Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:24 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,825,783 times

Advertisements

Of course I get it. I also get it that you can't call someone "McCain's Pastor", if he never attended their church. When you seek someone's endorsement, you are asking them to say to their followers that you are the best person for the job. Nowhere have I seen that the pastors were seeking McCain's endorsement of their views or that he was offering it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 10:33 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,460,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Of course I get it. I also get it that you can't call someone "McCain's Pastor", if he never attended their church. When you seek someone's endorsement, you are asking them to say to their followers that you are the best person for the job. Nowhere have I seen that the pastors were seeking McCain's endorsement of their views or that he was offering it.
McCain said "All I can tell you is I'm very proud to have pastor Hagee's support," Hagee has called Nazis divine agents sent by God. I think the facts speak for themselves.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,816,900 times
Quote:
Once again, jumping on the topic w/o thorough knowledge ! McCain PRAISED these pastors calling them great men and said he was honored to have their support.....[somebody please translate]

The issue is not whether he's a member of their churches or not

The issue is he sought their endorsements for political purporses
And went even further by praising them and saying that he was honered to have their support
And when things backfired.....he rejected all that!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:47 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,825,783 times
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:54 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,602,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Once again... they were not his pastors. He did not have a 20 year relationship with them. He did not have a 20 minute relationship with them. Very different than Obama.
but he sought their endorsement and one of them is McCain spiritual advisor.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:54 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,816,900 times
Quote:
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree!
Yep....agreeing to disagree seems to be the only way to agree to disagree about what we are disagreeing.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:55 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,602,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The whole story is funny. All these Obama haters just loved making hay over Rev Wright. My how things have changed now it's McCain with the pastor problems, I'd say the chickens have really come home to roost.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 04:03 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,095,254 times
Quote:
McCain is a lifelong Episcopalian. Show me where any Episcopalian priest has ever said anything radical except radically liberal.
He is now attends a Baptist church. He said that in the statement disavowing the pastors.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:31 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,729,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
McCain said "All I can tell you is I'm very proud to have pastor Hagee's support," Hagee has called Nazis divine agents sent by God. I think the facts speak for themselves.
Are we really expected to believe this? Christians love the Jewish community. The Jews are God's chosen people and Jesus was a Jew. I have watched Hagee on TV and have only found one thing about him that I don't like. I am not going to tell you what that is because you would just use it. I have a friend who is a pastor's son and he told his wife that Hagee's preaching is the most near the Bible that he has ever heard. You are taking something he said out of context.

Nothing on earth happens unless God allows it.

Last edited by NCN; 05-23-2008 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections