Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2022, 01:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
And has nothing to do with Oz not being capable of being a great PA Senator, and you’re voting D no matter who the candidate is, especially against meanie Trump.
Carpet bagging does especially when it comes off that you know nothing about the state like Dr. Oz did in his grocery shopping video. Why is it ok to call out Hillary Clinton for doing it, when it isn't for Dr. Oz? You brought up Hillary the instant I said Oz was and then when I said I thought the idea of it period was bad, you deflected criticism to Oz being self-made while Fetterman was inheritance gifted. What is it only OK to you for Republicans to carpet bag?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 02:27 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Carpet bagging does especially when it comes off that you know nothing about the state like Dr. Oz did in his grocery shopping video. Why is it ok to call out Hillary Clinton for doing it, when it isn't for Dr. Oz? You brought up Hillary the instant I said Oz was and then when I said I thought the idea of it period was bad, you deflected criticism to Oz being self-made while Fetterman was inheritance gifted. What is it only OK to you for Republicans to carpet bag?
Using the grocery store video to try to make it like he couldn’t be a great Senator is possibly the weakest argument ever used.

I didn’t call out Cheney for it. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of crying about Oz when poor Hillary did the same thing, but it’s hilarious how you say you’re so against it but voted for her in 2016, proving hypocrisy and you’re voting D no matter who the candidate is.

It’s not deflection. Folks crying about Oz’s wealth and calling him elite is hilarious as Fetterman is also wealthy, yet has done all but nothing while his parents have supported him most all of his life.

I don’t care who carpetbags. It has zero to do with not being able to do a great job. I’ve said this before but it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Old 08-24-2022, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Using the grocery store video to try to make it like he couldn’t be a great Senator is possibly the weakest argument ever used.

I didn’t call out Cheney for it. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of crying about Oz when poor Hillary did the same thing, but it’s hilarious how you say you’re so against it but voted for her in 2016, proving hypocrisy and you’re voting D no matter who the candidate is.

It’s not deflection. Folks crying about Oz’s wealth and calling him elite is hilarious as Fetterman is also wealthy, yet has done all but nothing while his parents have supported him most all of his life.

I don’t care who carpetbags. It has zero to do with not being able to do a great job. I’ve said this before but it doesn’t fit your narrative.
I voted for Hillary for PRESIDENT, not SENATOR. I wasn't old enough to vote in 2000 and I was not registered to vote until I moved to Arizona, so I didn't vote for or against her in 2006. I may have voted against her, I honestly don't know. I didn't like her in 2008. That said compared to Trump, I'd even vote Satan over that traitor. How can a presidential candidate be a carpet bagger? A Representative, Governor, Senator, Assembly Member, etc. could all be a carpet bagger if they do not live in the city/township/county/district/state they are running in. Presidentially you cannot, so you are wrong.

As for the grocery video, it shows he is an outsider and doesn't particularly care to know Pennsylvania. That is the issue. Why vote for someone that doesn't know the state? You'd be voting for someone to represent your state but have no idea of your states DNA and issues are important to it. Instead you worry more about political points and your team. I think more people know of the crudite video from the memes of it than Dr. Oz's intent to tie to "Biden inflation" that should tell you something right there.

Old 08-24-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I voted for Hillary for PRESIDENT, not SENATOR. I wasn't old enough to vote in 2000 and I was not registered to vote until I moved to Arizona, so I didn't vote for or against her in 2006. I may have voted against her, I honestly don't know. I didn't like her in 2008. That said compared to Trump, I'd even vote Satan over that traitor. How can a presidential candidate be a carpet bagger? A Representative, Governor, Senator, Assembly Member, etc. could all be a carpet bagger if they do not live in the city/township/county/district/state they are running in. Presidentially you cannot, so you are wrong.

As for the grocery video, it shows he is an outsider and doesn't particularly care to know Pennsylvania. That is the issue. Why vote for someone that doesn't know the state? You'd be voting for someone to represent your state but have no idea of your states DNA and issues are important to it. Instead you worry more about political points and your team. I think more people know of the crudite video from the memes of it than Dr. Oz's intent to tie to "Biden inflation" that should tell you something right there.
Yet she was still a carpetbagger at one time that you claim to hate, and it’s funny how you thought so much of her to vote for her. You obviously thought she was very capable of her job, just like carpetbagger Oz could be.

Quite the assumption that he doesn’t particularly care to know Pennsylvania. He would be coming from one Dem state to another. You’re simply making unfounded accusations and assumptions because he’s a meanie Republican and no way you’d ever vote for a Republican.

Nah, Bidenflation is all on Sleepy Joe, but keep voting for the clowns that enable it. Can’t wait to see what’s next after student loan forgiveness, lol.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Yet she was still a carpetbagger at one time that you claim to hate, and it’s funny how you thought so much of her to vote for her. You obviously thought she was very capable of her job, just like carpetbagger Oz could be.

Quite the assumption that he doesn’t particularly care to know Pennsylvania. He would be coming from one Dem state to another. You’re simply making unfounded accusations and assumptions because he’s a meanie Republican and no way you’d ever vote for a Republican.

Nah, Bidenflation is all on Sleepy Joe, but keep voting for the clowns that enable it. Can’t wait to see what’s next after student loan forgiveness, lol.
I didn't like Trump and considered voting Gary Johnson but the FairTax was part of his platform and I realized as much as I disliked Hillary, she was my only option. I couldn't afford to "stay at home". I could only fear how bad Trump actually was and how he has destroyed this country

Old 08-24-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I didn't like Trump and considered voting Gary Johnson but the FairTax was part of his platform and I realized as much as I disliked Hillary, she was my only option. I couldn't afford to "stay at home". I could only fear how bad Trump actually was and how he has destroyed this country
In other words you voted for a once carpetbagger that you say you hate, and pulled the D lever no matter what.

Except no Afghan debacle, no skyrocketing bidenflation, no border crisis, etc…, and no war under because Trump. It’s hilarious how seeing what’s happened in the last 17 months that folks vote Dem no matter what and complain about because Trump when we didn’t have such countless debacles…but at least there’s no mean tweets.

Old 08-24-2022, 11:14 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
In other words you voted for a once carpetbagger that you say you hate, and pulled the D lever no matter what.

Except no Afghan debacle, no skyrocketing bidenflation, no border crisis, etc…, and no war under because Trump. It’s hilarious how seeing what’s happened in the last 17 months that folks vote Dem no matter what and complain about because Trump when we didn’t have such countless debacles…but at least there’s no mean tweets.
Trump was the one who released thousands of Taliban who went directly into combat. He even issued orders to bring the Troops home but rescinded the order after being talked out of it.

Inflation that followed the pandemic would have happened anyway. Most of the direct payments, extra unemployment programs were all done under Trump. Biden only continued some of those programs into 2021. Supply chain shortages caused spikes in prices plus everyone who held back on spending though 2020 started to buy lot of things in 2021 supply and demand.

The truth is Biden really hasn't done much of anything passed some bills the infrastructure bill which Republicans supported. The most recent spending bills signed don't even go into effect until years down the road. Would Putin have invaded Ukraine if Trump was President I think so because Trump actually increased weapons to Ukraine such as the Javelin missile. This aid to Ukraine was allowing the Government forces to win in the border towns with Russia.

Old 08-24-2022, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trump was the one who released thousands of Taliban who went directly into combat. He even issued orders to bring the Troops home but rescinded the order after being talked out of it.

Inflation that followed the pandemic would have happened anyway. Most of the direct payments, extra unemployment programs were all done under Trump. Biden only continued some of those programs into 2021. Supply chain shortages caused spikes in prices plus everyone who held back on spending though 2020 started to buy lot of things in 2021 supply and demand.

The truth is Biden really hasn't done much of anything passed some bills the infrastructure bill which Republicans supported. The most recent spending bills signed don't even go into effect until years down the road. Would Putin have invaded Ukraine if Trump was President I think so because Trump actually increased weapons to Ukraine such as the Javelin missile. This aid to Ukraine was allowing the Government forces to win in the border towns with Russia.
Nope, Sleepy Joe, who was in charge, pulled out and left them.

Lol. Because Trump didn’t bribe folks with a stimmy right before the election, he didn’t extend the free stuff, adding to what folks were already getting, let them live rent free, and then tried to extend it again but was kyboshed on it, as sOOO many jobs were available, but wanted to continue to pay folks to sit on the couch, so no, it wasn’t going to happen anyway. There also wasn’t war under because Trump, however, Sleepy Joe couldn’t keep the peace with foreign leaders like because Trump, and Putin attacked for the second time with Sleepy Joe in office, hence huge amounts of money being sent out of the country.

And let’s not forget the war on fossil fuels. One of the funniest things Sleepy Joe did was buy oil from Putin, which helped Putin fund his war against the Ukraine. The consequences and debacles he’s caused shows what a dullard Sleepy Joe truly is.

The truth is Sleepy Joe has been handing out huge amounts of money and is now relieving student loan debt, and there’s no telling what’s next. He’s to thank for skyrocketing inflation that hasn’t been seen in 40 years and sOOO many other debacles…but hey, no mean tweets, lol.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:55 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,324,092 times
My daughter and her family came to visit from NY. She started talking about Oz. You've heard about him? Oh, yeah he is the joke going around at work.

Where does she work? At a large NY HOSPITAL. Well, Dr. Oz, when even your professional peers are laughing at you, it is BAD.

Last edited by Jo48; 08-25-2022 at 06:04 AM..

Old 08-25-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
Exactly... plus Oz doesn't seem to know or care much about policy issues. He seems disinterested in general.
Proof to that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections