Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 06:52 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Democrats really thought Texans were going to be moved to relinquish their rights from taking advantage of terrible tragedies and pulling media stunts.
You KNOW it is bad when a "Liberal think tank" sasy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 06:55 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Well, if McConaughey, would run as a true Democrat, not as a Progressive and lighten up on his anti gun talk, he could win, but is he willing to be a true Democrat and not some out of touch progressive liberal?
lol You have no idea what his platform is. He's just another bot who gets led around by the nose. That's his job. To act in a fantasy world and having people tell him what to do.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:56 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
His stunt at the press conference where he was rightfully called out by the Uvalde mayor doesn't seem to have helped him in the polls.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:01 AM

4,331 posts, read 7,239,240 times
I think Beto's support in Texas mostly comes from the State's largest urban areas. Outside of those four or so counties, I don't see much support for him in the rest of the State.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:01 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Democrats really thought Texans were going to be moved to relinquish their rights from taking advantage of terrible tragedies and pulling media stunts.
You KNOW it is bad when a left biased site says it.

" Time to Face Facts: Polls Biased Towards Democrats
The poll cited that 48% of the sample were Democrats. But the electorate, according to Gallup, consists of 31% Democrats, 29%Republicans and 38% Independents.
It appears, that all — that’s right, all — of the polls cited in the venerable Real Clear Politics Poll (RCP) average have a bias of at least six points toward Democrats with Independents being underrepresented by at least two percentage points and always leaning more Democratic.

"https://www.newsmax.com/johntantillo/gallup-biases-sampling/2020/01/06/id/948599/

Old 06-15-2022, 07:14 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The electricity market in Texas is a mess, with no end in sight. The state selling 20 year bonds to pay off natural gas suppliers will cost Teas electricity users millions. And we still don't have a reliable distribution channel.

The cover up of the tragedy in Uvalde will hide the cowardice and confusion among the law enforcement that was there. Kids and teachers are still dead. The grief will never end for that community. But the cover up last until shortly after election day/

The mortality rate among minority pregnant women is still awful.

Tax payers are spending billions a year to keep the National Guard away from their real jobs and families costing them billions. How many illegals have been stopped?

NG lines are still blowing up leaving plants off line for months.

YADA yada
I am failing to see how any of that is the fault of Governor Abbott...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone View Post
And we are in a pizzlng contest over governor because gun owners think Beto 's gonna grab their guns. IDK how that could even happen. The logistics boggles the mind.

I'm not crazy about Beto. But nobody could be worse for Texas than more years of Abbott.
Gee, I wonder why people would think Mr. O'Rourke would do that... "H*ll yeah, we're going to take your AR-15's"

It sounds as though you are trying to rationalize a vote for someone who tried to murder people with his car, by blaming Governor Abbott for things that he does not control...

Old 06-15-2022, 07:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
He had SUCH incredible promise, as a Kennedy Democrat, until he went far left to differentiate himself from other democrat candidates.

In his campaign against Rafael "Ted" Cruz, which he damn near won (for those who don't think that's a big deal, it is), it seemed he was on a clear trajectory upwards. Had he veered center, instead of pulling far left in his presidential primary run, I believe he likely could have been elected President instead of Biden.

I stood with a large, spontaneous crowd, in the pouring rain, on a street corner where everyone only had an hour notice by campaign email that he was swinging by, and I can say he's got charisma.

PULL TO THE CENTER, BETO!!

Last edited by ClaraC; 06-15-2022 at 07:37 AM..

Old 06-15-2022, 07:31 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post

Gee, I wonder why people would think Mr. O'Rourke would do that... "H*ll yeah, we're going to take your AR-15's"

It sounds as though you are trying to rationalize a vote for someone who tried to murder people with his car, by blaming Governor Abbott for things that he does not control...
I was all in when Beto ran against Cruz. But I am no longer familiar with how political campaigns are run for social media. i was not crazy about the way his campaign was run. But, IMO, Ted Cruz is a media hoar. Anybody who kisses the ring of the person who said really tacky stuff about their wife and called his father their assassin needs to get beat.

I can see how anybody living in a town where many people got shot at Walmart or in their school might have a problem with guns. But again, Beto's remarks after El Paso were stupid if he ever considered running for anything ever again.

Driving drunk while young is not unheard of, but I would not call it murder.

Abbott controls a lot of what happens in Texas that is so far behind the curtain nobody sees it. And it cost money.

Leaving the Guard on the border and 200 miles in is not doing a bit of good. It is damaging the lives of the people in the guard and their families and employers. Telling the people of Denton when they voted for no fracking in the city limits they had no say i what happened in their town is not the local control conservative I have always admired.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:31 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
To a Democrat in Texas — stubbing your toe is Governor Abbot’s fault.

Quote:

She failed to mention that this felon was an illegal alien Killer. Like I said — everything is the fault of Governor Abbot, his great sin is that he is a Republican — and that he will win against the Table Dancing Robert Francis.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:34 AM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You KNOW it is bad when a left biased site says it.

" Time to Face Facts: Polls Biased Towards Democrats
The poll cited that 48% of the sample were Democrats. But the electorate, according to Gallup, consists of 31% Democrats, 29%Republicans and 38% Independents.
It appears, that all — that’s right, all — of the polls cited in the venerable Real Clear Politics Poll (RCP) average have a bias of at least six points toward Democrats with Independents being underrepresented by at least two percentage points and always leaning more Democratic.

"https://www.newsmax.com/johntantillo/gallup-biases-sampling/2020/01/06/id/948599/
yep.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections