Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2022, 09:37 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I said, in exactly one post, that White Nationalists make up a significant part of the core GOP. And by that, I meant people who reliably vote for Republican candidates.

I brought numbers, and polling results, and examples. You said they weren't good enough not 'precise and hard' enough.

So I asked you for your definition of a 'precise and hard' number - and you couldn't even answer that.

This thread has devolved to a game of gotcha. Erieguy is asking me to provide a number, but keeps rejecting everything that I bring, and doing so deflects from the fact that the Republican governor and US senate candidates in Pennsylvania are doing so poorly, the Erieguy can't even defend them anymore.
Liberal says "White Nationalists!"

Drink!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 11:56 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,653,413 times
PA senate candidate John Fetterman caught sending his kids to $34K a year private schools while opposing school vouchers and choice. Yet supported by the teacher's union.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/fet...-prep-schools/

Also again brings up the question of him being a trust fund baby or having the ability to support himself. I guess his family is paying for his kids and their grands too.

Old 08-29-2022, 12:00 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
PA senate candidate John Fetterman caught sending his kids to $34K a year private schools while opposing school vouchers and choice. Yet supported by the teacher's union.

Also again brings up the question of him being a trust fund baby or having the ability to support himself. I guess his family is paying for his kids and their grands too.
But muh related to working class folks, lol. Such the freeloading phony.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:

OK here is the thing, he is NOT asking for the tax payers to outright pay for his children to go to their prep school. Now yes, he is getting paid by the state to be Lt. Governor and will be paid one-50th of his wages by the same state as Senator to the US Congress, but that is not much different than any other politican. Now if he did benefit from vouchers where he kept his tuition money to send his children to private school, then you have a case. The reality is, he is paying for it just as Dr. Oz did (Daphne went to Dwight-Englewood which currently sits at 52k for tuition each year.)

Old 08-30-2022, 05:45 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK here is the thing, he is NOT asking for the tax payers to outright pay for his children to go to their prep school. Now yes, he is getting paid by the state to be Lt. Governor and will be paid one-50th of his wages by the same state as Senator to the US Congress, but that is not much different than any other politican. Now if he did benefit from vouchers where he kept his tuition money to send his children to private school, then you have a case. The reality is, he is paying for it just as Dr. Oz did (Daphne went to Dwight-Englewood which currently sits at 52k for tuition each year.)
Except the school district where he’s mayor of is so lousy he sends his kids to private school. Certainly doesn’t relate to the common folks like many want to believe.

Old 08-30-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except the school district where he’s mayor of is so lousy he sends his kids to private school. Certainly doesn’t relate to the common folks like many want to believe.
Many politicans have their school-aged children go to private school and that isn't very partisan. Often it is "out of protection" especially for the school-aged Presidential children. What is the type of school whether religious or not the politiican parent sends their child to can be partisan. Nearly all (minus those in voucher states) pay out of pocket for it and do not get the kickback for it. Remember the Obama daughters did and the right attacked the Obamas over it too. Me who was not an Obama fan said the same then as I am now, it is a nothing burger. I said similar things with Baron Trump as well and Lord knows, I am NOT a Trump fan. The fact is those students were not on voucher monies, just tax payer monies for their parent's pay.

As for how good the schools are, Braddock's population is 34% under the poverty line. That means many Title I schools as created by 1765's Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Title I schools tend to have more likely lower testing grades and I say that as someone who's worked in a few. Notice the flip-flopping of those that support "school choice" here...

Old 08-30-2022, 08:13 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Why do you keep calling him the mayor of that city when he no longer is? Someone named Chardaé Jones is now.

Old 08-30-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Why do you keep calling him the mayor of that city when he no longer is? Someone named Chardaé Jones is now.
That poster is just trying to sully Fetterman because they are a known Trump troll. Anytime I post anything that poster jumps on me, even when like in the post you replied to, I replied to with the facts. I am sure that poster will reply "Oh but the liberulz should practice what they preach about school choice and keep their kids in failing public schools. Regardless of the fact in particular presdiential children and high ranking senators from both parties do that.

Old 08-30-2022, 08:42 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
PA senate candidate John Fetterman caught sending his kids to $34K a year private schools while opposing school vouchers and choice.
Seriously? You can't figure out the difference?

Quote:
Also again brings up the question of him being a trust fund baby or having the ability to support himself.
He's the lieutenant governor. Seems like he's supporting himself just fine.

Old 08-30-2022, 09:08 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
People in PA voting for Fetterman are crazy. They like Schumer/Pelosi policies, Covid lockdowns, open borders, illegal college debt forgiveness? They really would vote for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections