Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,740,538 times

Advertisements

Can you still respect him for running around on his wife who stayed loyal to him through the years he was a POW and then dropping her [she was crippled at the time from a car wreck] for the woman he is with now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 12:40 PM

36,668 posts, read 67,634,704 times
I spent the past 3 days scouring the internet looking at his past and I am a bit put off by him now.

I used to respect him a bit more. Sure, there are stories about Barack Obama but at best, everything except Rezko(imo) can be characterized as GOP/ Hillary scare tactics. Not of that has teeth.

McCain on the other hand has issues with marital fidelity, questionable business dealings, one of them costed thousands of people their life savings, issues with lobbyists, questions about his military service, his wife was addicted to drugs and he's got a notoriously bad temper.

Im sure some can overlook all that, but I cant.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:43 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,621,664 times
Interesting how both parties are foaming at the mouth to have a judgment debate in the public eye. A long history is indeed a double edged sword.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:17 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I spent the past 3 days scouring the internet looking at his past and I am a bit put off by him now.

I used to respect him a bit more. Sure, there are stories about Barack Obama but at best, everything except Rezko(imo) can be characterized as GOP/ Hillary scare tactics. Not of that has teeth.

McCain on the other hand has issues with marital fidelity, questionable business dealings, one of them costed thousands of people their life savings, issues with lobbyists, questions about his military service, his wife was addicted to drugs and he's got a notoriously bad temper.

Im sure some can overlook all that, but I cant.
Frankly, I don't give a rat's rump about a candidate's personal life. There are always rumors about someone having affairs, engaging in inappropriate behavior, etc. Clinton was certainly involved in those "immoral" acts ... but I couldn't have cared less. These candidates are human, and are just as likely to be promiscuous as the average Joe or Jane.

The question is: who will do the best job of LEADING THE NATION??? If the U.S. should ever be involved in a national crisis, the first person people count on is the President. On 9/11/01 when terrorists were crashing airplanes into buildings, the last thing on people's minds was how many extra marital affairs or questionable business dealings the President had!

Old 05-22-2008, 02:21 PM

36,668 posts, read 67,634,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The question is: who will do the best job of LEADING THE NATION???
I'll take my chances with the guy who I believe has the most integrity.

Quote:
If the U.S. should ever be involved in a national crisis, the first person people count on is the President. On 9/11/01 when terrorists were crashing airplanes into buildings
We need a President who will excercise restraint and good judgement.

Quote:
the last thing on people's minds was how many extra marital affairs or questionable business dealings the President had!
Obama gives the option of having a great leader with none of the above mentioned failings. Win-Win.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:28 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,092,325 times
No I can't respect John McCain after what he did to me three years ago. We spent a wonderful night together and the next morning he promised to call me and he never did. In fact I saw him with his wife that night and he got a stunned look and ignored me. I was just another conquest of his and can't respect him. I talked to friends at the Y and others had similar experiences with him.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:29 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,766,587 times
I could care less about his sex life. Was this not the lesson of the "left" in the Clinton years. So he ran around. So have many of our past leaders. Kennedy was a circus with all the babes running in and out of the secret passage.
I want someone who will protect this country, put an end to corruption, reign in our energy costs.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:31 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,833,558 times
Quote:
The one who bought a too expensive home by getting his indicted pal Rezko to buy another property from the same seller; closing on the same day at significantly over market value compared to his own? All happening while Obama is setting said pal up in getting $15mil of our taxpayer dollars so he can live in a sharp home. Is Obama still pawning this off as an admittedly poor idea but all just a coincidence?

Integrity we can all believe in.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:32 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,766,587 times
Quote:

We need a President who will excercise restraint and good judgement.

Obama gives the option of having a great leader with none of the above mentioned failings. Win-Win.
Sorry. Obama was quoted by the popular media as stating that Iran is not a threat. Was this not the argument when Duh b u when to war with Iraq? That Iran was the biggest threat and Bush was a fool for ignoring this threat? Do I still hear John Kerry screaming about this during the last election? Obama is showing his lack of foreign skills.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:36 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,444,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Can you still respect him for running around on his wife who stayed loyal to him through the years he was a POW and then dropping her [she was crippled at the time from a car wreck] for the woman he is with now.
It makes McCain an adulterer and a liar, while his wife is an adulterer and a drug addict....quite a potential first couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections