Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 07:27 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times

Advertisements

we already know why. toxic amounts of leftism.

Quote:
An earthquake is building in Tuesday's California elections that could rattle the political landscape from coast to coast.

In Los Angeles and San Francisco, two of the nation's most liberal large cities, voters are poised to send stinging messages of discontent over mounting public disorder, as measured in both upticks in certain kinds of crime and pervasive homelessness.
That dissatisfaction could translate into the recall of San Francisco's left-leaning district attorney, Chesa Boudin, likely by a resounding margin, and a strong showing in the Los Angeles mayoral primary by Rick Caruso, a billionaire real estate developer and former Republican who has emerged as the leading alternative in the race to Democratic US Rep. Karen Bass, once considered the front-runner.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/07/polit...ace/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 06:51 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
we already know why. toxic amounts of leftism.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/07/polit...ace/index.html
I doubt any changes in CA. Liberals/dems are brainwashed and never connect personal financial misery and poor business environment to terrible liberal policy.

Liberals have now convinced themselves (as they privately KNOW that Biden is a disaster) that these bad economic conditions would have befalled ANY president. Of course, this is nonsense, as Biden's liberal policies have created the inflation, record gas prices, rising interest rates, falling GDP and falling markets.

As they have abandoned critical thinking, liberals simply cannot fathom that they have been 100% wrong thier whole lives and thus seek absurd rationalizations for continued dem support.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:59 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,435,284 times
I read the California and Los Angeles forums daily and even on city data is so Democrat biased Calif. dosen't stand a chance.

Old 06-07-2022, 09:34 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Sorry, uggabugga. In this case, you're wrong. This state is so seeped in blue, it will never change. In fact, I knew how the election would go, I didn't even bother to vote in the primary today. It would be a waste of my time. I used to enjoy election time when we were a bit more balanced. You never knew who would win which kinda made it exciting. That ship has sailed.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:04 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/re...rnia/primaries

Granted there's still a lot of vote still out as I write this, but democrats are doing almost stunningly well in CA tonight. I also didn't know until a short while ago that CA has a "top-two" primary in which the top 2 of any party are the ones who make it to the general election. Interesting idea.

In congressional races, there are NO races in which the top 2 vote getters are both republicans. But there are 7 races where both of the top 2 vote getters are democrats (or in the case of CA-10, the 2nd vote-getter is a Green Party candidate).

As I write this, the democrat with the lowest vote percentage in a statewide race is Lieutenant Governor with 56%.

Also in congressional districts, most of the competitive districts are going for the democrats, or are very close.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ps/california/
^
-- CA-03 is supposed to be an R+8 district, but as I write this the democrat is beating the republican by 10 points.
-- CA-40 is supposed to be an R+4 district, but as I write this the democrat is beating the republican by 15 points.
-- CA-41 is supposed to be an R+7 district, but as I write this the democrat and republican are nearly tied.
-- CA-45 is supposed to be a D+5 district, and as I write this the democrat is ahead by 2-3 points. But only about half the vote is in.

The possible exception, so far, is CA-27: it's supposed to be a D+8 district, but as I write this the dem and GOP candidates are almost tied.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:12 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
"That dissatisfaction c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ DID translate into the recall of San Francisco's left-leaning district attorney, Chesa Boudin".

Old 06-08-2022, 01:44 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,832,402 times
All you need to know about this topic is that Detroit has a Dem Mayor in his 2nd term. They NEVER learn.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:22 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"That dissatisfaction c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ DID translate into the recall of San Francisco's left-leaning district attorney, Chesa Boudin".
he was recalled

Old 06-08-2022, 04:06 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,959,113 times
Boudin’s soft-on-crime tactics sent him packing 60-40 in an incredibly liberal (and feces infected) city. Even wacky libs hated the wanton violence.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:31 AM

4,030 posts, read 3,309,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/re...rnia/primaries

Granted there's still a lot of vote still out as I write this, but democrats are doing almost stunningly well in CA tonight. I also didn't know until a short while ago that CA has a "top-two" primary in which the top 2 of any party are the ones who make it to the general election. Interesting idea.

In congressional races, there are NO races in which the top 2 vote getters are both republicans. But there are 7 races where both of the top 2 vote getters are democrats (or in the case of CA-10, the 2nd vote-getter is a Green Party candidate).

As I write this, the democrat with the lowest vote percentage in a statewide race is Lieutenant Governor with 56%.

Also in congressional districts, most of the competitive districts are going for the democrats, or are very close.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ps/california/
^
-- CA-03 is supposed to be an R+8 district, but as I write this the democrat is beating the republican by 10 points.
-- CA-40 is supposed to be an R+4 district, but as I write this the democrat is beating the republican by 15 points.
-- CA-41 is supposed to be an R+7 district, but as I write this the democrat and republican are nearly tied.
-- CA-45 is supposed to be a D+5 district, and as I write this the democrat is ahead by 2-3 points. But only about half the vote is in.

The possible exception, so far, is CA-27: it's supposed to be a D+8 district, but as I write this the dem and GOP candidates are almost tied.

This is a misleading argument. In the CA 03 (and I suspect the other districts you are discussing above ) there is no incumbent Republican candidate and the district attracted three fairly competitive Republican candidates which split the Republican vote whereas the Democratic vote consolidated around one candidate in the primary. Because the vote is split three ways, no single Republican candidate did as well as the leading Democratic candidate in that district in the open primary, but that doesn't mean in the general election in November that the Democrats are going to carry the CA 03.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections