Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2022, 12:27 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times

Advertisements

Fetterman would have to REALLY screw up in order to lose this race.

I said the same thing about Terry McAuliffe during last year's gubernatorial campaign here in VA. If he had ran a better campaign and not made that infamous gaffe during one of the debates, he would be governor right now. Instead he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and took down the other Democrats on the ballot with him.

That said, I'm pretty sure Fetterman is much smarter than McAuliffe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2022, 12:43 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,204,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Fetterman would have to REALLY screw up in order to lose this race.

I said the same thing about Terry McAuliffe during last year's gubernatorial campaign here in VA. If he had ran a better campaign and not made that infamous gaffe during one of the debates, he would be governor right now. Instead he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and took down the other Democrats on the ballot with him.

That said, I'm pretty sure Fetterman is much smarter than McAuliffe.
Also regarding the Republican candidates, Youngkin in Virginia, while conservative, was a vastly better candidate than either Oz or Mastriano. He wasn't a celebrity medical quack, out of state elitist, nor an ultra right wing Christian nationalist and election denier.

In a purple state with the Democratic president having weak approvals, these races are not over and hopefully Fetterman's health issues are on the right track, and Shapiro continues to execute what looks like a very competent campaign.

Old 08-19-2022, 01:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Also regarding the Republican candidates, Youngkin in Virginia, while conservative, was a vastly better candidate than either Oz or Mastriano. He wasn't a celebrity medical quack, out of state elitist, nor an ultra right wing Christian nationalist and election denier.

In a purple state with the Democratic president having weak approvals, these races are not over and hopefully Fetterman's health issues are on the right track, and Shapiro continues to execute what looks like a very competent campaign.
I think Fetterman sick could beat Dr. Oz. Have you seen the video that became a meme with Oz? He is in a grocery store and tries to complain about produce prices and couldn't even get the name of local Pennsylvania chain right. The chain is Redners he pronounced it as Wegners, possibly combing it with Wegner's, a New Jersey chain known for higher prices. Then Fetterman dunked on Dr. Oz by using a platter rather than the individual grocery items Oz got. Oz comes off as a carpet-bagging elite.

Old 08-19-2022, 03:43 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think Fetterman sick could beat Dr. Oz. Have you seen the video that became a meme with Oz? He is in a grocery store and tries to complain about produce prices and couldn't even get the name of local Pennsylvania chain right. The chain is Redners he pronounced it as Wegners, possibly combing it with Wegner's, a New Jersey chain known for higher prices. Then Fetterman dunked on Dr. Oz by using a platter rather than the individual grocery items Oz got. Oz comes off as a carpet-bagging elite.
Hilarious how folks are criticizing Oz for his wealth, including Fetterman, when Fetterman has freeloaded off of his parents his entire life. He’s been the mayor of Braddock which has long been a dumpy area in Pittsburgh. He’s such the slob, but the free stuff folks adore him as he fits right in. I expect him to be even worse than our present live in fear, shut it down, etc…, Governor that has watched folks leave the state in droves the last 2 years.

The carpetbagger criticisms are also great. I’d wager those crying about it didn’t say a peep when poor Hillary from Arkansas ran in NY.

Old 08-19-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Hilarious how folks are criticizing Oz for his wealth, including Fetterman, when Fetterman has freeloaded off of his parents his entire life. He’s been the mayor of Braddock which has long been a dumpy area in Pittsburgh. He’s such the slob, but the free stuff folks adore him as he fits right in. I expect him to be even worse than our present live in fear, shut it down, etc…, Governor that has watched folks leave the state in droves the last 2 years.

The carpetbagger criticisms are also great. I’d wager those crying about it didn’t say a peep when poor Hillary from Arkansas ran in NY.
I couldn't vote for/against Hillary when I lived in New York. Personally I don't like carpet bagging and wish that it would be outlawed. You want to be an elected official, physically live in that state, district, county, town, city, etc.

The problem with Oz is it just shows too easily that he is a carpet bagging elite. And mind you, he lives in the state that neighbors the one he is running in. Oz who "claims" to have "went to school in Pennsylvania, met his wife and got married in Pennsylvania, and 2 of his children were born in Pennsylvania" should know about Pennsylvania. The Redner's gaffe proves he doesn't.

Old 08-19-2022, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I couldn't vote for/against Hillary when I lived in New York. Personally I don't like carpet bagging and wish that it would be outlawed. You want to be an elected official, physically live in that state, district, county, town, city, etc.

The problem with Oz is it just shows too easily that he is a carpet bagging elite. And mind you, he lives in the state that neighbors the one he is running in. Oz who "claims" to have "went to school in Pennsylvania, met his wife and got married in Pennsylvania, and 2 of his children were born in Pennsylvania" should know about Pennsylvania. The Redner's gaffe proves he doesn't.
It’s not a problem. He’s just a meanie Republican that’s very wealthy, which means nothing when it comes to having the ability to become a great politician for an area…and jealousy is such an ugly look when folks complain about other folks wealth….but I expect Fetterman to be extremely entertaining to watch as Governor. Watching him forget what he’s saying, repeat words, cry about Oz’s wealth is already entertaining, and his parents supporting him financially all his life is great stuff.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-19-2022 at 06:06 PM..

Old 08-19-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s not a problem. He’s just a meanie Republican that’s very wealthy, which means nothing when it comes to having the ability to become a great politician for an area…and jealousy is such an ugly look when folks complain about other folks wealth….but I expect Fetterman to be extremely entertaining to watch as Governor. Watching him forget what he’s saying, repeat words, cry about Oz’s wealth is already entertaining, and his parents supporting him financially all his life is great stuff.
Carpet bagging isn't a problem? I guess you would not complain if your representative doesn't live in your district then? The biggest problem with carpet bagging is politicians on a local level don't think it is a problem at all and don't do anything to change it because of the feelings of their fellow legislators.

Old 08-19-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Carpet bagging isn't a problem? I guess you would not complain if your representative doesn't live in your district then? The biggest problem with carpet bagging is politicians on a local level don't think it is a problem at all and don't do anything to change it because of the feelings of their fellow legislators.
Lol. I don’t care where anyone is from as long as they’re capable of doing the job.

Contrary to your belief, not everyone thinks like you do. Perhaps you should do something to change it since you don’t like it versus only complaining about it.

Old 08-19-2022, 08:59 PM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
The problem is OZ doesn't have the MAGA support even with Trump's endorsement. He doesn't push conspiracies, Woke, anti-transgender, and there is the abortion flip flopping. Prior to 2019 he was essentially pro choice. Here is a video of him talking about it. Most consider OZ a moderate democrat.

Old 08-19-2022, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The problem is OZ doesn't have the MAGA support even with Trump's endorsement. He doesn't push conspiracies, Woke, anti-transgender, and there is the abortion flip flopping. Prior to 2019 he was essentially pro choice. Here is a video of him talking about it. Most consider OZ a moderate democrat.

PA has become weaker, especially over the last few years. It’s amazing how folks live in such fear and begged for most of the state to be shut down. The hilarious part is folks simply went to neighboring states to make purchases, including very large purchases like vehicles, trailers, etc…, because Wolf obliged in shutting it down and caused sOOO many businesses to fail and so much lost revenue, hence it’s been one of the states folks have left the most. Then the folks that wanted it shut down have cried because it’s been so slow in coming back, especially Pittsburgh, which has turned into a Lib city, and same with Philly as it’s a cesspool. It’s no longer a purple state. Fetterman will be much the same as the current Governor, though I expect worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections