Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More likely to go blue
Arizona 47 67.14%
Georgia 23 32.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 08:20 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. You're right.
Trump never cared about the economy. So why should we?

I'll admit to more TDS now than I had in 2016. I've always thought Trump was an anti-social maniac, but I never thought he was a wannabe dictator until Jan 6, 2021.

You voted for Biden and will vote for him again, so obviously you don't care about the economy. Thanks for the lecture.

You mean a wanna be dictator by voting to invade and finance other countries and carpet bomb them to the Stone Ages? Dictator like being in the Administration with the biggest spying scandal in U.S. history? Dictator like using your DOJ to go after your main political opponent? Thanks for the laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2023, 08:25 PM

Quote:

All I know is if I was a resident of Arizona, I would vote for a rabid spaniel before I'd vote for Kari Lake. The spaniel would be more sane and more intelligent. And better behaved in public.

They got Hobbs. Not offense to a rabid dog but then again, these are the same idiots that voted for Sinema to later complain.

Old 10-22-2023, 12:15 AM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Your amnesia is not a joke. Your lies are up there with Biden getting arrested in Africa to see Nelson Mandela.
You're just deflecting the fact that your always wrong. Then after the election you vanish from the forum for months until the next election gets closer why is that?

Old 10-22-2023, 05:39 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Yes.
MAGA is oblivious to how unpopular they are in some states and with some of their candidates.
Republicans also don't appear to realize there are many Democrats that are almost as conservative as they are in some issues.

Since the Governor is the person who always sits right on the balance point of a state's social scale, a Repub candidate's acceptability could be as important to his election as his conservatism. Just as a Democratic candidate's acceptability is as important as his liberalism.

Kemp makes sense to me for Georgia; he was accepted if not universally admired.
Lake made no sense at all to anyone but MAGA in Arizona.
Yet she lost by 17,000 votes out of more than 2.5 million cast in an election that could’ve gone either way. A loss is a loss, sure, but if your contention is that “MAGA†voters got her where they did, they comprised nearly 50% of the electorate that race.

Old 10-22-2023, 10:38 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You voted for Biden and will vote for him again, so obviously you don't care about the economy. Thanks for the lecture.

You mean a wanna be dictator by voting to invade and finance other countries and carpet bomb them to the Stone Ages? Dictator like being in the Administration with the biggest spying scandal in U.S. history? Dictator like using your DOJ to go after your main political opponent? Thanks for the laugh.
You're welcome, but the lecture wasn't really written for your benefit. You're so addicted to the Papaya Messiah you'll die adoringly at his feet.

The above nonsense you wrote is just that- nonsense.
Go find another giggling Q-believer to argue them; I won't wade into that garbage pit with you.

Old 10-22-2023, 10:49 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yet she lost by 17,000 votes out of more than 2.5 million cast in an election that could’ve gone either way. A loss is a loss, sure, but if your contention is that “MAGA†voters got her where they did, they comprised nearly 50% of the electorate that race.
No...
I didn't contend MAGA voters were responsible for her loss (or her win, if she had won).
It was a close election, just as you say, but I'll contend Kari Lake brought on her loss all on her own.

And I think the claims the election was not fair nor honest are nothing but bad excuses for her narrow loss.

I didn't even know Kari existed until she entered politics, but once I watched her, she reminded me strongly of a girlfriend of 50 years ago; she's beautiful, intelligent, has a quick mind and can deliver a quick quip that can strike to the bone, but so full of buried anger or something that she's self-destructive.

Last edited by banjomike; 10-22-2023 at 11:00 AM..

Old 10-22-2023, 11:01 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Lake got a lot of "the nice lady from the TV" vote. IAW, name recognition not well associated with political positions. Even then, she lost to a mediocre candidate who barely campaigned. Since the election, her constant filing and losing of court challenges has exposed her as a nut job.

Old 10-22-2023, 04:33 PM

Quote:
You're welcome, but the lecture wasn't really written for your benefit. You're so addicted to the Papaya Messiah you'll die adoringly at his feet.

The above nonsense you wrote is just that- nonsense.
Go find another giggling Q-believer to argue them; I won't wade into that garbage pit with you.

The feeling is mutual but this is an open forum. You support Biden and accuse me of being addicted to Papaya Messiah? LOL. I don't mind taking the garbage out. I can talk to you with no problem.

Old 10-22-2023, 04:53 PM

Quote:
No...
I didn't contend MAGA voters were responsible for her loss (or her win, if she had won).
It was a close election, just as you say, but I'll contend Kari Lake brought on her loss all on her own.

She ran her campaign, so yeah it's her loss. If she won, you can say she brought the win on herself. She got 49.7% of the electorate on her first ever election. She has half the electorate and the wind on her back going in 2024 because on the economy and border, Democrats aren't doing too good.

Quote:
I didn't even know Kari existed until she entered politics, but once I watched her, she reminded me strongly of a girlfriend of 50 years ago; she's beautiful, intelligent, has a quick mind and can deliver a quick quip that can strike to the bone, but so full of buried anger or something that she's self-destructive.

LOL. She left a strong mark in you after 50 years. I wouldn't remember much of a girlfriend 50 years ago and if I did it would be for something super nice or something really bad.. Your memory is good for your age. None of the Democrat ladies remind you of her? AOC? Pelosi? Hillary Clinton? Kamala Harris? I can think of a dozen female politicians on top of my head that show anger on t.v. Most of them are in the Democrat party. Mazie Hirono, Kirsten Gillibrand, Elizabeth Warren, Maxine Waters, Frederica Wilson. Even Nikki Haley shows anger and can go over the top.

For the record, I don't find Lake full of anger or anti-men. I found others in the Democrat party that are but not her. She has confidence and isn't afraid to show up and isn't afraid to speak. I don't call that hate but to each their own.

Old 10-22-2023, 05:24 PM

By the way, Lake is an outsider and didn't come or was picked from the GOP establishment. She is not from that elite club. She didn't play ball with them and challenged them. Ducey and Brewer didn't want her and didn't endorse her.

They wanted Karrin Taylor Robbson and that's what the GOP establishment in D.C wanted also. Pence, Christie, and Gingrich endorsed her. She served under Reagan and HW Bush. So she is very rich and from that club and of the 3.7 million dollars she raised for her campaign for governor , almost 2 million came from her. When Lake beat her 50% to 43%, it threw a wrench to the establishment GOP and like Trump in 2016, they were hoping he lose and that this would go away but it won't because Trump will run again and Lake also.

There was a -2.29% turnout for the 2022 election compared to 2018 which got +17.33%. Enough establishment Republicans didn't vote and gave Hobbs a 0.6% slim victory. The GOP establishment wants their own and can't control Lake.

The problem with the GOP establishment is, Lake got 49.7% of the electorate and they have to deal with her. She will beat anybody in the primary and they have to make truce or have Hobbs for another 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections