Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2022, 01:23 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
PA has turned blue. It doesn’t matter who the candidate is, Dems are pulling the D lever, even for a freeloader that defends and enables criminals, but that’s what PA has trended to. Folks have embraced shutting it down and living in fear the last few years, though it’s caused folks to leave the state in droves.
Look, I get that you're trying to control the narrative, by attempting to tar John Fetterman as a guy who lives in his parent's basement and "free-loads" off of them, when the truth is that Fetterman has a BS in finance from Albright College, an MBA from UConn, and a Master's Degree from Harvard. Fetterman could have gone into his father's successful business but instead decided on a career in public service. So what if Fetterman's family can support him in this endeavor?

The reality is that Donald Trump, by picking an out-of-touch talk-show doctor carpet-bagger from New Jersey who is famous for pushing "health supplements" to be the Republican candidate for US Senator, probably lost an all-but-guaranteed Senate seat for the Republicans.

Even Trump is saying that Oz is failing. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2022, 04:02 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Look, I get that you're trying to control the narrative, by attempting to tar John Fetterman as a guy who lives in his parent's basement and "free-loads" off of them, when the truth is that Fetterman has a BS in finance from Albright College, an MBA from UConn, and a Master's Degree from Harvard. Fetterman could have gone into his father's successful business but instead decided on a career in public service. So what if Fetterman's family can support him in this endeavor?

The reality is that Donald Trump, by picking an out-of-touch talk-show doctor carpet-bagger from New Jersey who is famous for pushing "health supplements" to be the Republican candidate for US Senator, probably lost an all-but-guaranteed Senate seat for the Republicans.

Even Trump is saying that Oz is failing. Deal with it.
Except it’s not a narrative, it’s the facts. He’s freeloaded off mommy and daddy all his life and is the mayor of a very dumpy town around Pittsburgh.

Because he’s done all but nothing on his own, but Dems are going to pull the D lever for him, and as I’ve said, I expect it to be very entertaining, as we here around Pittsburgh know him very well. He’s a slob that the live in fear, shut it down, free stuff folks, and enablers of defending criminals love.

Lol at carpetbagger. I’d wager there was no whining when poor Hillary from Arkansas ran in NY. You conveniently left out that Oz is a very well renowned surgeon.

Nah, folks are leaving the state in droves due to the antics of our Governor over the last few years. PA is no longer purple and that supposed all-but-guaranteed seat isn’t reality.

Old 08-21-2022, 04:44 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Except it’s not a narrative, it’s the facts. He’s freeloaded off mommy and daddy all his life and is the mayor of a very dumpy town around Pittsburgh.
During John F Kennedy's first campaign, he was outside of a factory in Boston, greeting the workers leaving after their shift. One of those "get out and meet the voters" events. One worker refused to shake Kennedy's hand, saying that Kennedy hadn't done an honest day's work in his life. The next worker in line vigorously shook Kennedy's hand, telling him that he (the worker) had been doing an honest day's work his entire life, and that Kenney wasn't missing a thing.

Keep pushing your narrative about free-loading - it's family money and they get to decide how to spend it.

As for being mayor of a small, dumpy town - so what? He's also the current Lieutenant Governor and has more connections to Pennsylvania (political and cultural) than some surgeon from Jersey, picked by Trump because that surgeon had a TV show.

Quote:
Because he’s done all but nothing on his own, but Dems are going to pull the D lever for him, and as I’ve said, I expect it to be very entertaining, as we here around Pittsburgh know him very well. He’s a slob that the live in fear, shut it down, free stuff folks, and enablers of defending criminals love.
I'm certain that's what you need to believe. The rest of us, not so much. But then, I don't get a vote in Pennsylvania. I'll just have to keep grinning at the fact that this "slob" with several postgraduate degrees and actual experience in government is probably headed to the US Senate.

Quote:
Lol at carpetbagger. I’d wager there was no whining when poor Hillary from Arkansas ran in NY.
Perhaps that's because she's not face-planting like the New Jersey carpet-bagger.

Quote:
You conveniently left out that Oz is a very well renowned surgeon.
Yes, he's a cardiothoracic surgeon, and from all accounts was quite successful at that. But he's not known for that. He's known for being on TV pushing "health supplements". He's also doing a really crappy job connecting with a majority of Pennsylvania voters. I'm certain that he's going to pick up a large number of votes from the Republican core and from those independents who lean far to the right. But it's looking like he's on the path to electoral defeat, per one Donald Trump.

Quote:
Nah, folks are leaving the state in droves due to the antics of our Governor over the last few years. PA is no longer purple and that supposed all-but-guaranteed seat isn’t reality.
So much to unpack there.

I highly doubt Joe Pennsylvanian suddenly said to his wife, "Hey, let's just pack up and leave, the Governor sucks!" It's more likely that Joe and Mrs. Joe retired and moved to either Florida, Arizona, or some other warmer clime, or that Joe and family picked up and moved to a growing job hub in North Carolina or Texas. Seeing as Pennsylvania actually grew in population over the last decade, you might want to reconsider your claim of people leaving in droves.

The only way Pennsylvania isn't purple anymore is if the Pennsylvania US House delegation goes mostly Democratic in the 2022 elections. From the looks of it, the delegation was split evenly between D's and R's in the 2020 election, and redistricting left 10 R+ districts, 7 D+ districts, and two tossups for the 2022 election.

One more time - Donald Trump endorsing a TV celebrity as his choice for Senate candidate from PA was probably a bad mistake. The alternative, David McCormick, probably could have gone toe-to-toe with John Fetterman. Dr. Oz is probably going down. I'd guess it won't be 55-45, probably closer than that, but Oz still loses.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:04 PM

Quote:
During John F Kennedy's first campaign, he was outside of a factory in Boston, greeting the workers leaving after their shift. One of those "get out and meet the voters" events. One worker refused to shake Kennedy's hand, saying that Kennedy hadn't done an honest day's work in his life. The next worker in line vigorously shook Kennedy's hand, telling him that he (the worker) had been doing an honest day's work his entire life, and that Kenney wasn't missing a thing.

Keep pushing your narrative about free-loading - it's family money and they get to decide how to spend it.

As for being mayor of a small, dumpy town - so what? He's also the current Lieutenant Governor and has more connections to Pennsylvania (political and cultural) than some surgeon from Jersey, picked by Trump because that surgeon had a TV show.

I'm certain that's what you need to believe. The rest of us, not so much. But then, I don't get a vote in Pennsylvania. I'll just have to keep grinning at the fact that this "slob" with several postgraduate degrees and actual experience in government is probably headed to the US Senate.

Perhaps that's because she's not face-planting like the New Jersey carpet-bagger.

Yes, he's a cardiothoracic surgeon, and from all accounts was quite successful at that. But he's not known for that. He's known for being on TV pushing "health supplements". He's also doing a really crappy job connecting with a majority of Pennsylvania voters. I'm certain that he's going to pick up a large number of votes from the Republican core and from those independents who lean far to the right. But it's looking like he's on the path to electoral defeat, per one Donald Trump.

So much to unpack there.

I highly doubt Joe Pennsylvanian suddenly said to his wife, "Hey, let's just pack up and leave, the Governor sucks!" It's more likely that Joe and Mrs. Joe retired and moved to either Florida, Arizona, or some other warmer clime, or that Joe and family picked up and moved to a growing job hub in North Carolina or Texas. Seeing as Pennsylvania actually grew in population over the last decade, you might want to reconsider your claim of people leaving in droves.

The only way Pennsylvania isn't purple anymore is if the Pennsylvania US House delegation goes mostly Democratic in the 2022 elections. From the looks of it, the delegation was split evenly between D's and R's in the 2020 election, and redistricting left 10 R+ districts, 7 D+ districts, and two tossups for the 2022 election.

One more time - Donald Trump endorsing a TV celebrity as his choice for Senate candidate from PA was probably a bad mistake. The alternative, David McCormick, probably could have gone toe-to-toe with John Fetterman. Dr. Oz is probably going down. I'd guess it won't be 55-45, probably closer than that, but Oz still loses.
Quite the strawman argument to Kennedy to try to defend Freeloader Fetterman…and it’s a dumpy town because he’s a dumpy mayor of it…and let’s not forget how he promotes defending and enabling the poor entitled criminals, but I know I know, Libs love that.

Except Oz wasn’t picked by because Trump, he simply ended up endorsing him.

Oz has no chance of winning. PA is now a Dem state that’s going to pull the D lever no matter who the Dem candidate is, but the cries of carpetbagger are great stuff, and means nothing in regards to Oz not being able to be a great politician. We already know what Fetterman is.

Much has changed since 2020, and you obviously know little about Pennsylvania…and as far as the last decade goes versus the last 2 years, you obviously haven’t been paying attention, but sounds like you’d fit right in, lol. https://www.axios.com/local/philadel...migration-loss

Old 08-21-2022, 05:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
You know it is sad that the right tries calling Fetterman a freeloader and try to put up an elite who owns 10 houses, none of which are in PA. He used his family's home and registered to vote there in 2020. Dr. Oz is a carpet bagger and a horrible candidate who produces gaffe after gaffe.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You know it is sad that the right tries calling Fetterman a freeloader and try to put up an elite who owns 10 houses, none of which are in PA. He used his family's home and registered to vote there in 2020. Dr. Oz is a carpet bagger and a horrible candidate who produces gaffe after gaffe.
Except Oz made it on his own, and it’s hilarious how folks, including Fetterman cry about his wealth, when he earned it, and they think it has anything to do with not being able to be a great politician. Jealousy certainly doesn’t look good, but I know, Oz is also a meanie Republican.

Old 08-21-2022, 07:41 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
The chain is Redners he pronounced it as Wegners, possibly combing it with Wegner's, a New Jersey chain known for higher prices.
Just FYI, the other chain is Wegman's, which is headquartered in Rochester, N.Y.

Quote:
I couldn't vote for/against Hillary when I lived in New York. Personally I don't like carpet bagging and wish that it would be outlawed.
I don't disagree - maybe there should be some minimum residency requirement, like 2 or 3 years. People do move around these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I have to mention this based on your statements in three different posts - Fetterman is running for Senator, not Governor.
Ha! Nice catch. A PA resident who doesn't know who's running for what, yet waxes on and on about it? Priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
An eggplant that is winning in the polls by 18% points
Better an eggplant than a self-important snake oil salesman. At least eggplants are healthy.

Quote:
Yep. Dr. Oz is the worst of the Trump nomination picks for the Senators like Hershall Walker.
Oz and Herschel Walker are running on name recognition and nothing more. There's no substance there, in either of them.

Quote:
Nevermind that Pennsylvania is full of "small, dumpy towns". No doubt people in those towns, some of which struggle more than others, can relate to Fetterman more than to Oz.

Old 08-21-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Just FYI, the other chain is Wegman's, which is headquartered in Rochester, N.Y.

I don't disagree - maybe there should be some minimum residency requirement, like 2 or 3 years. People do move around these days.

Ha! Nice catch. A PA resident who doesn't know who's running for what, yet waxes on and on about it? Priceless.

Better an eggplant than a self-important snake oil salesman. At least eggplants are healthy.

Oz and Herschel Walker are running on name recognition and nothing more. There's no substance there, in either of them.

Nevermind that Pennsylvania is full of "small, dumpy towns". No doubt people in those towns, some of which struggle more than others, can relate to Fetterman more than to Oz.
Gasp, he said the wrong name, lol.

What’s good for one is good for another, and Hillary did the same thing.

Gasp at misspeaking Governor instead of Senator. We here in Freeloading Fettermans backyard know all about him.

Actually, Oz is a renowned surgeon. Funny how folks don’t mention that.

Fetterman is known for dressing like a slob, being a freeloader, and defending and enabling criminals. He’s a perfect Dem fit.

Except it’s a small dumpy town because Fetterman is a dumpy mayor, and those with low standards certainly accept that…and it’s funny how folks insist Oz’s wealth would somehow keep him from being a great politician. He’s simply hated by such folks because he’s a meanie Republican.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:44 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Has Fetterman even agreed to debate? I doubt he will given his cognitive issues. He's basically an eggplant.
Yes. You can say that about everybody who holds an Ivy League degree.

Old 08-22-2022, 03:28 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:

Lol at carpetbagger. I’d wager there was no whining when poor Hillary from Arkansas ran in NY. You conveniently left out that Oz is a very well renowned surgeon.

If Fetterman is a freeloader who lived on daddy’s money, where does that leave Trump? Fetterman is going to make a fine Senator. I doubt seriously he’ll end up a laughingstock like Santorum.

Pennsylvania is going to be in the best shape politically next year that it’s been in in almost 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections