Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:02 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

SUCCESS IN IRAQ: A MEDIA BLACKOUT - New York Post

Quote:
The surge worked. Incontestably. Iraqis grew disenchanted with extremism. Our military performed magnificently. More and more Iraqis have stepped up to fight for their own country. The Iraqi economy's taking off. And, for all its faults, the Iraqi legislature has accomplished far more than our own lobbyist-run Congress over the last 18 months.
This is a great issue for McCain. Don't the dems realize how idiotic they look (except to their kook-left base) when they won't/can't even acknowledge the facts?

The MSM KNOWS this is GOOD for McCain. To ignore their duty to report the news in favor of their political agenda is shameful.

But, I have no doubt, come general time it WILL be out for the public to digest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 07:12 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,524 times
Groundbreaking. You posted an opinion piece from the New York Post on the ethics of the main stream media.

Nice work, Scoop!

Old 05-21-2008, 07:15 AM

196 posts, read 208,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

This is a great issue for McCain. Don't the dems realize how idiotic they look (except to their kook-left base) when they won't/can't even acknowledge the facts?

The MSM KNOWS this is GOOD for McCain. To ignore their duty to report the news in favor of their political agenda is shameful.

But, I have no doubt, come general time it WILL be out for the public to digest.

now that their "economy is taking off"...we can leave, right?....Iraqi a go go....

Old 05-21-2008, 07:21 AM

Well, if you didn't like the first, here's another. I can find more, I'm sure.

Good news from Iraq. - By Christopher Hitchens - Slate Magazine

Quote:
The forces of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi stink in the nostrils of the Arab world, and have been—here I borrow some words of Thomas Paine—"in point of generalship … outwitted, and in point of fortitude outdone." Bin Ladenism in Iraq has been dealt a stinging defeat. Surely this is something to celebrate.
Quote:
As I began by saying, I am not at all certain that any of this apparently good news is really genuine or will be really lasting. However, I am quite sure both that it could be true and that it would be wonderful if it were to be true. What worries me about the reaction of liberals and Democrats is not the skepticism, which is pardonable, but the dank and sinister impression they give that the worse the tidings, the better they would be pleased. The latter mentality isn't pardonable and ought not to be pardoned, either

Ahhh. He hit it right on the money. The more blood and chaos, the better the dems/libs like it.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:24 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Groundbreaking. You posted an opinion piece from the New York Post on the ethics of the main stream media.

Nice work, Scoop!
The last thing we want here is opinions Especially those opinions that go against portraying Iraq as unsuccessful. Face it, the surge -- supported and pushed by McCain, has worked. Parts of Iraq are beautiful and peaceful but you'll not read that in the media. The Kurds are free to live without having their women and children gassed by the thousands by Saddam. The worst the media can now dig up over there is what book a soldier used for target practice.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default How long can MSM ignore the good news in Iraq?

Quote:

McCain's willful clinging to the Bush agenda will ensure his defeat in November. Iraq has been bad news for five years now. Ever since Bush declared "mission accomplished" it has been evident to even a casual observer that the occupation has been bungled badly due to lack of planning, lack of leadership, and lack of realistic goals.

McCain's claims to continue down this road will not serve him well in his quest. Something like 70% of the public has had enough of Iraq and want it to end, the sooner the better.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:11 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
The surge is certainly the most successful tactic we have used so far. I would caution against being to negatve about it without supporting documentation. You don't want to appear to be rooting against us for political gain.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
You don't want to appear to be rooting against us for political gain.
But isn't that what the dems/lib do? Not just Iraq, but on the economy as well. They want to see the economy in the tank, they want nothing but bad news in the media (and the leftwing-MSM oblidges them) about the economy, the list goes on and on - just so they can get back in the WH.

Treasonous in my opinion.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:17 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
I think Iraq will remain a political sore point until the war starts paying for itself, and gas returns to $1.90 a gallon.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:18 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
But isn't that what the dems/lib do? Not just Iraq, but on the economy as well. They want to see the economy in the tank, they want nothing but bad news in the media (and the leftwing-MSM oblidges them) about the economy, the list goes on and on - just so they can get back in the WH.

Treasonous in my opinion.
The whole invasion was built on a false premise. Find those WMDs yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections