Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 10:00 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times

Advertisements

John Fetterman leads Doctor Oz +9 if that goes democrat means another seat flipped blue.

Governor Josh Shapiro already leading in polls +4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 05:16 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
And you believe these polls? I don't believe for one bit that people in PA will vote for a Biden/Schumer/Pelosi drone.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:49 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Elections during the last several years have made it very clear that Republicans over-perform the polls. Many of the diehard Trump voters who despise and distrust the political establishment don't respond to polls, but they always show up to vote. Whether or not they like the Republican nominees, voting against Democrats is a top priority.

Mastriano is a perfect candidate to gain the support of such voters, and there are a ton of those in Pennsylvania away from the big cities. Also it's likely that Oz's numbers have nowhere to go but up after the close primary, but voters who supported other Republicans will likely come around by November.

Pennsylvania is a purple state, but in a strong Republican year like 2022 it will be very difficult for Democrats to win any races outside solid blue territory. After all, they struck out in Virginia which is well to the left of Pennsylvania last year, and barely won in New Jersey.

Old 06-27-2022, 07:11 PM

1,052 posts, read 453,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
John Fetterman leads Doctor Oz +9 if that goes democrat means another seat flipped blue.

Governor Josh Shapiro already leading in polls +4.
Not so fast there, buddy. Doctor Oz is in many ways ideal for a purple state like PA - fairly moderate, not crazy, has household name recognition. He won't scare off the suburban moms. Far left Fetterman, on the other hand, is a far left ideologue certain to be aligned with the AOC/Squad wing of the party.

Add onto that the polls are, and this has been admitted by the democrat media, heavily skewed to democrats. The last 2 elections cycle have proved that. remember how Biden was supposed to win Wisconsin by 13 points?

And finally, add onto that, the political mood is decidedly against democrats.

Doug Mastriano may have a harder time, however, given his more right wing stances.

Old 06-27-2022, 07:18 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,852,224 times
Most of those polls have a number of undecided voters that is larger than the margin of the poll... And, we are four months out... The only thing going for these polls is that the candidates in the race have been decided, but that is only one factor...

Old 06-27-2022, 09:02 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Not so fast there, buddy. Doctor Oz is in many ways ideal for a purple state like PA - fairly moderate, not crazy, has household name recognition. He won't scare off the suburban moms. Far left Fetterman, on the other hand, is a far left ideologue certain to be aligned with the AOC/Squad wing of the party.

Add onto that the polls are, and this has been admitted by the democrat media, heavily skewed to democrats. The last 2 elections cycle have proved that. remember how Biden was supposed to win Wisconsin by 13 points?

And finally, add onto that, the political mood is decidedly against democrats.

Doug Mastriano may have a harder time, however, given his more right wing stances.
I don't have a problem with OZ he does dabble in pseudoscience which is odd for such a well respected cardiologist.

My problem is with Trump, and I'm only pointing out his endorsements will be a problem for statewide elections. Doug Mastriano has no chance of being Governor he is a perfect example of Trump endorsements. If they had someone else then Mastriano might have won that seat.

Trump is trying to target swing states with candidates who push election conspiracy the most he wants someone in his back pocket for 2024. I suspect if he doesn't get any of those folks elected in the swing states he will announce he isn't running.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:00 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
That is the type of state where the Roe v Wade decision means certain death for GOP. Probably went from slight D lean to out of reach for GOP despite a lot of bad vibes about Biden (inflation, COVID mandate / lockdown overkill, etc).

Old 06-28-2022, 02:18 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
I don't have a problem with OZ he does dabble in pseudoscience which is odd for such a well respected cardiologist.

My problem is with Trump, and I'm only pointing out his endorsements will be a problem for statewide elections. Doug Mastriano has no chance of being Governor he is a perfect example of Trump endorsements. If they had someone else then Mastriano might have won that seat.

Trump is trying to target swing states with candidates who push election conspiracy the most he wants someone in his back pocket for 2024. I suspect if he doesn't get any of those folks elected in the swing states he will announce he isn't running.
Support for Trump is fading. He's gone a bit daffy since his loss. I did vote for him and wish he had won. Then I believe he would have been stable and stayed the course we were on. Lately I find myself yearning for new blood to come along. They're out there. A lot of Trump voters are eyeballing DeSantis pretty close these days. I know I am.

And you're right. A Trump endorsement sure doesn't clinch a race.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:46 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

And you're right. A Trump endorsement sure doesn't clinch a race.

and a Biden/Kamala does? You think they will come down to PA and campaign? You think people are mad at Trump because of the gas prices and inflation or the party in power?

Old 06-28-2022, 08:28 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
Quote:
i don't have a problem with oz he does dabble in pseudoscience which is odd for such a well respected cardiologist.

my problem is with trump, and i'm only pointing out his endorsements will be a problem for statewide elections. Doug mastriano has no chance of being governor he is a perfect example of trump endorsements. If they had someone else then mastriano might have won that seat.

tds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections