Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:49 PM

524 posts, read 840,242 times

Advertisements

The Quinnipiac University surveys had McCain up 45 to 41 percent on the Illinois senator in Florida, the epicenter of the 2000 recount drama, which also helped President George W. Bush back to the White House in 2004.

In Ohio, another vital battleground that narrowly went for Bush last time around, McCain leads Obama 44 percent to 40 percent.

The poll showed that between 26 and 36 percent of Clinton supporters in primaries in the three states would switch to McCain if Obama, vying to become the first (half) black US president, becomes the Democratic nominee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

McCain leads Obama in two battlegrounds: polls - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 01:03 PM

826 posts, read 1,626,949 times
Good, cause I'm in Ohio, voting for McCain and he WILL get our state.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM

Keep up the good work, my friend.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:40 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,080,669 times
Woot status quo. Just talked to my vacation resort realtor and she is expecting timeshares to continue to Fall as inventory builds. Due to gas prices and financial distress far more people are trying to sell then wanting to buy. Should be able to buy at Hilton Head for at least 30% below current resale prices.

Woot
Status quo

Now is the time for all good people to profit off of the weaker while we still can.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:06 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,876,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
The Quinnipiac University surveys had McCain up 45 to 41 percent on the Illinois senator in Florida, the epicenter of the 2000 recount drama, which also helped President George W. Bush back to the White House in 2004.

In Ohio, another vital battleground that narrowly went for Bush last time around, McCain leads Obama 44 percent to 40 percent.

The poll showed that between 26 and 36 percent of Clinton supporters in primaries in the three states would switch to McCain if Obama, vying to become the first (half) black US president, becomes the Democratic nominee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

McCain leads Obama in two battlegrounds: polls - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Since it doesn't look like Hillary will get the Dem nod, I'm switching to McCain. Obama will never get my vote and never be my president.

Nobama 08

Old 05-22-2008, 02:20 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,358,479 times
That'll change.

45 to 41 is just barely outside the margin of error - as is 44 to 40 - and this comes while the Democrats are still battling. Once the Democratic candidacy is finalized Obama will move up.

I notice you didn't mention the 46 to 40 edge Obama has over McCain in PA that was also mentioned in the article.

Ken

Old 05-22-2008, 02:23 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That'll change.

45 to 41 is just barely outside the margin of error - as is 44 to 40 - and this comes while the Democrats are still battling. Once the Democratic candidacy is finalized Obama will move up.

I notice you didn't mention the 46 to 40 edge Obama has over McCain in PA that was also mentioned in the article.

Ken
Or the SUSA poll showing Obama leading McCain in Virginia 49%-42%.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:40 PM

Right. As the article states, and as it says in the TITLE OF THE ARTICLE, it's about the KEY states.

"Hope" alone will not win you the election. Sorry guys.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:05 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,358,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Right. As the article states, and as it says in the TITLE OF THE ARTICLE, it's about the KEY states.

"Hope" alone will not win you the election. Sorry guys.
Here's the first 4 paragraphs of that article (as written - except for the bolding - which is mine):

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Republican John McCain leads Barack Obama in two presidential swing states, as some of Hillary Clinton's core supporters shun the Democratic front-runner, polls showed Thursday.

Obama however leads McCain in Pennsylvania, by 46 to 40 percent. The state is a must-win for Democrats eyeing the White House.

Sounds like the authors thought it was important enough to mention - or are you saying that PA is no longer considered a "key battleground state" but rather is firmly in Obama's camp - because if that's the case, then that's news to me (happy news though). Certainly the author considered it important - calling it a "must-win".

Cherry picking your data again eh?

Ken

Old 05-22-2008, 03:16 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,529,766 times
Obama's lead over McCain in PA (6 points) is bigger and more significant than McCain's lead over Obama in Florida (4 points) or McCain's lead over Obama in Ohio (2 points). The two candidates are practically tied in the latter two states. This is only the case because Obama has been distracted by the histrionics of Hillary Clinton. Once Hillary Clinton has been disposed of, Obama should pull ahead of John McCain and win the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections