Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 09:41 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,653,413 times

Advertisements

I've. been wondering from the. beginning how Dr Oz was going to over come his outsider celebrity status in a state like Pennsylvania . If it wasn't for Hannity I don't think Oz would've won. Hopefully Oz plays well in the cities and densely populated suburbs. Is Fetterman the guy with the hoodie?-that could help or hurt him. The fall will not be the sweep many think even before the recent court rulings.

The entire nation needs new faces and more third parties or it's going to be the sos that will get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 01:38 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I've. been wondering from the. beginning how Dr Oz was going to over come his outsider celebrity status in a state like Pennsylvania . If it wasn't for Hannity I don't think Oz would've won. Hopefully Oz plays well in the cities and densely populated suburbs. Is Fetterman the guy with the hoodie?-that could help or hurt him. The fall will not be the sweep many think even before the recent court rulings.

The entire nation needs new faces and more third parties or it's going to be the sos that will get worse.
The house will likely end up in Republican control, democrats will maintain control of the senate, but not more then 60 thresh hold to over come the filibuster. The problem is in swing states Trump has backed candidates who are pushing election conspiracy, or they are only electable in deep red districts.

Just because the house ends up in Republicans control it won't make much of a difference then we have now. In fact that might even help Biden get reelected again in 2024 if he is going to run because Republicans in the house will now be on the hook to do things and not just obstruct.

Last edited by kell490; 07-02-2022 at 02:27 PM..

Old 07-07-2022, 06:00 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,734,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
John Fetterman leads Doctor Oz +9 if that goes democrat means another seat flipped blue.

Governor Josh Shapiro already leading in polls +4.
Good news. Hopefully we'll have a blue tsunami.

Old 07-08-2022, 12:27 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
John Fetterman leads Doctor Oz +9 if that goes democrat means another seat flipped blue.

Governor Josh Shapiro already leading in polls +4.
Fetterman is an absolutely awful person. Oz is an awful candidate. What was Trump thinking with that endorsement?

Old 07-08-2022, 01:12 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,653,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Fetterman is an absolutely awful person. Oz is an awful candidate. What was Trump thinking with that endorsement?
I think Trump was listening to Hannity in this case.

Not only was Oz a regular guest on his and Fox host shows Hannity said he had infomoration on the woman candidate saying she was a Democrat plant. Hannity treated Trump well. Trump trusts him.

If Hannity had presented evidence I would be more likely to believe it and his choice.The woman seemed like a fighter, she really wanted it. An accomplished guy like Oz goes back to his successful life if he fails. The other candidates not so much.

I get it. It's the holiday but in a week or two Oz needs to show up with guns a blazing.

I can't believe a race between a celebrity in a crucial race and state isn't drawing more attention.

Old 07-10-2022, 03:22 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
Quote:
The house will likely end up in Republican control, democrats will maintain control of the senate, but not more then 60 thresh hold to over come the filibuster. The problem is in swing states Trump has backed candidates who are pushing election conspiracy, or they are only electable in deep red districts.

Just because the house ends up in Republicans control it won't make much of a difference then we have now. In fact that might even help Biden get reelected again in 2024 if he is going to run because Republicans in the house will now be on the hook to do things and not just obstruct.

• GOP taking over the house is huge. It means they can stop the meaningless investigations, drop Adam Schiff, AOC and the squad from all committees and start some meaningful oversight
  • You seem to think that the Dems are gaining about 5-10 seats in the Senate. I would like to see how. I think the Senate is a toss-up
  • The obstruct argument never made much of a difference. What matters is the state of the country and the candidates for 2024.

If you want to hear my predictions:
  • GOP wins 40 seats in the House
  • GOP wins 2 seats in the Senate
  • Biden won't run for re-election
  • Harris will try, but won't win the primary. No clue who will.
  • Trump will run in 2024

Old 07-10-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
  • GOP taking over the house is huge. It means they can stop the meaningless investigations, drop Adam Schiff, AOC and the squad from all committees and start some meaningful oversight
  • You seem to think that the Dems are gaining about 5-10 seats in the Senate. I would like to see how. I think the Senate is a toss-up
  • The obstruct argument never made much of a difference. What matters is the state of the country and the candidates for 2024.

If you want to hear my predictions:
  • GOP wins 40 seats in the House
  • GOP wins 2 seats in the Senate
  • Biden won't run for re-election
  • Harris will try, but won't win the primary. No clue who will.
  • Trump will run in 2024
The January 6th committee will be done by the end of the year. The DC Federal, and Georgia's Fulton county grand juries are going to be issuing arrest warrants.

What seats do you expect to flip to GOP?

Old 07-11-2022, 09:43 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
Quote:
The January 6th committee will be done by the end of the year. The DC Federal, and Georgia's Fulton county grand juries are going to be issuing arrest warrants.

What seats do you expect to flip to GOP?

You really see any more arrest warrants coming out of the January 6th committee? Doubtful. If anything comes out of Georgia the Governor will immediately issue a blanket pardon realizing what a charade this all is.

Nevada, Georgia, Arizona are most likely to flip GOP

Old 07-13-2022, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
You really see any more arrest warrants coming out of the January 6th committee? Doubtful. If anything comes out of Georgia the Governor will immediately issue a blanket pardon realizing what a charade this all is.

Nevada, Georgia, Arizona are most likely to flip GOP

Not January 6th DOJ has a DC Grand Jury who issued Subpoenas regarding the fake electors scheme. The FBI has seized all electronic devices from John Eastman. Maybe you missed all that?

Unlikely AZ, or NV will flip both states have been trending blue for long time. Georgia Warnock leading Walker by 10 points now.

https://www.270towin.com/2022-senate-polls/georgia

Old 07-13-2022, 05:56 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Elections during the last several years have made it very clear that Republicans over-perform the polls.

I think this is true. Trump v Clinton is the most obvious example, but did you see how Susan Collins pulled out the dub against Sara Gideon? Collins was down big in polls. Take any poll with n=2000, margin of error +/- 3 percentage points, then automatically subtract 2 points from the dem, add 2 to the republican. If pollsters are calling it a toss-up, put your money on the republican.

That said, isn't Mastriano one of those clowns who supported throwing out all the votes in Philadelphia? Does PA really want an Eastman style dictator running the show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections