Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2022, 09:20 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Hilarious how folks are criticizing Oz for his wealth, including Fetterman, when Fetterman has freeloaded off of his parents his entire life. He’s been the mayor of Braddock which has long been a dumpy area in Pittsburgh. He’s such the slob, but the free stuff folks adore him as he fits right in. I expect him to be even worse than our present live in fear, shut it down, etc…, Governor that has watched folks leave the state in droves the last 2 years.
Quote:
It’s not a problem. He’s just a meanie Republican that’s very wealthy, which means nothing when it comes to having the ability to become a great politician for an area…and jealousy is such an ugly look when folks complain about other folks wealth….but I expect Fetterman to be extremely entertaining to watch as Governor. Watching him forget what he’s saying, repeat words, cry about Oz’s wealth is already entertaining, and his parents supporting him financially all his life is great stuff.
Quote:
PA has become weaker, especially over the last few years. It’s amazing how folks live in such fear and begged for most of the state to be shut down. The hilarious part is folks simply went to neighboring states to make purchases, including very large purchases like vehicles, trailers, etc…, because Wolf obliged in shutting it down and caused sOOO many businesses to fail and so much lost revenue, hence it’s been one of the states folks have left the most. Then the folks that wanted it shut down have cried because it’s been so slow in coming back, especially Pittsburgh, which has turned into a Lib city, and same with Philly as it’s a cesspool. It’s no longer a purple state. Fetterman will be much the same as the current Governor, though I expect worse.
I have to mention this based on your statements in three different posts - Fetterman is running for Senator, not Governor. Yes, if he wins the Senate race that could very well ensure Schumer remains Majority Leader the next couple years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2022, 09:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I have to mention this based on your statements in three different posts - Fetterman is running for Senator, not Governor. Yes, if he wins the Senate race that could very well ensure Schumer remains Majority Leader the next couple years.
Bingo. Senator is what I meant and he’ll win and I have no doubt he’ll be very entertaining to watch.

Old 08-19-2022, 10:55 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Gateway Pundit claim debunked in another thread.

Fetterman has pulled out to a double-digit lead over Oz, or nearly, depending on the poll.

Oz needs those 5 debates against Fetterman, and needs to run circles around him in those debates, or the Pennsylvanian Senate seat flips from Red to Blue in 2022
Has Fetterman even agreed to debate? I doubt he will given his cognitive issues. He's basically an eggplant.

Old 08-19-2022, 11:05 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Has Fetterman even agreed to debate? I doubt he will given his cognitive issues. He's basically an eggplant.
Bingo

Old 08-20-2022, 07:51 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Fetterman is up by 10 points over Oz.

The video of Fetterman at the rally in Erie PA basically shows that you've been reduced to spreading falsehoods.

As for Fetterman agreeing to a debate with Oz, the proposal from the campaign that's severely lagging in the polls has been for 5 debates. Compare and contrast to the other Pennsylvania state-wide election. No debates have as yet been scheduled for the PA Governor race, so why does Fetterman need to immediately agree to the demands of the Oz campaign? IMO, Fetterman will debate Oz, but not 5 debates and not right away.

Point is, Oz needs the debates and needs them quite desperately, Fetterman doesn't.

Old 08-20-2022, 08:10 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Fetterman is up by 10 points over Oz.

The video of Fetterman at the rally in Erie PA basically shows that you've been reduced to spreading falsehoods.

As for Fetterman agreeing to a debate with Oz, the proposal from the campaign that's severely lagging in the polls has been for 5 debates. Compare and contrast to the other Pennsylvania state-wide election. No debates have as yet been scheduled for the PA Governor race, so why does Fetterman need to immediately agree to the demands of the Oz campaign? IMO, Fetterman will debate Oz, but not 5 debates and not right away.

Point is, Oz needs the debates and needs them quite desperately, Fetterman doesn't.
Because it fits their chosen narratives. The right only like debates when they feel they can win. They hope Fetterman has issues with talking or handling the stress of a debate. That said if Dr. Oz has gotcha moments like the Wegners crudite video in the debate, the right will claim they don't need debates. Why is anyone shocked by this?

Old 08-20-2022, 11:04 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:

What senate election has 5 debates ?

sounds like to me he is looking for away to attack him and it just aint going to work.

Old 08-20-2022, 01:08 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What senate election has 5 debates ?

sounds like to me he is looking for away to attack him and it just aint going to work.
Fetterman is apparently debate adverse skipping his own party's primary debate

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/el...-20220403.html

Old 08-20-2022, 01:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Fetterman is apparently debate adverse skipping his own party's primary debate

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/el...-20220403.html
Naw, he had a 30 point lead. I would have voted for Lamb, but strategy wise, which give yourself an opportunity to slip up when your lead is that big.

Old 08-20-2022, 04:01 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,324,092 times
People are mocking Oz themselves. Saw a photo shopped pix on Net of Marie Antoinette with Oz face. Caption said let them eat crudite. Poster's screen name was Mary Trump. Couldn't stop laughing about both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections