Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More likely to go blue
Arizona 47 67.14%
Georgia 23 32.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 03:10 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,401 times

Advertisements

Mail-in voting election fraud will ensure that both elect democrat governors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 03:14 PM

52,207 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Georgia, I hope.

I'm planning on moving to AZ in the future and I don't want it to get ruined.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:46 PM

6,012 posts, read 2,835,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It'll be a difficult choice for Trumpers in Georgia. Kemp backstabbed Trump in their opinion, so voting for him would normally be impossible. But then there is Abrams whom they could never support. Do they just skip it or hold their noses and vote for Kemp? I think the latter. They know in their hearts that Kemp was right even as they deny.
Governor Kemp is the obvious choice over incumbent Governor Abrams... There is no comparison, and I do not understand the mentality that thinks otherwise.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:55 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
So I have very conservative friends. They would never vote for Biden BUT they might vote for a Democrat Governor because of their staunch support of pro-choice.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:11 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,464,759 times
We in AZ have elected many Dem Governors. Jan Brewer helped push Obamacare through.

https://www.nga.org/former-governors/arizona/

Old 07-01-2022, 05:27 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
I don't think either will elect a Democrat. I don't think one can compare the last election with the one coming up, as things have REALLY changed. Democrats all became poison during the last two years to many people. We'll see where this goes, but Dems ruined many businesses, those that followed the guidance of Pedo Joe!

Considering AZ as a relocation, I certainly hope they don't turn blue, as that takes them off the list!

Old 07-01-2022, 05:30 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,464,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't think either will elect a Democrat. I don't think one can compare the last election with the one coming up, as things have REALLY changed. Democrats all became poison during the last two years to many people. We'll see where this goes, but Dems ruined many businesses, those that followed the guidance of Pedo Joe!

Considering AZ as a relocation, I certainly hope they don't turn blue, as that takes them off the list!
Then just avoid the larger cities, like most states.

Old 07-01-2022, 05:48 PM

25,700 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Loaded question just like asking somebody "when did you stop beating your wife"?

My answer is both state are likely to elect Republican Govrnors.

Old 07-01-2022, 05:58 PM

1,344 posts, read 473,381 times
Neither for the time being though who knows in the future. Some poster's statement alludes to one of the methods regarding demographics but then that's been going on since the days of the Neo-Assyrian Empire and the whole 'divide and rule' concept. Fascinating how the expectation appears to be in favour of one political direction and for the indefinite future at that. What? Is the 'natural' evolution supposed to be one party further consolidating their power until they have a centuries long stranglehold over the political affairs of a country?

Old 07-01-2022, 08:17 PM

3,150 posts, read 2,205,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It'll be a difficult choice for Trumpers in Georgia. Kemp backstabbed Trump in their opinion, so voting for him would normally be impossible. But then there is Abrams whom they could never support. Do they just skip it or hold their noses and vote for Kemp? I think the latter. They know in their hearts that Kemp was right even as they deny.
Georgia's Republican primary voters had the opportunity to replace Kemp with a Trump sycophant (former Sen. Perdue) as the nominee. They chose overwhelmingly to pass on Perdue and nominate Kemp for another term. Many voters understand that Kemp has taken highly conservative positions as governor, and his signing off on the 2020 election for Biden was simply a mandatory administrative step. And unlike some Republicans, Kemp has strongly supported Trump's agenda and never made any substantive comments against him personally.

Arizona has my vote for this question since they don't have an incumbent running, and the most likely Republican nominee appears to be a wacky conspiracy theorist. She'll get the hard core Trumpers' support for sure, but the middle of the electorate won't be so enthused with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections