Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 12:47 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,099,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsiderlookingin View Post
I don't get your post. Since when did Obama make a big stink out of this. You are talking like Hillary now you know speaking before clearly thinking about what you are saying. The blame is all on Hillary for this one. She made the statement not Barack. She felt the importance to write a note to the NY times, not Barack. She has to learn not to say everything that she is thinking. and hoping for.
Now see what the Obama people are trying to say Bill Clinton said. They can't win fair so now once again they are putting words in people's mouth. You would think they would have learned from their assasination ploy. Obama needs to just accept defeat like an adult and stop planting false stories.

Bill Clinton: 'Cover up' hiding Hillary Clinton's chances - CNN.com

Why would a former President accuse his own party of a coverup. You know it is an Obama plant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,394,462 times
This is hard for me. I don't even like Hillary but the number the media did on her on the RFK comment in nothing short of disgusting. They know damn well she wasn't implying Obama might get assassinated so she better stay in just in case and yet those slimy bastards were perfectly willing to imply that. Anyone listening to what she said knew she was talking about the fact that RFK was still around in June campaigning and she sees no reason she should leave. What a repulsive so-called "profession" journalism is. If they truly were a profession, like doctors, they could be sued for malpractice for crap like that.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:58 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,984,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
What a repulsive so-called "profession" journalism is. If they truly were a profession, like doctors, they could be sued for malpractice for crap like that.
You can sue a journalist for "malpractice." They're called slander and libel suits. And now that you've suggested it, I wish it would happen, too... talk about an interesting trial!

Last edited by normie; 05-27-2008 at 05:20 AM..

Old 05-27-2008, 05:06 AM

All the media did was report the comment.
Ask for reactions.
Report the reactions.
Sit back and look at the ratings.

Nothing illegal, plus she is a public figure.
The individual assumed it was Obama or rude to the Kennedy family to remind them of losing Robert the same week his brother was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Then it was the person who posted the response at 2:39 AM today who moved it to the top of the page for all of those in EST to see when they checked in and be reminded of it. Now I am responding and keeping it going.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:17 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,984,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
This is hard for me. I don't even like Hillary but the number the media did on her on the RFK comment in nothing short of disgusting. They know damn well she wasn't implying Obama might get assassinated so she better stay in just in case and yet those slimy bastards were perfectly willing to imply that. Anyone listening to what she said knew she was talking about the fact that RFK was still around in June campaigning and she sees no reason she should leave. What a repulsive so-called "profession" journalism is. If they truly were a profession, like doctors, they could be sued for malpractice for crap like that.
I'm just the opposite: I did like Hillary. In time I may like her again. I've studied her speeches and her strategies for years--and there is much to admire. But, IMO, this was no slip of the tongue. It was a strategy, and one I can't forgive.

But I can only speak for myself. I'm not all-knowing, like you.

Do the Clintons know about you? Because I'm thinking that with your superior knowledge you could really be useful to them. C'mon, you know how anyone listening to a speech will react. You know what every single reporter "damn well" knows. Good god, man, that's a gift! The Clintons need you.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I'm just the opposite: I did like Hillary. In time I may like her again. I've studied her speeches and her strategies for years--and there is much to admire. But, IMO, this was no slip of the tongue. It was a strategy, and one I can't forgive.

But I can only speak for myself. I'm not all-knowing, like you.

Do the Clintons know about you? Because I'm thinking that with your superior knowledge you could really be useful to them. C'mon, you know how anyone listening to a speech will react. You know what every single reporter "damn well" knows. Good god, man, that's a gift! The Clintons need you.
They already have someone just like them called Bill. The even have another called Hillary. Together they make the Clintons. Sorta like a modern day Beverly HillBillies from Arkansas to BeverlyDC.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:49 AM

289 posts, read 362,651 times
Will this continue to hurt her? Obama got 9 Super D's over the weekend. Will she leave after June 3th or will she try to take this all the way to Denver and if so why? I think she should stay in until June 3th but then I think she (if still behind in the Delegate Count) let it go.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 AM

While she may want to do the right thing for the party, can she? Is she able to give up what she assumed was hers? She already had the victory party and forgot to win first, how does she go on with her life. She never had a contingency for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections