Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:59 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,088,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Why would any democrats, regardless of who they support, not want the FL and MI votes to count? I'm sure you all had a problem with votes not being counted in FL in 2000 (as I did).....

Could it be that Obama supporters know that these are large states that would both go to Hillary? Hypocritical......
It is like this. You go to a baseball tournament and are told only innings 1 through 7 are going to be played. But two teams in the tournament played 9 innings and racked up more runs. There comes a tie in wins between a team that played 7 and a team that played 9. And they decide to decide the tournament on most runs. Well the team that followed the rules only played 7 innings and agree to accept the scores from any teams at the end of the 7th inning, but the teams that played 9 are angry because all of their runs don't count.

Those two states were dissallowed in the beginning and people who might have voted, did not because they were told there was no point, and others, may have registered or voted in the Rep primary and are not allowed to vote in the Dem now even if they originally wanted to. Play by the rules, votes count, don't play by the rules, forfeit the game. If the good voters in MI and FL wanted their voices heard, they should have been demanding it long before the forfeit votes occured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,269,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Why would any democrats, regardless of who they support, not want the FL and MI votes to count? I'm sure you all had a problem with votes not being counted in FL in 2000 (as I did).....

Could it be that Obama supporters know that these are large states that would both go to Hillary? Hypocritical......
I agree. Obama chose to remove his name from Michigan. Hillary, Chris Dodd and Kucinich chose to remain on the ballot. Obama voters could have voted uncommitted and their votes would be counted in Denver. Both Obama and Clinton both on ballot in Florida. I don't see a problem with counting Florida. Howard Dean's got a big mess on his hands.
IMHO - Florida's going to go for McCain. They've got a pretty popular moderate Republican governor in Charlie Crist.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:10 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,900,589 times
Hahahaha... you guys are ALL getting scammed... Hilliary is a lost cause, she is over $20 MILLION in debt and needs to pay off that debt before she drops out of the race... she (via her campaign) is trying to scam you to donate more money to pay off the $20 million debt (also pay back what she LOANED to her campaign + interest)... she wants her money back otherwise she got NOTHING and paid MILLIONS for it... its a scam.. its like a business who is going out of business asking for donations to keep it open when it already signed the bankruptcy papers... She lost its over... she just doesn't want to lose as much money... thats why her campaign isn't campaigning anymore... they are just asking for money... Personally, I leave her to manage her own debts.. unless she wants everyone to share the burden of her debt... I know she would probably prefer it that way..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections