Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 07:42 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He had SUCH incredible promise, as a Kennedy Democrat, until he went far left to differentiate himself from other democrat candidates.

In his campaign against Rafael "Ted" Cruz, which he damn near won (for those who don't think that's a big deal, it is), it seemed he was on a clear trajectory upwards. Had he veered center, instead of pulling far left in his presidential primary run, I believe he likely would have been elected President instead of Biden.

I stood with a large, spontaneous crowd, in the pouring rain, on a street corner where everyone only had an hour notice by campaign email that he was swinging by, and I can say he's got charisma.

PULL TO THE CENTER, BETO!!
Clara, your "moderate" bias is showing!

You point out how Senator Cruz's real name is Rafael, but ignore Mr. O'Rourke's real name...

"H*ll yeah, we're going to take your AR-15's" is how you automatically lose elections in Texas... And, after his disrespectful rude, crass, and contemptuous display at the press conference of murdered children, I have no problem calling him an *ss. For as much as some like to complain about President Trump's decorum, how many of those same people will vote for Mr. O'Rourke?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 08:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Clara, your "moderate" bias is showing!

You point out how Senator Cruz's real name is Rafael, but ignore Mr. O'Rourke's real name...

"H*ll yeah, we're going to take your AR-15's" is how you automatically lose elections in Texas... And, after his disrespectful rude, crass, and contemptuous display at the press conference of murdered children, I have no problem calling him an *ss. For as much as some like to complain about President Trump's decorum, how many of those same people will vote for Mr. O'Rourke?...
I used Cruz's real name in response to another poster's comment in this thread.

Beto has promise. He's a bit of a renegade, goes off script a little much, could use some reining in. I don't think we've seen the last of him. He's young yet.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:46 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
To a Democrat in Texas — stubbing your toe is Governor Abbot’s fault.

She failed to mention that this felon was an illegal alien Killer. Like I said — everything is the fault of Governor Abbot, his great sin is that he is a Republican — and that he will win against the Table Dancing Robert Francis.
I have no clue what you are talking about.

I case you forgot Beto got 48.3 against Cruz 50.9

Bilary got 43% to Trump's 52%

Biden got 46.5 against Trump's 52%

Looks to me like the Ds are 45ish to the Rs 52Ish.

IMO, if Abbott wants the Guard on the border, line them up all along it and shoot anybody crossing without papers.

But, the state has to budget 4 Billion for next years keeping the guard on the border. Looks to me like it would be cheaper to monitor who is a contractor in Texas. As long as 1/2 the construction workers i Texas are illegal the state is blowing 4 billion dollars up in smoke. Meanwhile, the roofers, and anybody building houses, etc can pay illegals under the table al day long and nobody cares.

Old 06-15-2022, 02:21 PM

1,108 posts, read 529,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I have no clue what you are talking about.

I case you forgot Beto got 48.3 against Cruz 50.9

Bilary got 43% to Trump's 52%

Biden got 46.5 against Trump's 52%

Looks to me like the Ds are 45ish to the Rs 52Ish.

IMO, if Abbott wants the Guard on the border, line them up all along it and shoot anybody crossing without papers.

But, the state has to budget 4 Billion for next years keeping the guard on the border. Looks to me like it would be cheaper to monitor who is a contractor in Texas. As long as 1/2 the construction workers i Texas are illegal the state is blowing 4 billion dollars up in smoke. Meanwhile, the roofers, and anybody building houses, etc can pay illegals under the table al day long and nobody cares.
BS where's the facts that support it! have you looked at hiring help at a home depot? none to be found and when you do its $100 plus a day min.

Old 06-15-2022, 02:29 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
It's really difficult to take them seriously when so many prominent democrats supported and donated to bail funds to release the violent rioters that were responsible for 2B in damages, thousands of injuries, and 30 deaths.
If they counted deaths like they did on January 6, where anyone in DC who died the entire week, could be counted as a victim of the riot, 100's if not thousands would be counted as being killed during BLM's Summer of Love

Old 06-15-2022, 05:07 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I used Cruz's real name in response to another poster's comment in this thread.

Beto has promise. He's a bit of a renegade, goes off script a little much, could use some reining in. I don't think we've seen the last of him. He's young yet.
I’m a HUGE fan of Robert Francis running for Governor. I was actually worried he would decide against it.
I’m sure he has a LOT of “”promise” — unfortunately he has no filter at all.

Old 06-15-2022, 05:38 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Francis wear dresses.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:24 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
BS where's the facts that support it! have you looked at hiring help at a home depot? none to be found and when you do its $100 plus a day min.
I do not hire illegals from a shopping center parking lot to work in my house.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:50 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
I don’t depend on polls. Who are they calling ?? I’ve been called once in 40 yrs. But so whose right ?? See below

A new Quinnipiac University poll shows that Gov. Greg Abbott’s 15-point lead has shrunk to 5 points over Beto O’Rourke as more Texas voters now say gun policies are a top priority.

JUNE 15, 20226 HOURS AGO

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...rourke-uvalde/

Old 06-15-2022, 11:24 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
Francis O'Rourke is the creepy 50 year old dude riding around on his skateboard. The man is like he never grew up outside of being a 13 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections