Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times

Advertisements

Perhaps some of you haven't been around politics too long. It is SOP for the candidates to report on their health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 09:52 AM

1,613 posts, read 2,646,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Perhaps some of you haven't been around politics too long. It is SOP for the candidates to report on their health.
Is that so? I didn't realize it if that is the case...thanks for the info

Old 05-24-2008, 10:45 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,544,233 times
At age 60, Hillary Clinton should have had regular pap smears, breast exams, mammograms, and colonoscopies. She should release the results of all these tests.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:25 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,100,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Was this necessary or did his campaign just do this to try to dispel the rumors that he isn't in good shape?

I don't ever remember hearing this type of thing before.
Yea, its been done before, recall other candidates/incumbents doing such. Also, I recall hearing about the NYT crying something a bit recently about their "concern" of his health. Its my understanding that McCain released these records mainly due to that flak, helped raised by the NYT's article. Yes, the health, mental and physical, of an elected official or one campaigning to be is important - but its NOT the only factor. What they stand for, their goals/agendas for the country, path forward to get to safe and prosperous and environmentally friendly place, that to me is most important.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:31 PM

31,702 posts, read 41,183,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
At age 60, Hillary Clinton should have had regular pap smears, breast exams, mammograms, and colonoscopies. She should release the results of all these tests.
We have absolutely no reason to know those results and to subject one candidate to a medical review that is different based on gender would be sexist. We don't need to know specifics only that they are healthy enough to carry the load of President. You know this posts only gives fuel to Hillary supporters who want to cry sexism. So unless this is a setup I would hope it goes away.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
We have absolutely no reason to know those results and to subject one candidate to a medical review that is different based on gender would be sexist. We don't need to know specifics only that they are healthy enough to carry the load of President. You know this posts only gives fuel to Hillary supporters who want to cry sexism. So unless this is a setup I would hope it goes away.
McCain's medical report was detailed enough. See here:John McCain 2008 - John McCain for President (http://www.johnmccain.com/mccainrecords/ - broken link) It describes, among other things, that McCain has an enlarged prostate. If you recall, the prostate gland is a male-specific organ. Was McCain being subjected to a medical review appropriate to his gender? Of course he was. But that's because he is male, and the tests for a male would have to be different than the tests for a female.

If McCain can disclose the findings of his exam, why should Hillary Clinton not do the same thing? Or for that matter Barack Obama? Your charge of sexism is phony. You are carrying the baggage of political correctness a bit too far. Nobody is subjecting Hillary Clinton to a medical review based on her gender for the purpose of discriminating against her. A medical review of Hillary Clinton would necessarily have to take her gender into account, since a female would require a different kind of testing than a male would. It is simply a fact that males and females have different anatomies. Hillary Clinton needs a pap smear while McCain needs a prostate exam. That's just the way it is.

McCain has released the result of his prostate exam. It is therefore fair to let Hillary release the result of her pap smear, breast exam, and mammogram. There's nothing sexist about that.

Last edited by ndfmnlf; 05-24-2008 at 03:00 PM..

Old 05-24-2008, 03:15 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,064,425 times
Well, where are Obama's med. records? The dude is super-skinny, arguably gaunt. Also, he has taken more days off from the campaign to rest than Hillary has! Records, please!

Old 05-24-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Well, where are Obama's med. records? The dude is super-skinny, arguably gaunt. Also, he has taken more days off from the campaign to rest than Hillary has! Records, please!

Skinny? Arguably gaunt? http://blog.lib.umn.edu/carls064/fre...Obama-Surf.jpg I don't know what your weight is, but I think a lot of Americans have gotten so fat these days that a lean person to them is now labelled "skinny" and "gaunt".

Now show us pics of McCain in a swimming trunk and Hillary in a two-piece bathing suit.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:34 PM

Here's Hillary in a bathing suit. She's definitely not...er....skinny.

http://www.wgmd.com/blog/wp-content/...2xart280_1.jpg

Old 05-24-2008, 03:37 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,626,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
He is very fral for a man his age, its from all the drugs and chain smoking he has done.

Without a suit on he looks like he is a 80 year old unhealthly man. My 80 year old grandpa looks better then him.

I dont think he is healthy enough to be President!!

Now excuses for being skinny, ohh.. He is not just skinny, he is unhealthy and is frail too.

Chain smoking and doing drugs like he has does this to you.

Where are his recent records and his complete physical exam at?

I would like to see Michelle Obamas medical and financial records too. Unless of course she has something to hide.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections