Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2022, 10:27 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You don’t have numbers to support your claims, which is why you continue to write a page of strawman arguments..but I’m still looking forward to seeing numbers and states to the core of the GOP being white nationalists as you claim?
Riiiiight.......

Keep slamming that logical fallacy....

It helps you keep denying the reality on the ground.

Dr. Oz is a prince of a guy who's offered to throw his own Alzheimer-stricken mother under the bus if he gets elected to the US Senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
You made the claim but can’t provide proof to it, but certainly have no problem with deflecting and coming up with new strawman arguments.

Just provide the numbers to support your claim?
Textbook example of changing the subject. Remember when this thread was about the Pennsylvania elections for Senator and Governor? Yet here you are, hounding me over a comment I made about how one Dr. Oz pandered to White Nationalists who are part of the core voters for the GOP.

Demanding exact numbers is your way of pushing the discussion completely off topic. It also demonstrates that you've lost the debate point - to wit: Dr. Oz threw his own mother under the bus in his attempt to pander to the White Nationalists who comprise a core part of GOP votes.

But if you really, really must have a number from me, here it is: there are approximately at least 1,000 White Nationalists in Pennsylvania who reliably vote for whatever GOP candidate is anointed by Donald Trump. That's Dr. Oz's margin of victory over the next candidate in the Pennsylvania GOP Senate primary election.

See, the thing is with me throwing out that number is that you can't prove it to be wrong. That's how playing the numbers gotcha game works.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:59 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Textbook example of moving the goal posts. Remember when this thread was about the Pennsylvania elections for Senator and Governor? Yet here you are, hounding me over a comment I made about how one Dr. Oz pandered to White Nationalists who are part of the core voters for the GOP.

Demanding exact numbers is your way of pushing the discussion completely off topic. It also demonstrates that you've lost the debate point - to wit: Dr. Oz threw his own mother under the bus in his attempt to pander to the White Nationalists who comprise a core part of GOP votes.

But if you really, really must have a number from me, here it is: there are approximately at least 1,000 White Nationalists in Pennsylvania who reliably vote for whatever GOP candidate is anointed by Donald Trump. That's Dr. Oz's margin of victory over the next candidate in the Pennsylvania GOP Senate primary election.

See, the thing is with me throwing out that number is that you can't prove it to be wrong. That's how playing the numbers gotcha game works.
Nope, you changed the subject and moved the goalposts when you made the claim, and instead of admitting you have no proof to it continue to deflect and use strawman arguments.

Simply provide proof to your claim that far right white nationalists making of a significant part of the core of the GOP with numbers and stats?

Old 08-26-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Nope, you moved the goalposts when you made the claim, and instead of admitting you have no proof to it continue to deflect and use strawman arguments.

Proof that the core of the GOP are white nationalists?
I didn't say that the core of the GOP are white nationalists - I said that Dr. Oz pandered to that part of the core of the GOP which is Nativist/White Nationalist.

How else do YOU explain Dr. Oz throwing his mother under the bus?

And I gave you a number - it appears that not only do you not like that number, you can't refute it.

Old 08-26-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I didn't say that the core of the GOP are white nationalists - I said that Dr. Oz pandered to that part of the core of the GOP which is Nativist/White Nationalist.

How else do YOU explain Dr. Oz throwing his mother under the bus?

And I gave you a number - it appears that not only do you not like that number, you can't refute it.
Quote:
Does this mean that you're perfectly fine with politicians who pander to far right White Nationalists who are now making up a significant part of the core of the GOP?
Nope, you specifically said far right white Nationalists who are now making up a significant part of the core of the GOP.

Please provide proof to your claim with numbers and stats?

Old 08-26-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Nope, you specifically said far right white Nationalists who are now making up a significant part of the core of the GOP.

Please provide proof to your claim with numbers and stats?
OK, let's review the thread...

Quote:
...Dr. Oz offered to conditionally renounce his Turkish citizenship in a move to pander to the White Nationalists in the Pennsylvania GOP.
Quote:
Lol. That complaint is right up there with crying about crudite.
Quote:
Does this mean that you're perfectly fine with politicians who pander to far right White Nationalists who are now making up a significant part of the core of the GOP?
And there it is...EG, instead of answering the question, hides behind the word "significant".

I noted that you were simply dragging the topic completely off subject, but I still gave you a number.

Quote:
Now it's on you - either answer the original question that you deflected (Are you fine with politicians who pander to White Nationalists?), or explain how "at least 1,000" is not a significant number.

Old 08-26-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
You used the word significant but have yet to prove the numbers/stats?

LMAO at least a 1000. How many Republicans are there?
As I pointed out, 1000+ was significant enough to enable Dr. Oz to claim victory. But then, you're still changing the subject, aren't you?

Exactly what is YOUR opinion of Dr. Oz throwing his own Alzheimer-stricken mother under the bus to pander to the 1,000+ Pennsylvanian GOP White Nationalists?

Eh, I expect more deflection...more SIGNIFICANT, SIGNIFICANT, SIGNIFICANT!

Look at it this way. After the election is over in November, 2022, you can throw together a tray of crudité, drive over to Dr. Oz's house in New Jersey with it, give him the tray, and cheer him up by telling him that he doesn't have to throw his mother under the bus anymore. Say hi to Mehmet for me when you see him!

Old 08-26-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
As I pointed out, 1000+ was significant enough to enable Dr. Oz to claim victory. But then, you're still changing the subject, aren't you?

Exactly what is YOUR opinion of Dr. Oz throwing his own Alzheimer-stricken mother under the bus to pander to the 1,000+ Pennsylvanian GOP White Nationalists?

Look at it this way. After the election is over in November, 2022, you can throw together a tray of crudité, drive over to Dr. Oz's house in New Jersey with it, give him the tray, and cheer him up by telling him that he doesn't have to throw his mother under the bus anymore. Say hi to Mehmet for me when you see him!
Except you said a significant amount the core of the GOP are white nationalists, in which 1000 isn’t even close to supporting that claim…and funny how you won’t answe how many Republicans there are, lol.

Lot those strawman arguments roll

Old 08-26-2022, 12:21 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
As for stats, 61% of Trump supporters believe that "a group of people in this country are trying to replace native-born Americans with immigrants and people of color who share their political views." https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/re...poll-rcna31215
They must read the New York Times or listen to NPR, then. I heard a whole hell of a lot about how the Republicans won't be able to lose elections anymore because white people are being replaced from them and other left-wing publications around the time period of 2012-2016.

Anyway, if people are nativist, then they're nativist. So what?

Old 08-26-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Except you said a significant amount the core of the GOP are white nationalists, in which 1000 isn’t even close to supporting that claim.
Yep, called it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections