Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 12:14 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,527 times

Advertisements

I suport Obama , I'm a women and I 'm white. I'm not voting for him because he is black or any other reason then I believe in his message. My older kids wonder why I'm so wrapped up in this election when other times I have not. Like many I want change and Obama speaks to me when I hear him. I believe this is history. I hope that someday we will see a women in office, I just don't think that Women is Hillary Clinton. When last night I watched the people listening to Obama I saw men, Women, and those of different races and I started to feel very proud. Although I know that we still deal with race issues there was a time that a man like Obama a black man wouldn't have gone anywhere. With the struggles of those of color through the years I know this means a lot to them and I get that. For me as a point of history it just means more to me to see a black man running for president than a women. I just think its time. And before others point this out, if he couldn't do it and I didn't believe in what his message was I wouldn't be supporting him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 01:50 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,941,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
I suport Obama , I'm a women and I 'm white. I'm not voting for him because he is black or any other reason then I believe in his message. My older kids wonder why I'm so wrapped up in this election when other times I have not. Like many I want change and Obama speaks to me when I hear him. I believe this is history. I hope that someday we will see a women in office, I just don't think that Women is Hillary Clinton. When last night I watched the people listening to Obama I saw men, Women, and those of different races and I started to feel very proud. Although I know that we still deal with race issues there was a time that a man like Obama a black man wouldn't have gone anywhere. With the struggles of those of color through the years I know this means a lot to them and I get that. For me as a point of history it just means more to me to see a black man running for president than a women. I just think its time. And before others point this out, if he couldn't do it and I didn't believe in what his message was I wouldn't be supporting him.
Yes, I believe this is a turning point in history.

Yes, I believe it's time... time for a dynamic leader, time to change our policies and get out of Iraq, time for an intelligent approach to economics.

I appreciate your perspective, but to me, it's not about race or gender or age. But I do agree it's time a dynamic leader. Time for Barack Obama.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:16 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,008 times
He thinks we have 57 states. I think when the media hype is done making a God out of him we will have different opinions. I personally am voting for "none of the above." What an election.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
He thinks we have 57 states. I think when the media hype is done making a God out of him we will have different opinions. I personally am voting for "none of the above." What an election.
I see why you are not voting....What else comes to Arizona besides atomic bombs testing. Your own senator has failed you and yet he's now campaigning to be a president. God forbid, i don't want every state to become like AZ

Old 05-21-2008, 02:25 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
He thinks we have 57 states.
Get real.
He doesn't think we have 57 states.
He was talking about the number of states he's visted so far and was tired and meant to say 47. All the candidates are tired after months and months and months of campaigning.

Ken

PS - You can't even get his mis-statement right. What's YOUR excuse?

Old 05-21-2008, 02:32 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,236 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't know just what message you folks are hearing. Can you elaborate instead of just saying change? Come this November we will have change no matter who wins. Change can be good and change can be bad. Just what change are you referring to?

Old 05-21-2008, 02:34 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,527 times
I hope people understand the thought of what I was trying to say. It can be hard to communicate in writing. I just wondered if anyone else thoughts are simular to mind. I don't think anyone thinlks Obama is a God. Wasn't John Kennedy seen somewhat like Obama. The other day on the View it was talked about what would a Mother say to her daughter if Hillary didn't win or that the Mother didn't vote for her. All I can say is that voting like voting for a class president or homecoming queen. I support Obama and I do that because I think he is the best person for the job. I have already told that two my two older daughter. I think it is wrong to vote for Hillary jusat because your a women or Obama because you are black that isn't right. So I think what you tell your daughter is very simple vote for who you think will get things done and is talking about the issues you want to get done.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:38 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,030,381 times
A number of his brain trust come from the behaviorist school of thought which is a new emerging field of how economics in the 21st century can best be applied.

Behavioral economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The University of Chicago Magazine

Richard Thaler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is part of the change he is talking about. It is up to you the reader to digest and comment on intellectually if you want to debate the validity of the change.

Thaler is the guru and he is a frequent advisor to Team Obama as indicated in the article

Old 05-21-2008, 04:22 PM

102 posts, read 54,375 times
Quote:
I hope people understand the thought of what I was trying to say. It can be hard to communicate in writing. I just wondered if anyone else thoughts are simular to mind. I don't think anyone thinlks Obama is a God. Wasn't John Kennedy seen somewhat like Obama. The other day on the View it was talked about what would a Mother say to her daughter if Hillary didn't win or that the Mother didn't vote for her. All I can say is that voting like voting for a class president or homecoming queen. I support Obama and I do that because I think he is the best person for the job. I have already told that two my two older daughter. I think it is wrong to vote for Hillary jusat because your a women or Obama because you are black that isn't right. So I think what you tell your daughter is very simple vote for who you think will get things done and is talking about the issues you want to get done.
I understand perfectly, Mim, because you echo my sentiments. And to repeat: No one thinks Obama is a God - just a man who really cares and inspires with the changes he wants to make which, in each debate, he has listed. This is not the place to convince people to vote for him, in my opinion, or to educate those who do not support him by explaining what these changes are. It's up to you as individuals to learn this for yourselves by reading, watching and listening. So many people here utter thoughtless comments which only show they have not read, watched or listened, because if they had, they would have indeed learned and made a decision based on that - not what the media tells them, not what folks say here. Do your own research and think for yourself - not how someone else tells you to think. Only in this way can you truly learn.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:29 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Get real.
He doesn't think we have 57 states.
He was talking about the number of states he's visted so far and was tired and meant to say 47. All the candidates are tired after months and months and months of campaigning.

Ken

PS - You can't even get his mis-statement right. What's YOUR excuse?
I just do not think he is experienced enough and if he is THAT tired running for president, does he have the energy to be the leader of this country. I think not. My opinion. And boy, talk about hanging on mis quotes, what they have done to Hillary in the media is just as horrible.

I don't care for McCain or Hillary, but would vote for Hillary if she is chosen one, but it doesnt look like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections