Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 11:39 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times

Advertisements

Quinnipiac, best known to me as missing Ohio by 12 points in the 2020 presidential election. It goes without saying, but the error was in favor of Biden.

This race is "tightening," all right. Just like Hillary Clinton's body is tightening. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 11:42 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,054,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Anyone that would vote for Beto is as much of an idiot as he is.
IDK if its real or not but he has posts on facebook asking for donations and the majority are from out of state

Old 06-16-2022, 12:56 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He had SUCH incredible promise, as a Kennedy Democrat, until he went far left to differentiate himself from other democrat candidates.

In his campaign against Rafael "Ted" Cruz, which he damn near won (for those who don't think that's a big deal, it is), it seemed he was on a clear trajectory upwards. Had he veered center, instead of pulling far left in his presidential primary run, I believe he likely could have been elected President instead of Biden.

I stood with a large, spontaneous crowd, in the pouring rain, on a street corner where everyone only had an hour notice by campaign email that he was swinging by, and I can say he's got charisma.

PULL TO THE CENTER, BETO!!
Wow! That's what I call devotion.

As to the name game, Rafael Edward/Ted, Robert Francis/Beto, so silly that anyone should care about a shortening of a name or a nickname. Blowing it up into an issue is just another form of distraction for the weak minded. Face it, a rose is a rose, is a rose, is a rose and that's all you need to know but I guess it's too hard for some people to look below the surface and get down to brass tacks so the crooked politians throw out these tidbits to keep those weak minds occupied and the gullible fish bite.

I don't like either one of these people and ditto for Abbott as well but then again I'm not a big fan of politicians in general (but I did stand in the rain to vote for Ronald Reagan on his 2nd run for President even though it was a no-brainer he was going to win. But I voted for him the 1st time and wanted to be able to say I voted for him the 2nd time around, so see, I got devotion too ).

Different strokes for different folks is never so clear as it is in politics. Just looking at these 2 (Abbott & Beto) I say it again, I don't like either one of them but Beto just makes my skin crawl. I swear, any observations I've ever had of him just scream doped to the gills, pill head to me. Yep, a drug test on this guy would reveal a lot I'm thinking. I could be wrong, I'm not an expert on druggies, but there's just something abut his talk, his mannerisms, just about him in general that's off. Take that little scene he pulled just lately at a press conference. He's running for governor of the state of Texas and thinks this is the way to get his point across? Seriously, who does something like that? Well, Beto does I guess.

As to Matthew McConaughey, my opinion is no, he would not win a governor's race in Texas. Again, just my humble opinion.

Old 06-16-2022, 01:23 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's best not to trust any polls, and go in and vote. Time and time again you see republicans get on average 5-7 extra percentage points, sometimes more, compared to what polls suggest. These polling agencies just aren't that accurate anymore.

Whether they actively rig the polls or not, the narrative the media spoon-feeds.. try to see outside of it, which I know most of you here already do.
I don’t trust political polls. Only certain people answer them. It’s not true, even if it is just a sample. They wrecked Hillary’s win, told everyone she was a sure shoe in -and SFL stayed home thinking it’s a done deal ✔️

Old 06-16-2022, 01:52 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times
Quote:
He had SUCH incredible promise, as a Kennedy Democrat, until he went far left to differentiate himself from other democrat candidates.

In his campaign against Rafael "Ted" Cruz, which he damn near won (for those who don't think that's a big deal, it is), it seemed he was on a clear trajectory upwards. Had he veered center, instead of pulling far left in his presidential primary run, I believe he likely could have been elected President instead of Biden.

I stood with a large, spontaneous crowd, in the pouring rain, on a street corner where everyone only had an hour notice by campaign email that he was swinging by, and I can say he's got charisma.

PULL TO THE CENTER, BETO!!

Thank you so much for the laugh, I really needed that today. First off, "Bozo" O'Rourke is the furthest thing from a Kennedy Democrat. If the Democrats from the Kennedy era were still alive (I know some are and I am sure they'd agree with me), they'd look at their party in shock and horror, and would switch to the Republican party. Beto is a fascist, and revealed his true colors with his "Hell yes we're gonna come and take your AR-15's!" LOL OK Beto, you go do that. I'd love to see your "young hip self" go up to someone's door with your cronies and take away a gun that you have zero knowledge about. And your boy Beto did go to the center earlier this year for votes. Do you not remember that interview he did on the street claiming he's pro second amendment? He was obviously lying through his teeth, and the Uvalde school shooting incident was proof of that.

Speaking of that incident, how can you even champion for a guy who's campaign team literally confessed to CBS that he showed up to that conference for cool points towards his campaign? I mean his people were literally being used as placeholders to ensure he'd have a front row seat. Not only that, but you can even hear the parents of the victims telling him to shut up and to get the hell out of there.

"Bozo" is a loser, who thinks he's got it with the younger crowds because he used skateboard and be in a punk band. He's a dumbass, and would destroy Texas if he ever won the election. Sorry to say it, but Beto was never a moderate, and he's never going to win.

Also, I'm calling BS on you "replying to someone about Ted's name." It's obvious it bothers you that he goes by Ted and not Raphael. Yet it's ok for Robert to go by Beto? Holy hypocritical comment Batman!

Quote:
I used Cruz's real name in response to another poster's comment in this thread.

Beto has promise. He's a bit of a renegade, goes off script a little much, could use some reining in. I don't think we've seen the last of him. He's young yet.

To quote Trump in a response to Hillary during their 2016 Presidential debate: "Wrooooooooooooooooong!"

Old 06-16-2022, 01:55 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I was all in when Beto ran against Cruz. But I am no longer familiar with how political campaigns are run for social media. i was not crazy about the way his campaign was run. But, IMO, Ted Cruz is a media hoar. Anybody who kisses the ring of the person who said really tacky stuff about their wife and called his father their assassin needs to get beat.

I can see how anybody living in a town where many people got shot at Walmart or in their school might have a problem with guns. But again, Beto's remarks after El Paso were stupid if he ever considered running for anything ever again.

Driving drunk while young is not unheard of, but I would not call it murder.

Abbott controls a lot of what happens in Texas that is so far behind the curtain nobody sees it. And it cost money.

Leaving the Guard on the border and 200 miles in is not doing a bit of good. It is damaging the lives of the people in the guard and their families and employers. Telling the people of Denton when they voted for no fracking in the city limits they had no say i what happened in their town is not the local control conservative I have always admired.

LOL at "hoar." And that's funny, because as far as media attention goes, I don't recall Cruz having his campaign team keep front row seats warm at a conference after a school shooting incident so he could draw attention on himself for political gain. You know the video clip I'm referring to right? The one where you can clearly hear the parents of Uvalde screaming at "Bozo" O'Rourke to shut up and to leave the building?

Also, anyone who salivates at the mouth over having dreams of murdering their neighbors by running them over with their car is a loon.

Old 06-16-2022, 05:46 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I don’t trust political polls. Only certain people answer them. It’s not true, even if it is just a sample. They wrecked Hillary’s win, told everyone she was a sure shoe in -and SFL stayed home thinking it’s a done deal ✔️
Deplorables, entitlement, overconfidence, etc…, wrecked her chances. She brought it all on her own and is still suffering the consequences.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:01 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
No one seriously believes Beto has any chance of ever holding ANY statewide office. He's an absolute clown.

Abbott will win by at minimum 10 points.... and that would be disappointing.

Old 06-17-2022, 12:10 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Deplorables, entitlement, overconfidence, etc…, wrecked her chances. She brought it all on her own and is still suffering the consequences.
Her corruption, destroying subpoenaed evidence, and sense of entitlement likely helped defeat her as well.

Old 06-17-2022, 02:02 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post

Also, anyone who salivates at the mouth over having dreams of murdering their neighbors by running them over with their car is a loon.
These days, red flag law would be enabled.

What was a teenaged fantasy imo, is scary. Had my kid had such fantasy and wrote a paper about it, I’d be calling a therapist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections