Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:56 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That'll change.

45 to 41 is just barely outside the margin of error - as is 44 to 40 - and this comes while the Democrats are still battling. Once the Democratic candidacy is finalized Obama will move up.

I notice you didn't mention the 46 to 40 edge Obama has over McCain in PA that was also mentioned in the article.

Ken

Polls are irrelevant at this point anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 02:16 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Recent Polls show Obama losing to McCain in Ohio and Florida. He loses to McCain in North Carolina too, and probably a lot of those southern and midwestern states he won in the primaries.

Obama REALLY REALLY needed to do good in the states Hillary won in -- but he didn't.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:17 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
Well, if the primaries were the criteria, we would have had legitimate elections in Florida and Michigan, and not needed Super Delegates. The comprehesive voting results don't look to me like the voting counts you espouse:

Popular Vote (w/FL & MI)** Obama 17,254,779 47.5% Clinton 17,422,285 47.9% (Clinton +167,506 +0.46%)

Estimate w/IA, NV, ME, WA* Obama 17,588,863 47.6% Clinton 17,646,147 47.7% (Clinton +57,284 +0.15%)
The numbers you quoted gives ZERO votes for Obama in Michigan. That's the only way Hillary Clinton would come out ahead. Do you really believe Obama should get ZERO votes in Michigan? That is the spin coming from the Clinton camp. Harold Ickes wants to give Obama no credit for Michigan, a state with a large African American population. If the primary had been done correctly and Obama campaigned in Michigan, he would have won there too.

Remember, Jesse Jackson shellacked the opposition in the 1988 Michigan Dem primary, winning 53.5% of the vote: 3/26/1988: Jackson 53.5%, Dukakis 29.0%, Gephardt 12.8%, Simon 2.1%, Gore 2.0%

I really think those who say Hillary Clinton leads in the popular vote are not being forthcoming with the math.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:15 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,024,921 times
I find it amusing that folks in states like Ohio & Michigan both suffering from poor economies will vote for a republican-any republican. They simply will not vote for change or in their own best interests.

It so does seem that the economy, according to the Federal reserve is likely to become worse this year, with rising unemployment, increasing inflation, and energy prices likely to rise or remain the same. If the economy continues to deteriorate, and these states fail to vote for a new direction, It does seem that racism might still be alive and well in this nation; and that still trumps whether you can afford to buy food or fill your car with gas or afford to see a Doctor.

I find it rather strange that many will not vote for Obama because of his name or the color of his skin- I myself am not concerned with skin color, gender or whatever. I am concerned about MY future- and will vote accordingly.

In Connecticut- a state where the economy thus far is doing much better- Obama is ahead.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:04 AM

524 posts, read 839,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
It so does seem that the economy, according to the Federal reserve is likely to become worse this year, with rising unemployment, increasing inflation, and energy prices likely to rise or remain the same. If the economy continues to deteriorate, and these states fail to vote for a new direction, It does seem that racism might still be alive and well in this nation; and that still trumps whether you can afford to buy food or fill your car with gas or afford to see a Doctor.
Is this a joke? There's actually a MODERATOR on here telling us if Osama doesn't get elected, THIS IS A RACIST COUNTRY?

Dark days indeed.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:06 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
I find it amusing that folks in states like Ohio & Michigan both suffering from poor economies will vote for a republican-any republican. They simply will not vote for change or in their own best interests.

I find it rather strange that many will not vote for Obama because of his name or the color of his skin- I myself am not concerned with skin color, gender or whatever. I am concerned about MY future- and will vote accordingly.

In Connecticut- a state where the economy thus far is doing much better- Obama is ahead.
It is not strange but a tad illogical and this election is bringing a lot of that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections