Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2022, 05:59 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I do think it is a relevant data point.
Too bad there’s no data to support it because 1000 certainly isn’t it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2022, 06:25 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You said the core of the GOP are white nationalists. How many GOP members are there?

Nope, you did that by making a ridiculous claim about the core of the GOP, having no proof to it, and making pages of deflection and strawman arguments versus admitting you have no proof.
I said, in exactly one post, that White Nationalists make up a significant part of the core GOP. And by that, I meant people who reliably vote for Republican candidates.

I brought numbers, and polling results, and examples. You said they weren't good enough not 'precise and hard' enough.

So I asked you for your definition of a 'precise and hard' number - and you couldn't even answer that.

This thread has devolved to a game of gotcha. Erieguy is asking me to provide a number, but keeps rejecting everything that I bring, and doing so deflects from the fact that the Republican governor and US senate candidates in Pennsylvania are doing so poorly, the Erieguy can't even defend them anymore.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I said, in exactly one post, that White Nationalists make up a significant part of the core GOP. And by that, I meant people who reliably vote for Republican candidates.

I brought numbers, and polling results, and examples. You said they weren't good enough not 'precise and hard' enough.

So I asked you for your definition of a 'precise and hard' number - and you couldn't even answer that.

This thread has devolved to a game of gotcha. Erieguy is asking me to provide a number, but keeps rejecting everything that I bring, and doing so deflects from the fact that the Republican governor and US senate candidates in Pennsylvania are doing so poorly, the Erieguy can't even defend them anymore.
The number you brought is 1000. I asked you how many members of the GOP core there are and you still haven’t answered that.

There’s no game of gotcha by me. You continue to deflect from proof to your claim as 1000 certainly doesn’t represent the majority of the core of the GOP being white nationalists, unless you’ve finally found proof otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Yeah, like I already said: the people who believe this must read the New York Times and listen to NPR. I heard and read a whole lot from those news services about how Republicans would soon be finished because white people were being replaced. Here's a little tip for the future: if you don't want people to know that you think a certain thing, don't constantly talk about it publicly.
Bingo

Old 08-28-2022, 06:36 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
The number you brought is 1000. I asked you how many members of the GOP core there are and you still haven’t answered that.

There’s no game of gotcha by me. You continue to deflect from proof to your claim as 1000 certainly doesn’t represent the majority of the core of the GOP being white nationalists, unless you’ve finally found proof otherwise?
Why do you continue to lie?

The number I brought was "at least 1000", as it was roughly the number of votes by which Oz beat his second place opponent in the Republican primary election. And I said it facetiously...I thought that you would have been intelligent enough to realize that.

I then threw out examples to support my contention, but you simply kept harping on and on about needing a 'precise and hard' number. It allows you to deflect from the subject of the post, doesn't it?

This is what it looks like when Erieguy fails, he gets caught in an infinite loop.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Why do you continue to lie?

The number I brought was "at least 1000", as it was roughly the number of votes by which Oz beat his second place opponent in the Republican primary election. And I said it facetiously...I thought that you would have been intelligent enough to realize that.

I then threw out examples to support my contention, but you simply kept harping on and on about needing a 'precise and hard' number. It allows you to deflect from the subject of the post, doesn't it?

This is what it looks like when Erieguy fails, he gets caught in an infinite loop.
I’m not the one lying. You said at least 1000 and then you said 1000.

So now after so many pages of deflecting and strawman arguments you’re saying you were being facetious, lol.

Except you refuse to answer how many people represent the core of the GOP.

Hilarious accusation when you now say you were being facetious, because you know you have no proof to your claim.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:57 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
If I may:

Pennsylvania has 8,719,873 voters, of which 46.2% are Democrats, 39.2% are Republicans and 14.7% are registered independents.

Biden won with 51.3% of the vote while Trump lost by 46.9%.

If any of that helps you guys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_U...ntial_election

https://www.mcall.com/news/pennsylva...x3i-story.html

Old 08-28-2022, 10:05 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:

The only numbers necessary to reply with are Fetterman +13, Shapiro +11. That pretty much says it all.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The only numbers necessary to reply with are Fetterman +13, Shapiro +11. That pretty much says it all.
Bingo…It certainly does as I’ve said many times PA is a Dem state that relates to a freeloading slob who’s parents supported him most all his life, defends and enables criminals, supports shutting it down and living in fear, etc… Such standards are a reason folks have left in droves.

Old 08-29-2022, 03:59 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Bingo…It certainly does as I’ve said many times PA is a Dem state that relates to a freeloading slob who’s parents supported him most all his life, defends and enables criminals, supports shutting it down and living in fear, etc… Such standards are a reason folks have left in droves.
You must like it if you still live there.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You must like it if you still live there.
We only spend 5-7 months in PA these days and that’s because of friends and mostly family, depending on PA weather. We spend the rest of the time in DeSantisLand. What a refreshing state he runs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections