Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:13 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Watch your back Obama or "suicide" might happen to you.
OMG...I never knew all that. Is that for real?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 06:18 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,392 times
Hillary's strategy backfired on her. She was just waiting, just waiting for Obama to screw up so she can go in for the kill and take this nomination. She is the one who screwed up. Well, she blew it and blew it big. I guess we can assume she will not be considered for the VP.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:33 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
What in the world was she thinking? I wouldn't have let the word "assasination" enter my vocabulary if I were her.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:35 PM

289 posts, read 362,168 times
This is not the first time she has referred to those comments. I was applauded by her comments. She knows the Kennedy's are going through some very difficult times right now and to say what she said is very cruel. I live in Canada and that all thats been on the news up here. She is not a very well liked people in my area. I think she should bow out gracefully while she still can. They say sometimes you speak before you think. You think that she should be up on what to say since she's been doing this for such a long time. I'm not sure if she meant to say what she did. This was a very big mistake for her. Our elections here in Canada a very boring. One day of all Provinces voting then its over. I have been following the US Primaries but now I find them boring because they have gone on so long. Why do US Primaries take so long. Why not have one day elections or a weekend election.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:36 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
This is at least the second time she has referenced the RFK assassination when talking about why she is staying in the race. Make of that what you will but, to me, it suggests she is staying in the race thinking something might happen to Obama.

Hillary's Bizarre RFK Comment - Swampland - TIME (http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/05/hillarys_bizarre_rfk_comment.html - broken link)

I was going to post this link as well...

The problem I have with it is how she tried to backpeddle by saying that Ted was on her mind, and that this is the first time she mentioned it in her apology.

But she has been quoted WAY before Ted was diagnosed with his illness.

Hillary, I'm just shaking my head Whats up with that? what are we supposed to think?

Old 05-23-2008, 06:37 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
What in the world was she thinking? I wouldn't have let the word "assasination" enter my vocabulary if I were her.
That is the problem I have with it, espically with the political climate within the party right now, and the fact that Obama had to have Secret Service protection well before any of the other running mates since he was receiving a lot of death threats earlier in the campaign

Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Incredible. Hillary Clinton continues to try desperately to get sugar out of a lemon. To suggest that she stay in the race, NOT because she's the best candidate, NOT because she has proven to be the best, NOT because she holds the majority of the delegates, NOT because she holds the majority of the popular vote, NOT because she has won the most states, NOT because she is preferred by the most intelligent and most informed voters, NOT because she can inspire better than the others, NOT because she has put forth novel ideas like no other, NOT because she has experience that makes her obviously superior, NOT because she's more intelligent, NOT because she's more versatile, NOT because she has better ideas, NOT because Obama is a weaker candidate, NOT because she won Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, and any other backwards state, NOT because has faced and overcome more adversity, NOT because knowledge of her husband's time in office gave her an unmatched benefit, NOT because she won New York or California, NOT because she is preferred by the Mexicans or woman or working class whites, NOT because of Rev. Wright, NOT because Obama is black, NOT because Obama used the word "bitter", NOT because she's a fighter or the comeback kid, NOT because she has the momentum after Ohio, NOT because Obama won't debate her again, NOT because she can start from "day one, ...but because Obama might get shot like RK while campaigning. This is even MORE inappropriate now, ESPECIALLY SINCE RK's BROTHER TED KENNEDY HAS LESS THAN A YEAR TO LIVE WITH TERMINAL CANCER!

Folks, Hillary Clinton is the most pathetic, pure trash candidate of ANY office that I have EVER seen. You Hillary supporters should be ashamed of yourselves for being suckered into supporting her. Shows incredibly POOR judgment, poor judgment that SURPASSES the preference for the worst president in history, George Bush.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 05-23-2008 at 07:08 PM..

Old 05-23-2008, 07:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Folks, Hillary Clinton is the most pathetic, pure trash candidate of ANY office that I have EVER seen. You Hillary supporters should be ashamed of yourselves for being suckered into supporting her. Shows incredibly POOR judgment, poor judgment that SURPASSES the preference for the worst president in history, George Bush.
Were you a clinton supporter before Obama came along?

let me just correct this statement for you;

Quote:
for one of the best presidents in history, George Bush
All better now.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:05 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Keith Olbermann's closing monlogue tonight on this topic was truly awesome.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:24 PM

430 posts, read 1,175,039 times
I saw that as well. Lets face it most people including news people don't get her remarks as she did not need to bring in Robert Kennedy at all. When I watched the replay of what she said the tone is that I don't know why people are trying to have me get out now I find that very interesting. Again making it sound like some plot. You get out because you didn't win. I get soo tried of the Clinton's trying to blame other people or groups for whatever happens to them, look at all that happened with Bill Clinton wasn't that the Right Wing thing trying to get him. I do believe she will loose big support for this one and I don't think the story will die over the weekend and I look for more superdelegates to move this along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections