Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 02:36 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,958,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I believe it happened in 1992
Sixteen years ago?????? Um, no it wouldn't bother me that he used a naughty word 16 years ago.

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but even I've said a few bad words from time to time... yes, Normie-the-sweetie, grandmotherly figure to one and all... and it was more recently than 16 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 02:37 PM

136 posts, read 516,023 times
Who cares, we all slip up once in a while, for some it's just publicized.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:39 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,176,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
This is a side bar question: but wasn't that perjury? Shouldn't he have went to jail? I was only about 16/17 when this happened so I didn't follow it too closely but I always wondered why nothing happened to him....
The whole thing was political. That's why nothing happened. They caught him on a "gotcha" which normally would not have led to anything -- but they managed to embarrass him politically which was what they wanted.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:52 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
During those dark days, the spectre of the president of the US allowing, or expecting his young female subordinates to provide sexual favor, in the midst of the sexual harrassment fights of the women's movement, was truly shocking. It was not really affairs, it was on the job that bothered me, the power divide, etc. He put us back many years in a struggle that continues to this day.
What was even worse was him partaking with Monica while on the phone discussing business with a member of congress. Yes we want to forget it but had Hillary gotten the nomination it would have been prime time.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
What was even worse was him partaking with Monica while on the phone discussing business with a member of congress. Yes we want to forget it but had Hillary gotten the nomination it would have been prime time.
Yes seriously who really knows what secrets he shared with Monica?

Old 05-21-2008, 03:09 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,958,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
McCain advisor indirectly calls Hillary the B-word
When I saw this title, I thought you meant "bitter"...

Old 05-21-2008, 03:19 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Do you live in the REAL world? If so, have you never noticed that there's at least one young gal in the office who flirts non-stop with the old male boss and is likely sleeping with him? Sorry, but the fact remains that there ARE unscrupulous women who lack self-esteem and excellent credentials who are quite willing to offer their favors to powerful men.

And while I won't speak badly about Ted Kennedy since he is ill, just ponder all of the Kennedy worship and how badly nearly all of the men in that family behaved. Dems don't like to talk about that, though, do they? Jack Kennedy basically turned the White House into a bordello.
yes there are always young women who know that they can make a good thing better, but the judgement of a president in the office, when he had such potential, has always angered me. It was the betrayal to his supporters who were denied the fulfillment of what could have been a great presidency had he been able to keep it together for those eight years. I was not a supporter of President Clinton and never voted for him, but even I felt betrayed by his lack of respect for the supporters. Does John Kennedy's bad behavior somehow absolve Bill Clinton per your last paragraph?

Old 05-21-2008, 03:26 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
No kidding, huh? What's funny is that this faux outrage comes from the people who insist there's been no problem with sexism in this election. Only racism.
How does "angry woman" come to being anywhere near as offensive as the b-word?

I cant believe that some of the same people who pride themselves on Clinton's abilities as an intelligent woman citing how she's broken all kinds of glass ceilings, would actually attempt to rationalize such a horrible comment.

There is no excuse and no matter how you try to justify this, he degraded her and strong women everywhere.

But I suppose that's okay right, so long as Barack Obama or anyone in his campaign didnt say that, then there'd be a big problem.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:41 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
How does "angry woman" come to being anywhere near as offensive as the b-word?

I cant believe that some of the same people who pride themselves on Clinton's abilities as an intelligent woman citing how she's broken all kinds of glass ceilings, would actually attempt to rationalize such a horrible comment.

There is no excuse and no matter how you try to justify this, he degraded her and strong women everywhere.

But I suppose that's okay right, so long as Barack Obama or anyone in his campaign didnt say that, then there'd be a big problem.
Oh and I am a strong woman but I do not believe Hillary is good for this country!

She also has not broken any glass ceilings for women if anything she has hurt us! What she has done is skirted by and around the issues with rhetoric!

Old 05-21-2008, 03:45 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh and I am a strong woman but I do not believe Hillary is good for this country!

She also has not broken any glass ceilings for women if anything she has hurt us! What she has done is skirted by and around the issues with rhetoric!
But the fact remains, regardless as to what she did, that doesnt excuse what some McCain groupee said about her on national tv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections