Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2022, 07:22 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
There is a double standard on carpet bagging, much like many issues.
You've noticed that, too, have you?

Regardless, Hillary Clinton and what she did or didn't do is irrelevant to this discussion. We Pennsylvania voters were not eligible to vote on her bid to represent New York in the US Senate.

Quote:
Dr. Oz's problem is that he comes as out of touch to Fetterman who is actually get this, liked in PA..
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
May their great good fortune continue and be multiplied through the ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 07:49 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Dr. Oz's problem is that he comes as out of touch to Fetterman who is actually get this, liked in PA. Clinton won against a Long Island based Republican House Representative, Rich Lazio. That was the House seat that Peter King held until the 2021 Congressional term. Clinton beat Lazio 55-43. Then again, back then, there was not the far right's attack on the Clintons...
I would argue that Clinton's carpetbagging did impact the New York Senate race in 2000, since she won by a far smaller margin than Gore defeated Bush in the state that year (60-35). But in a solidly blue state, she was still able to win easily.

Pennsylvania being a purple state means that the perception of candidate quality can make the difference between winning and losing. Fetterman has already run on a winning statewide ticket, while Oz appears to have no more than a superficial connection with the state he wants to represent in the Senate. Just because Trump narrowly won the state in 2016 doesn't mean his endorsements will work out - especially since some of his PA supporters have moved to The Villages or Myrtle Beach where they can have more distance from the "libs".

Last edited by jas75; 08-24-2022 at 08:02 AM..

Old 08-24-2022, 08:05 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
If the Dems hold the line and pick up PA and possibly WI they won't need to cave to Manchin or Sinema anymore.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:22 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except I never said Oz wasn’t a carpetbagger. I simply once again proved the hypocrisy.

We’re simply not crying about how much money one has like folks are with Oz.
I have yet to hear anyone crying about how much money Oz has. Pointing out that he owned 10 homes when he said he only had 2 isn`t crying about his money. It`s crying because he`s lying. Let him run for office in one of his home states or Turkey, not this one.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:07 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You've noticed that, too, have you?

Regardless, Hillary Clinton and what she did or didn't do is irrelevant to this discussion. We Pennsylvania voters were not eligible to vote on her bid to represent New York in the US Senate.

Exactly.

It’s certainly relevant. Many simply don’t want to admit the hypocrisy…and the only thing Dems have to cry about Oz is that he’s a carpetbagger like Hillary…though many are quite jealous of of his wealth and complain about that too, while defending a wealthy freeloader that’s lived off his parents most all his life.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I have yet to hear anyone crying about how much money Oz has. Pointing out that he owned 10 homes when he said he only had 2 isn`t crying about his money. It`s crying because he`s lying. Let him run for office in one of his home states or Turkey, not this one.
That’s because it doesn’t fit your narrative because Oz is a meanie Republican. It’s been said, and many times here that Oz is an elite and can’t relate to working class folks, which is as hilarious as it is ridiculous as Fetterman is also wealthy, but he proves free stuff, defending and enabling criminals, etc…, which Dems promote greatly…and has done very little politically other than being a dumpy mayor of a dumpy town.

Lol at how many houses he has. The jealousy is such a terrible look, but we’ve seen it the last 6 years with because Trump.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:36 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
The problem with OZ is he's out of touch with the people of PA. That dumb grocery store Ad he made prob set him up for failure.

Fetterman seems likable and connects with Blue collar workers and the average voter. I have no doubt he will win the PA senate race.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The problem with OZ is he's out of touch with the people of PA. That dumb grocery store Ad he made prob set him up for failure.

Fetterman seems likable and connects with Blue collar workers and the average voter. I have no doubt he will win the PA senate race.
Quite the assumption, and it’s hilarious when a grocery store ad is complained about. Gasp at calling it crudite.

Proof to him being out of touch with the people of PA?

Fetterman is a clown as we’ve watched him in the dumpy town of Braddock that he’s been mayor of. He’s does dress like a slob, he’s freeloaded off his parents most all his life, defends and enables criminals, etc…, which Dems are fans up, but why does a wealthy guy like that seem to connect with blue collar workers, and please be specific?

Old 08-24-2022, 10:26 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Found out that Dr. Mehmet Oz holds dual citizenships, United States and Turkey.

I don't have any issue with that, kudos to him for that interesting fact!

What I do have an issue with is that I read somewhere that Dr. Oz has stated that he'll renounce his Turkish citizenship if he's elected the US Senator from Pennsylvania.

Why wait? Why doesn't Dr. Oz renounce his foreign citizenship beforehand?

Old 08-24-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Found out that Dr. Mehmet Oz holds dual citizenships, United States and Turkey.

I don't have any issue with that, kudos to him for that interesting fact!

What I do have an issue with is that I read somewhere that Dr. Oz has stated that he'll renounce his Turkish citizenship if he's elected the US Senator from Pennsylvania.

Why wait? Why doesn't Dr. Oz renounce his foreign citizenship beforehand?
What does it matter if he waits or not?

So much attention paid to a man with zero proof that he can’t be great PA Senate, other than crudite, supposedly elite and wealthy, and the carpetbagger excuse holds no proof to it, either, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections