Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2022, 12:31 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post

Exactly what is YOUR opinion of Dr. Oz throwing his own Alzheimer-stricken mother under the bus to pander to the 1,000+ Pennsylvanian GOP White Nationalists?
I'm not sure why you're hanging this on white nationalists. The people who I've heard criticize Oz for being an outsider (a resident of New Jersey, a Turkish citizen, etc.) have been Democrats and liberals. You've even done it here yourself. Do you have any evidence of these white nationalists you speak of saying these things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 12:45 PM

8,409 posts, read 7,404,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I'm not sure why you're hanging this on white nationalists. The people who I've heard criticize Oz for being an outsider (a resident of New Jersey, a Turkish citizen, etc.) have been Democrats and liberals. You've even done it here yourself. Do you have any evidence of these white nationalists you speak of saying these things?
Did you read the thread.

I wouldn't blame you if you hadn't.

It's been shifted into a debate over the word 'significant', from a point made about how Dr. Oz pledged during the GOP primary debates to renounce his Turkish citizenship, but only if he's elected to the US Senate, reeks of pandering to nativists/white nationalists in the Pennsylvania GOP electorate.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is pretty much over. Dr. Oz might somehow pull himself out of the hole he's dug for himself, but I doubt it. And no one has talked about the PA governor race for quite some time in this thread.

Old 08-26-2022, 12:45 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Yep, called it.
Actually, you called a significant of amount of the core of the GOP white nationalists, and you’ve yet to prove it, but 1000 out of all of the GOP is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Bingo

Last edited by erieguy; 08-26-2022 at 01:17 PM..

Old 08-26-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Actually, you called a significant of amount of the core of the GOP white nationalists, and you’ve yet to prove it, but 1000 out of all of the GOP is hilarious.
Like I said, the thread has now become about something other than the Pennsylvania governor and senate races.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Like I said, the thread has now become about something other than the Pennsylvania governor and senate races.
And you made it that way by making a false claim about the core of the GOP being white nationalists without being able to prove it, because you don’t like Oz.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:01 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Of both candidates, Mastriano is far more extreme than Oz. Putting aside Mastriano's out of mainstream social views, he has said he will appoint an AG who will overturn election results! Fraud!!!! Trump won PA!

As far as Oz goes besides the issues of carpetbagger and especially dual citizenship, I would never vote for somebody endorsed by "The Donald" as a Native New York Woman, of his generation, who actually MET Trump when we were younger.

I can agree that Trump is not prejudiced against Jews, or most likely against Blacks, or Gays, but is for Hispanics. This is my anecdotal story, erieguy, about my meeting Trump. "No Spics (derogatory word) will ever live in my buildings". He was not speaking about illegal Mexicans crossing the border, but US CITIZEN Puerto Ricans coming in a wave to NYC back then. Go rent the movie West Side Story if you want to learn about that.

Edit: Trump himself seems to be regretting endorsing Oz. Maybe he should have endorsed McCormick instead? He just went with another TV celebrity instead.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Of both candidates, Mastriano is far more extreme than Oz. Putting aside Mastriano's out of mainstream social views, he has said he will appoint an AG who will overturn election results! Fraud!!!! Trump won PA!

As far as Oz goes besides the issues of carpetbagger and especially dual citizenship, I would never vote for somebody endorsed by "The Donald" as a Native New York Woman, of his generation, who actually MET Trump when we were younger.

I can agree that Trump is not prejudiced against Jews, or most likely against Blacks, or Gays, but is for Hispanics. This is my anecdotal story, erieguy, about my meeting Trump. "No Spics (derogatory word) will ever live in my buildings". He was not speaking about illegal Mexicans crossing the border, but US CITIZEN Puerto Ricans coming in a wave to NYC back then. Go rent the movie West Side Story if you want to learn about that.
You’re pulling the D lever no matter who the candidate is, and it’s funny how you deflect to because Trump and calling him racist when Sleepy Joe has been a racist all his life…and let’s not forget the hypocrisy of you defending poor Hillary who was a carpet bagger, but complain that Oz is one.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
And you made it that way by making a false claim about the core of the GOP being white nationalists without being able to prove it, because you don’t like Oz.
What? You're not even going to use the word 'significant' anymore? You're just dragging this thread even more off topic.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
As far as Oz goes besides the issues of carpetbagger and especially dual citizenship...
I don't give a flip about the man holding dual citizenships. Having Turkish citizenship as well as US citizenship doesn't preclude him from holding the office of Senator. My issue is that Dr. Oz, during the GOP primary, promised to renounce his Turkish citizenship but only if he was elected to the US Senate. As he claimed he was holding onto the foreign citizenship supposedly for his mother, who has Alzheimer's, it seems like a move to pander to those in the GOP electorate who would have an issue with his ethnicity. Significantly.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
What? You're not even going to use the word 'significant' anymore? You're just dragging this thread even more off topic.
Lol. I’ve already addressed that 1000 is nowhere near significant compared to how many Republicans there are…and as far as the thread, you continue to comment. Don’t like it don’t comment, or simply prove your claims. So simple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections