Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I just do not think he is experienced enough and if he is THAT tired running for president, does he have the energy to be the leader of this country. I think not. My opinion. And boy, talk about hanging on mis quotes, what they have done to Hillary in the media is just as horrible.

I don't care for McCain or Hillary, but would vote for Hillary if she is chosen one, but it doesnt look like it.
Yeah, I can understand the concerns about his experience - and it's an understandable fear. I think he'll do just fine though. Experience is not everything. Junior had years of experience being the governor of the 2nd largest state in the Union and look at the horrible job he's done. Besides, I don't want someone who's indoctrinated in the ways of Washington. That's the very thing I'd like to get rid of. I don't want an insider. I want someone fresh - who'll shake things up, try new ideas, and do things a bit differently. I'm sick and tired of the status quo. We keep electing folks who do the same old stuff and then we wonder why things never seem to change but just seem to consistantly grow worse and worse.

DUH!!!!!!

I'm reminded of the famous quote by Ben Franklin: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

If we keep re-electing the same tired old crop of people, we're NEVER going to see anything different.

Happy with the status quo?
Vote the "old" back in.

Looking to break out of the same old cycles?
Then you are going to have to take a chance with someone new.
It's really as simple as that.

The Republican Revoluton of 1994 was a success because people had grown tired of the old ideas and wanted to try something new. Same thing is about to happen now, but the Democrats are the ones coming to power (and in both the White House and Congress (where the process already started in 2006 but is still underway).

Regarding his energy, it seems pretty clear that campaigning for over a year AND doing his day job at the Senate is plenty of reason for being tired. Obama is tired, Hillary is Tired and McCain is tired. They are ALL tired and they are all likely to say some dumb things due to it. Personally, from a physical standpoint, running for President is far harder than actually being President. Campaigning is go, go, go, go, go ALL the time - nonstop from one event or meeting to another, criss-crossing all over the country, traveling day and night. Personally I don't know how ANY of them manage to do it.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 05:26 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,183,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I'm sorry but I don't know just what message you folks are hearing. Can you elaborate instead of just saying change? Come this November we will have change no matter who wins. Change can be good and change can be bad. Just what change are you referring to?
I was reading an article about Asians voting for Obama. They speculated that a lot of them aren't voting for Obama because they come from countries where leaders promised "change" and the changes were always bad.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:39 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
A number of his brain trust come from the behaviorist school of thought which is a new emerging field of how economics in the 21st century can best be applied.

Behavioral economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The University of Chicago Magazine

Richard Thaler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is part of the change he is talking about. It is up to you the reader to digest and comment on intellectually if you want to debate the validity of the change.

Thaler is the guru and he is a frequent advisor to Team Obama as indicated in the article
I owe you a rep....excellent reading.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:45 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I was reading an article about Asians voting for Obama. They speculated that a lot of them aren't voting for Obama because they come from countries where leaders promised "change" and the changes were always bad.
People fear change because they are risk averse. Those who weren't afraid bought Honda's and look how well they've [Honda] done for the last 26 years. Those who were afraid stuck with the Big Three, and look how well they've done for the last 26 years.

Change is inevitable - embrace dialectics

Old 05-21-2008, 05:56 PM

580 posts, read 1,682,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
I suport Obama , I'm a women and I 'm white. I'm not voting for him because he is black or any other reason then I believe in his message. My older kids wonder why I'm so wrapped up in this election when other times I have not. Like many I want change and Obama speaks to me when I hear him. I believe this is history. I hope that someday we will see a women in office, I just don't think that Women is Hillary Clinton. When last night I watched the people listening to Obama I saw men, Women, and those of different races and I started to feel very proud. Although I know that we still deal with race issues there was a time that a man like Obama a black man wouldn't have gone anywhere. With the struggles of those of color through the years I know this means a lot to them and I get that. For me as a point of history it just means more to me to see a black man running for president than a women. I just think its time. And before others point this out, if he couldn't do it and I didn't believe in what his message was I wouldn't be supporting him.
I support Hillary Clinton

I see Hillary Clinton crowds diverse as well, and I use to be a undecided voter although I no longer got wrap in Barack Obama speeches ( yes he is a good speaker ) I looked beyond that and I've seen the issues. In Iowa I heard him make statements that change is ect... from that I got that he was saying change is improving healthcare, making college affordable and so on. Well thats what Hillary Clinton as well is talking about doing when she get in office... improve healthcare, make college affordable. Who do I see getting this job done/ and right? Hillary Clinton

Woot Hillary

Old 05-21-2008, 05:59 PM

580 posts, read 1,682,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
People fear change because they are risk averse. Those who weren't afraid bought Honda's and look how well they've [Honda] done for the last 26 years. Those who were afraid stuck with the Big Three, and look how well they've done for the last 26 years.

Change is inevitable - embrace dialectics
I support Hillary Clinton

I ran into a person one time and got caught all up in this election. Well I asked who are you voting for. Simply told me Hillary Clinton, not because they are afriad of the word change that Barack Obama is saying... their just not buying it, I was told.

Woot Hillary

Old 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM

399 posts, read 555,164 times
People say "Obama" does not have experience. McCain says that a lot.
Previous Experience does not mean that it will be beneficial in the future.
It is about common sense.

Obama will actually help this country, the war is driving the economy down.
Hopefully people are ready for a change.
Once again people say he does not have much experience. Take Bush, because his "Experience" helped the country.::Sarcasm:: Take Bush as an example that experience he has, does not mean "Good Country" SO "experience" in his case does not have merit

Old 05-21-2008, 07:02 PM

8,055 posts, read 10,651,352 times
The MEDIA did not get Barack Obama where he is - his own tenacity, his determination, his powerful charisma, speaking, and inspiration skills, his ability to go up against the power "Clinton" political machine,and his supporters, have gotten him where he is.

Whether he wins the nomination or the Presidency is beside the point - what he has done is absolutely amazing, and cannot be discounted.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:57 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I owe you a rep....excellent reading.
Thank you, I just wish more people in here did before writing.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:12 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,618,264 times
At this time in our history and with the world in turmoil it is not time for anyone but an effective person who knows how to lead, make good decisions and take a firm stand on our enemies.

So, no its not time for Obama, it might be time for a black, a woman or anything else but he is not qualified to run our country.

Maybe in the future but at this time, as of this day it is not time for this black man ( he is not 100% black anyway ).

The sake of change just because you want it may be the worst decision you will ever make.

Sure we need to make changes, but he is not the man to do it.

We shouldnt be looking if they are white, black, woman etc, we should be looking at who has the skills to be our commander in chief first and foremost.
There is only one of them available at this time.

We need a leader and none of these three fit the bill, so I am going with the lesser of three evils here.

This may open the future for a women or a black, but this is not the time to be voting based on your assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections