Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:02 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times

Advertisements

First of all Cindy McCain has been appointed as "hit man" on Michelle Obama. Her job is to attack Michelle at campagin events so that makes her open to attack herself. Secondly the fact is that she was a drug addict and that is a fact everybody knows about. Third she refuses to allow the public to see her tax retrunrs so we can follow the money to her husband. Fouth her husband abandoned his first wife after she waited 5 years for him to get out of Vietnam and he had an affair with this wife prior to divorce. Fifth, McCain himself has dissed his wife even in front of others calling her names like "c***". So yes we do expect to talk about Cindy McCain in the fall.

[Mod edited for language]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 05-22-2008 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: language filters are there for a reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:00 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Yet all of that will be minimal and the big issue might be Michelle Obama saying whitey if other posters are to be believed. If that plays out then we are doomed to being the buffoons the rest of the world believes we are becoming.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:28 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
C. McCain got addicted to prescription medication after back surgery! how many people does that happen to in this country.
It's not like she used meth, cocaine, lsd, or even pot! My goodness!
As far as McCain leaving his first wife there are different stories floating around and some say they were not together when he and Cindy hooked up.
So there you go.
As far as the stroke I am shocked that anyone would even bring that up! OMG!
She is a young woman that had a unfortunate health condition.
She is not bed ridden!
She can function and get along in life just look at her list of accomplishments that says it all right there!
Yet The Clintons can be involved in criminal activities, Bill can have his indiscreshens and that is all ok?
Our values are seriously screw up in this country!

Old 05-22-2008, 09:32 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Default Cindy McCain....

I don't see it being an issue at all.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Do we really want a brain damaged first lady?
So you're saying that 15 years ago, when she was facing this problem, her husband should have divorced her? Maybe he should have said:

"Sorry you're sick but I don't take my marital vows seriously. In sickness and in health? Who cares--I need to divorce you because 15 years from now I'll want to run for President and you'll be an embarrassment."

Give me a break.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:45 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
C. McCain got addicted to prescription medication after back surgery! how many people does that happen to in this country.
It's not like she used meth, cocaine, lsd, or even pot! My goodness!
As far as McCain leaving his first wife there are different stories floating around and some say they were not together when he and Cindy hooked up.
So there you go.
As far as the stroke I am shocked that anyone would even bring that up! OMG!
She is a young woman that had a unfortunate health condition.
She is not bed ridden!
She can function and get along in life just look at her list of accomplishments that says it all right there!
Her case is not like other "people" She got addicted to pain pills, then STOLE from her own charity to support her habit. She had prescriptions written in charity patients names, then filled them for herself. One doctor actually lost his license over the affair, but, though she admitted wrongdoing, Cindy McCain's financial and political connections allowed her to avoid prosecution of any kind.

If Michelle Obama had been guilty of those crimes, imagine the outrage, not only in the media, but from some of the same members of this board that now defend Cindy McCain. Heck, they go after Obama's wife by picking at words, but Cindy's outright crimes get a pass. Hypocrisy anyone?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,217 times
I am not a McCain fan, but I don't see why Cindy McCain's drug issues are relavent. She realized she had a problem, got help and as far as I know she is not currently abusing drugs. This illness/problem effects many people in this country and to bring it up and try to make it an issue is in poor taste in my opinion. I think there is plenty of ammunition to fight McCain with besides bringing up his wife's personal problems.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:51 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,815 times
Quote:
If Michelle Obama had been guilty of those crimes...
The reaction would be contingent on her feelings about it. Cindy regrets it and accepts responsibility. Michelle Obama would come out swinging... as if it was America's fault she was weak. That's why she'd take a hit.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:51 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I mean,
Michelle Obama is fair game right? What of the first lady's moral character? Is that important?

John McCain: Are His Backers Out of Prison?

No, I don't think so.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Cindy McCain would still be a representative of this country. It just wouldn't look very good if she's drooling while greeting heads of state at the WH. I suppose she could be hidden away but her problem, and the lack of judgment that brought it on, would constantly be in the media.
I am not sure if you are joking or that ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections