Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 04:23 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
good grief
she was making reference to a primary going until June
get a grip
This is at least the second time she has referenced the RFK assassination when talking about why she is staying in the race. Make of that what you will but, to me, it suggests she is staying in the race thinking something might happen to Obama.

Hillary's Bizarre RFK Comment - Swampland - TIME (http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/05/hillarys_bizarre_rfk_comment.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 04:31 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Clinton cites Kennedy assassination in primaries - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Read it for yourself and decide for yourself.
A very poor choice of words, and a bad comparison for obvious reasons. I think that she is making herself look very desperate and very unaware of the obvious fact that she is not going to win this nomination. Coming up with this ridiculous comparison to assasination attempts when we are dealing with such an historical election is proof that she is going off the deep end and someone needs to put an end to it.
She needs someone to intervene, very soon. If this was a baseball game and she was the pitcher, her manager would walk up to the mound and take the ball away from her, tell her to go sit on the bench, she would throw her glove, and all the players would stay away from her for awhile so she could regain her cool, but at the end of the day, the manager is doing what's best for the team. Someone needs to take the role of manager and make her do the right thing.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:31 PM

430 posts, read 1,175,114 times
I get why she used the example of her husband if she was making the point that she says she was making but Bobby Kennedy was killed. I just think as a person who claims to be soo experienced she would know what comes out of her mouth if she is using examples to make a point. It isn't going to come off well anyway. I just don't think using a Kennedy right now as a example that was a terrible event and a loss of a loved one and that anniversary it coming up and with Ted Kennedy situation. If she had the Kennedy's on her mind I'm sure they hope her thoughts will pass before she helps them feel better anymore. I just don't think it makes sense .

Old 05-23-2008, 04:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
OKay, I get what she meant, after reading her explanation. She just meant that primaries often run into June, and gave an (ill-considered) illustration. Maybe Bobby Kennedy was the dark horse in 1968 as she thinks she herself is 2008 - ? But she just skipped a step the first go-round and I for one couldnt follow her.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:45 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,956,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
get a grip
No.
I've had it.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:53 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
I truly believe that she was suggesting that she wanted to be in the race, in case someone assassinated Obama; and by saying it, she was fingering him. I used to support her but I now loath her. I could not, would not ever ever vote for the egomanical sick-o "has been". I can't stand to look at her, or her husband. I would rather suffer thru a term of McCain, than to reward the depths to which she has sunk. I am not saying I would vote for Dr. Strangelove....but would NOT vote for Sen. "You owe it to me"...Clinton. No one owes her a thing.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:57 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Clinton cites Kennedy assassination in primaries - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Read it for yourself and decide for yourself.
I support Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton was talking about how her husband didnt win the nomination until June, when he won California. Also during that time Kennedy was assassinated, and she said the Kennedy's has been on her mind lately so she made a statement about the Kennedy's.

Woot Hillary

Old 05-23-2008, 05:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
my god, ppl on this thread are making so much about what sen clinton said. i read the yahoo story and understand completely that she was talking historically to make the point that primaries don't always end early in the primary season. rfk's 1968 primary was a famous historical one. i think that sen clinton is a history buff and knows more about US history than the average american and that's what makes this suspicious to that type of person. in addition, she's probably had about 10 hours of sleep all week. man, cut the ol girl some slack.
I agree. I watched the clip when it was played this afternoon. I don't know what the brouhaha is all about. When asked why people want her to quit, she referenced Bill's campaign and RFK. Her answer was perfectly acceptable and is being taken out of context.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:02 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Forget a connection with Obama, lets accept their was none. Was it in good taste to bring up the assasination of Robert Kennedy the same week his brother was diagnosed with a brain tumor? Especially when it was not in the context of Kennedy tragedies but in the context of her PERSONAL election?
Any thoughts?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:05 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Her reference to primaries running into June were in the time that California didnt hold its primary until May and many of the other big states held late primaries. This year with all the "front loading" makes her references absolutely non applicable.

Her referencing the Robert Kennedy assassination makes absolutely no sense and would be irrelevent...except for her clinging to that as the only way she can win. The mouth said what she has previously envisioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections