Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 11:02 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the OG. He says the people of Georgia will not buy Trump's claims about the 2020 elections and anybody that he endorses in GA that agrees with Trump but they will look away and ignore Abrams claims of fraud for 2018 elections and calling GA Jim Crow and her lies about elections in the state.

I really don't get the 1 sided argument. LOL. This is bad for 1 party but good for the other party? You can't make this up.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:08 PM

13,280 posts, read 7,316,697 times
The polls are what they are I'm not making anything up. Were still 5 months away if the polling continues to trend for Democrats in statewide elections the Red wave maybe in trouble.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:24 PM

1 poll? ok but the party in power are not in trouble? LOL

Old 06-29-2022, 11:57 PM

13,280 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
1 poll? ok but the party in power are not in trouble? LOL
Not just one poll she been within 5 points on 4 other polls. Kemp should have 10 point lead I'm not seeing it. The trend is going the wrong way for the GOP.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:28 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hutchinson's "testimony" was completely fraudulent.

1. She was not there

2. She heard it from "somewhere"

3. The Secret Service guys say it is BS

4. The driver says it is BS

The Jan 6th "findings" are only important to liberals, as they believe all the blatantly false lies. Keep in mind that you libs believed"

1. The Hillary Russian hoax
2. The Pee Dossier
3. That Hunter's laptop was a "russian plant"
4. That Joe Biden did not take money from Ukraine and China
5. That Jeff Epstein committed suicide
6. That Hillary and Obama did not cooperate in a coup attempt via the Russian Hoax

You libs have a terrible track record and will believe ANY CRAZY LEFTIST PROPAGANDA THAT THE DNC THROWS AT YOU LIKE THEY ARE HARD FACTS.

"IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID"! The only people who care about Jan 6th and abortion are the left wingers who were voting democrat anyway.
Trump's reaction says differently.
He never goes into such furious tweeting unless he's very worried.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Trump's reaction says differently.
He never goes into such furious tweeting unless he's very worried.

Now you know Trump and inside his mind. For a person you never met or know, now you read his internal intentions.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Not just one poll she been within 5 points on 4 other polls. Kemp should have 10 point lead I'm not seeing it. The trend is going the wrong way for the GOP.

Then She has it. Lying about elections and laws works. Georgia is the worst state in the Union and they stole the election from her in 2018. If she loses again and charges the same thing, what's your excuse?

Old 06-30-2022, 04:30 AM

3,282 posts, read 1,418,208 times
Quote:
Then She has it. Lying about elections and laws works. Georgia is the worst state in the Union and they stole the election from her in 2018. If she loses again and charges the same thing, what's your excuse?
She may well lose, but she may win. The Republicans are doing most of the heavy lifting for her:

Over turning Roe
Reducing the State’s ability to limit concealed carry
Overwhelming evidence ex Dear Leader incited a riot
Running people like Herschel Walker as Senate Candidate in GA

Agree with them or not, it doesn’t take a political genius to see how all of these events favor the Dems. Will they be sufficient to get them across the finish line? Dunno…that’s why we have the election.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:12 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Kemp's approval rating is better than his polling against Abrams suggesting that quite a few republicans are not supporting him because he did the right thing in 2020.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:16 AM

2,024 posts, read 1,315,375 times
Quote:
I don't understand the OG. He says the people of Georgia will not buy Trump's claims about the 2020 elections and anybody that he endorses in GA that agrees with Trump but they will look away and ignore Abrams claims of fraud for 2018 elections and calling GA Jim Crow and her lies about elections in the state.

I really don't get the 1 sided argument. LOL. This is bad for 1 party but good for the other party? You can't make this up.
Stacey Abrams was not claiming there was fraud in the 2018 election, she claimed there was voter suppression done in a number of ways.
Also, she said from the beginning that Kemp was the legally elected governor, but that she was not going to do the concede ceremony because she believed voter suppression made the election unfair. She acknowledged from the beginning that Kemp was the legally elected governor.
That is not the same as claiming fraud.

I personally believe that Georgia has a long history of voter suppression because I've lived here for over 70 years and know first-hand of what sort of things were done from back in the days of segregation to these days. I also believe that it continues but far far less than in the past, and both sides do it whenever they can get away with it, like gerrymandering.
However, some of Stacey's claims about voters being removed from the rolls and not allowed to vote are true but gross exaggerations of the numbers.

I totally agree with her that SB202 is going to make it more difficult to vote for some people. She's right about that, but I'm 90% onboard with the new law.
I honestly don't care if unprepared and/or lazy people from either side won't bother to vote or get registered to vote. But I do care about the sloppy procedures of Fulton county election board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections