I found that interesting as well and IMO shows that the election is starting to settle.
Don't want to sound too pessimistic but I am nowhere convinced Hilliary would help Obama in the slightest during the campaign Sorry she wants power and nothing else.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
Don't want to sound too pessimistic but I am nowhere convinced Hilliary would help Obama in the slightest during the campaign Sorry she wants power and nothing else.

You don't think so?

I think she would, I'd have to take her word for it since she has said it more than once on more than one occasion.

Maybe she does realize that she will have a place in the party if she helps to win in November.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see

Old 05-20-2008, 10:34 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,191,340 times
I missed the speech. Hillary attended church in my city Sunday and they were told she was coming late the night before. The sermon was about, of all things...adultery. I felt bad about that, but I guess the pastor had already written it and couldn't change gears or he is a Republican...lol.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I missed the speech. Hillary attended church in my city Sunday and they were told she was coming late the night before. The sermon was about, of all things...adultery. I felt bad about that, but I guess the pastor had already written it and couldn't change gears or he is a Republican...lol.
LOL, Yikes...talk about bad timing!

Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,191,340 times
Quote:
LOL, Yikes...talk about bad timing!

I know, I couldn't believe it. It showed her rather stone faced on the news during the sermon. When asked about it she said something about sticking with marriage even though it was hard to do at times. I admired her for that, sort of. She spoke afterward at Western Kentucky University and drew a really large crowd. They had to turn people away.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:43 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,035,735 times
I liked her speech -- full of energy and enthusiasm. I suppose the DNC will MAKE her show up at a few Obama events just so they can claim unity but I sure hope she doesn't go to town campaigning for Kerry Jr.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I liked her speech -- full of energy and enthusiasm. I suppose the DNC will MAKE her show up at a few Obama events just so they can claim unity but I sure hope she doesn't go to town campaigning for Kerry Jr.

Hillary seems like astrong woman, if the DNC hasn't MADE her get out of the election, what makes you think that they will MAKE her do anything else?

Maybe she realizes that coming together for the sake of the party and focusing on what the big picture should be (in her own words: making sure Democrats reclaim the White house) is what her focus should be on after the primaries, instead of harboring any ill feelings.

She has also said that her and Obama are more similar on the issues than McCain, again in an effort to try to keep the party together and make people realize that harboring any ill feelings will not solve anything in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections