Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2022, 10:32 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
What does it matter if he waits or not?
Why is he offering to do so, but only if he wins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 10:34 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Why is he offering to do so, but only if he wins?
Did you ask him versus assuming it makes a difference?

The pettiness trying to downplay Oz is great stuff. Still haven’t seen proof that he can’t be a great PA senator?

Old 08-24-2022, 10:44 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Did you ask him versus assuming it makes a difference?
Do you think that I have a direct line to the guy? Or is this your way to deflect from the question that I posed?

Quote:
The pettiness trying to downplay Oz is great stuff. Still haven’t seen proof that he can’t be a great PA senator?
Are you stipulating that he'll be a great US senator because no one can prove (to your satisfaction) that he wouldn't be?

I now see that Donald Trump is going to hold a rally on September 3rd in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. Looks like Dr. Oz needs former President Trump to pull up Oz's poll numbers.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Do you think that I have a direct line to the guy? Or is this your way to deflect from the question that I posed?

Are you stipulating that he'll be a great US senator because no one can prove (to your satisfaction) that he wouldn't be?

I now see that Donald Trump is going to hold a rally on September 3rd in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. Looks like Dr. Oz needs former President Trump to pull up Oz's poll numbers.
Does he have a social media account where you could get an answer. Have you tried?

I’m not stipulating any such thing. I’m saying other than crying about crudite, his wealth, and not being from PA in no way says he can’t be a great PA Senator, unless you have proof otherwise?

Not so uncommon for former POTUS to do such a thing, but muh because Trump, lol.

Old 08-24-2022, 11:00 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
erieguy, Hillary is from Illinois. Bill is from Arkansas. Carpetbagger to run for NY Senator? It has been decades since she was Senator. They still live in Westchester. Maybe they like it better than Arkansas? Think Oz will stay in PA?
Doubtful...just like Carpetbagger JD Vance most likely won't stay in Ohio after Tim Ryan beats him

Old 08-24-2022, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Doubtful...just like Carpetbagger JD Vance most likely won't stay in Ohio after Tim Ryan beats him
Quite the assumption. I wouldn’t wager on Ryan winning, or are you?

Old 08-24-2022, 11:09 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
While looking for some Oz v Fetterman articles I noticed the Philadelphia paper seems to favor Fetterman from headlines alone. The Pittsburgh paper seems a little more straight forward although overall I'm sure the media wants Fetterman and it will reflect in their product.

Of course the media cheer leads the Dem candidate and character assassinates the repub one, this is not new.

Old 08-24-2022, 11:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Which has nothing to do with being a great politician. Folks are crying about Oz while defending poor Hillary because he’s a wealthy Republican.

Many folks relate to shutting it down, free stuff, seeing him dress like a slob, etc… He’s also a freeloader that’s accomplished most nothing, but PA is a blue state now and they’re pulling the D lever for such the clown.
If you remember I said all carpet bagging was bad. I never voted Hillary until 2016 and that was a protest vote against Trump.

Old 08-24-2022, 11:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Just a bit of a correction. Peter King was already in Congress when Lazio was in office. After Lazio left the House to run for Senate in 2000, the seat was won by Democrat Steve Israel
True, I was more condensing it. King and Israel did switch districts in 2010.

Old 08-24-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If you remember I said all carpet bagging was bad. I never voted Hillary until 2016 and that was a protest vote against Trump.
And has nothing to do with Oz not being capable of being a great PA Senator, and you’re voting D no matter who the candidate is, especially against meanie Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections