Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 09:55 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
See post #25, above.
Incumbent Governor Abrams is still claiming she won the 2018 Governor election, which is not true. That is not any different than President Trump claiming he won the 2020 election, or Ms. Clinton claiming she won the 2016 election, both of which still occur. If you excuse one, but not the other, because you happen to like the candidate, then you are a hypocrite.

Old 06-30-2022, 09:58 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Incumbent Governor Abrams is still claiming she won the 2018 Governor election, which is not true. That is not any different than President Trump claiming he won the 2020 election, or Ms. Clinton claiming she won the 2016 election, both of which still occur. If you excuse one, but not the other, because you happen to like the candidate, then you are a hypocrite.

I answered him but he plays dumb. The definition of subvert is: undermine the power and authority of (an established system or institution):

That is what she did with ZERO evidence and the Democrat party never called her up. They embrace her, supports hers and treats her like a rock start.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:09 AM

10,072 posts, read 14,453,980 times
Oh man, I hope.

Kemp needs to get the boot and go.

Stacy Abrams would be absolutely fabulous.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:18 AM

2,024 posts, read 1,315,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
B.S. Since losing the election, Abrams has repeatedly claimed that the election was not fairly conducted and has declined to call Kemp the legitimate governor of Georgia. Abrams has since claimed that she won the election and that the election was "stolen from the voters of Georgia", claims that election law experts said lacked sufficient evidence. Her position is that Kemp, who oversaw the election in his role as Secretary of State, had a conflict of interest and suppressed turnout by purging nearly 670,000 voter registrations in 2017, and that about 53,000 voter registrations were pending a month before the election. She has said, "I have no empirical evidence that I would have achieved a higher number of votes. However, I have sufficient and I think legally sufficient doubt about the process to say that it was not a fair election.

That's like saying : "I'm not calling you a prostitute but you have sex for money."

There is not evidence supporting the assertion that Kemp either suppressed the vote or 'stole' the election from Abrams.

Why is it that all the voting accusations that can't be proven is legit and accepted if it's from a Democrat but not for a Republican? That is my point the selective outrage and doubles standards.

Stacy can accuse the system against her and she can question the governor and accuse him of a crime with NO evidence and she is a rock star in the Democrat party and well respected. A Republican does it then he is crazy liar and bad for democracy.
Again, Stacey has not accused Kemp of committing crimes or of fraud.
However, in all my research the ONLY people saying Stacey accused Kemp of "fraud" are Republicans accusing Stacey of saying something she did not say.

Prove me wrong with a link to a speech she's made accusing Kemp of fraud.

To get a feel for the kinds of things she actually says, here is a transcript of Stacey's speech on November 16, 2018 in which she acknowleges that Brian Kemp won the election.
https://www.11alive.com/article/news...e-2794f43afa23

Old 06-30-2022, 11:41 AM

6,123 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Stacy Abrams is awful.

Proof that black people do not care who you are, but if you are black, you will get their vote. They don’t even need to like you, see Kamala Harris pushing a basically brain dead Joe Biden over the (rigged) finish line.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:47 AM

2,024 posts, read 1,315,375 times
This is regarding Stacey Abrams saying "I won".
She does not claim she won the election and is legally the governor. Here is what she says about that

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-georgia.html

"It’s one thing to say you lost that election unfairly, and it’s another to say you won because you increased voter turnout. But can you clarify for me exactly what you’re implying when you say you “won” that election?"

" There are three things: No. 1, I legally acknowledge that Brian Kemp secured a sufficient number of votes under our existing system to become the governor of Georgia. I do not concede that the process was proper, nor do I condone that process. No. 2, I believe we won in that we transformed the electorate and achieved a dramatic increase in turnout. It was a systemic and, I think, sustainable change in the composition of the electorate and in the transformation of the narrative about Georgia and Georgia politics. Three, I have no empirical evidence that I would have achieved a higher number of votes. However, I have sufficient and I think legally sufficient doubt about the process to say that it was not a fair election."

Old 06-30-2022, 12:44 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Your posts gets more clueless and more hypocritical by the post.

The definition of subvert is : undermine the power and authority of (an established system or institution)

That is exactly what Abrams did.
I did not see her or her supporters breaking into the state capitol, nor did she run a continuous campaign of lies as to the outcome when she knew otherwise of the facts. Trump did.

Don't try to equate two very different situations.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:50 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Proof that black people do not care who you are, but if you are black, you will get their vote.
Check the electoral history of Alan Keyes and Larry Elder, two black men who ran against white folks. How did Rahm Emanuel become mayor in a city that is 35% black? Remember Gary, IN which is 85% black got a white mayor in 1995? Your post is not supported by reality.

Please don't mention Marion Barry, either, if you do not know the history of Buddy Cianci.

Its bad to make desultory blanket statements.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
Again, Stacey has not accused Kemp of committing crimes or of fraud.
However, in all my research the ONLY people saying Stacey accused Kemp of "fraud" are Republicans accusing Stacey of saying something she did not say.

Prove me wrong with a link to a speech she's made accusing Kemp of fraud.

To get a feel for the kinds of things she actually says, here is a transcript of Stacey's speech on November 16, 2018 in which she acknowleges that Brian Kemp won the election.
https://www.11alive.com/article/news...e-2794f43afa23

What are you smoking? She accused Kemp as Secretary of State suppressing votes and not letting people legally vote and discrimination. Last time I look that is a crime. Those are nasty charges without evidence subverting democracy. She is questioning the legitimacy of the winner and the process with NO evidence.

Electoral fraud, sometimes referred to as election manipulation, voter fraud or vote rigging, involves illegal interference with the process of an election, either by increasing the vote share of a favored candidate, depressing the vote share of rival candidates, or both. It differs from but often goes hand-in-hand with voter suppression.

Quote:
I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election.

But to watch an elected official – who claims to represent the people of this state, baldly pin his hopes for election on the suppression of the people’s democratic right to vote – has been truly appalling. So, to be clear, this is not a speech of concession.

Make no mistake, the former Secretary of State was deliberate and intentional in his actions. I know that eight years of systemic disenfranchisement, disinvestment and incompetence had its desired effect on the electoral process in Georgia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqdyw4zWGDY

That is only from that speech. I can go on and on in her accusations in the press and other speeches. She made a bold statement without evidence. She accused Secretary of State and Governor elect Kemp of crimes. She said he was deliberate and intentional. She accused him of a crime and made his victory and government illegitimate.

The hypocrisy here and doubles standards and how Democrats move the goal post cracks me up.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 06-30-2022 at 01:39 PM..

Old 06-30-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I did not see her or her supporters breaking into the state capitol, nor did she run a continuous campaign of lies as to the outcome when she knew otherwise of the facts. Trump did.

Don't try to equate two very different situations.

nah, She went further. She supported publicly the BLM protests in the summer of 2020. Now you are telling me that wasn't an insurrection? The protests suddenly stop when Biden won the election. Interesting.

"DAY OF RECKONING IS GOING TO CONTINUE UNTIL WE ACTUALLY MAKE CHANGE" defending the BLM protests and violence. 6/14/2020
How Democrats change the goal posts cracks me up. LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections