Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 11:56 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So why would you vote for Oz. What has he done to make him a member of our senate.

I'm not from PA. The people of PA will choose from a corporate Democrat that supports Biden policies or the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 11:05 AM

13,236 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
That wasn't my point. The media calls him extremist right for questioning the 2020 elections but not Stacy. I was exposing our cr@ppy media.

You must be the minority making a previous election a conspiracy the #1 issue in 2022. If you think that surpasses the economy, crime and immigration than good luck. We will see if Biden's policies are famous in PA in 2022.
Authoritarian rule should be the top priority of voters that is what guys like Mastriano wants to change. They want the power to overturn election results when their guy doesn't win without the courts being involved.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Authoritarian rule should be the top priority of voters that is what guys like Mastriano wants to change. They want the power to overturn election results when their guy doesn't win without the courts being involved.

How do you turn elections without the courts? Has there been a time in modern history when that happen?
If you want to ban protesting except from the left and the things you agree then make your case and good luck.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:07 PM

13,236 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
How do you turn elections without the courts? Has there been a time in modern history when that happen?
If you want to ban protesting except from the left and the things you agree then make your case and good luck.
I never said protesting I said Trump attempted to get state legislatures to vote in their own electors overturning results without the courts. Trump again attempted to have Mike Pence throw out certified electors from states that didn't go his way all done without the courts.

His roadblock was some Republicans, and democrats who had enough control to stop it. If the right people are in the right spots in 2024 and Trump loses again those people can reject the results without the courts. That is why Trump wants the most extreme in office.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:42 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
He believes 2020 was stolen but so do a lot of people. But the center piece of his campaign? I doubt that.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/63456195-post25.html

Fetterman on the other hand has a potential "Black problem" and without a strong Black turnout he's unlikely to win. I suspect he's going to get hit with this incident over and over again. It might be one reason the Dem establishment wasn't too keen on Fetterman running.

John Fetterman said he heard what sounded like gunfire and saw a man running away. So he reacted by getting his kid inside to safety before he called 911.

What Fetterman did next, however, still haunts him nine years later as he campaigns for the Democratic nomination for the Senate in Pennsylvania: He chased the man down with a shotgun and detained him until police arrived.

It turned out that the man was jogging and wearing running clothes. According to a police report, the man was unarmed and said the sound of gunfire was actually fireworks, although two witnesses thought they heard shots.

The man Fetterman pulled a gun on is Black.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...race-rcna25649
Why does that "still haunt" him 9 years later? Sounds like he acted properly under the circumstances to me.

Old 05-19-2022, 03:02 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Kentucky's 6th house district used to be dominated by moderate Democrats. Now it's moved so far right that the Democrat to challenge the GOP incumbent is pro Russian and pro China. He wants to end all aid to Ukraine and instead aid Russia in annexing parts of Ukraine. So the pretty far right Garland 'Andy' Barr GOP that holds the seat is actually who D's are rooting for.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:45 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Why does that "still haunt" him 9 years later? Sounds like he acted properly under the circumstances to me.
Because it hurts him with Black voters:

Revered by white progressives, John Fetterman got trounced in heavily black sections of Philadelphia
https://freebeacon.com/democrats/fet...t-gun-scandal/

Old 05-19-2022, 05:06 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Correct. In PA then laws were on his side . And mostly still are. He can increase his base with the 2A loyalist by saying how it preserved all lives in that incident.

Neither McCormick or OZ are worthy to represent PA. If they do then... Guess it can be concluded that the toxic lies prevail.

Old 05-19-2022, 05:26 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Correct. In PA then laws were on his side . And mostly still are. He can increase his base with the 2A loyalist by saying how it preserved all lives in that incident.

Neither McCormick or OZ are worthy to represent PA. If they do then... Guess it can be concluded that the toxic lies prevail.
I get the packaging and it's not a bad idea: huge tattooed White male who likes guns. But he's got a problem with Black voters whose strong support he will need in Nov.

Furthermore the Dems had better pray McCormick wins because right or wrong OZ celebrity status is sure to peel off a percentage of Black female voters who are fans. Not a lot mind you. But enough for OZ to win in what is sure to be a tight race.

Last edited by john3232; 05-19-2022 at 06:50 PM..

Old 05-19-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I never said protesting I said Trump attempted to get state legislatures to vote in their own electors overturning results without the courts. Trump again attempted to have Mike Pence throw out certified electors from states that didn't go his way all done without the courts.

His roadblock was some Republicans, and democrats who had enough control to stop it. If the right people are in the right spots in 2024 and Trump loses again those people can reject the results without the courts. That is why Trump wants the most extreme in office.
What law did Trump violate again? do you have the federal code? Again, all the politics and fighting were done in the courts and state legislatures. Trump never violated the constitution or disobey the S.C. decisions so you lost me with your Trump hysteria.

I don't agree with lots of stuff Biden and his party does on a daily basis that are really foul but I don't make a crisis out it when there are real issues out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections