Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More likely to go blue
Arizona 47 67.14%
Georgia 23 32.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 10:43 PM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Title explains it. Both states barely went blue in 2020. They are in a transitional period. Which seems more likely to elect a Democrat governor this mid-term.
Migration player. A big factor in Arizona and Georgia turning purple. In Arizona. Plenty of California residents move there in the past ten years helping to push the state towards blue. And for Georgia. Plenty of black Americans from the northern portions of the United States moved back to their ancestral lands of the south which had better prosperity and far less racism than the liberal north. Georgia with Atlanta as it's base is the economic and cultural heartland for black Americans. I predicted that Arizona ajs Georgia will turn blue. I'm not sure how many more blacks will move back to Georgia to cement Georgia as democrat, along with decline of California which will force many to move out of the state, a good example of such is Podcaster Joe Rogan..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 01:02 AM

357 posts, read 222,458 times
I am an Arizonan and I will not be voting Democrat.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:38 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,291,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Governor Kemp is the obvious choice over incumbent Governor Abrams... There is no comparison, and I do not understand the mentality that thinks otherwise.
“I don’t understand why people think differently than I do”

Old 07-02-2022, 08:45 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
In AZ Hispanics make up 32% of the population and may not be as supportive of Dem candidates as they have in the past.

Hispanic working class (noncollege) voters are emerging as an Achilles heel for the Democrats. Here are some facts about Hispanic working class voters that help bring this challenge for Democrats into focus.
https://theliberalpatriot.substack.c...spanic-working
Hispanics in general are much more pragmatic than white liberals and actually know what a woman is without needing a Biologist. White Liberals and Black Leftist are just nuts and are willing to jump on the latest fad, Regardless of fact: Jussie Smollet, the Covington lie, Michael "the gentle Thug" Brown, are just typical lies that Democrats perpetuate.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 07-02-2022 at 08:53 AM..

Old 07-02-2022, 08:50 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
I am an Arizonan and I will not be voting Democrat.
Ditto, when you have a party, Democrats, that don't even know what the definition of a woman is, we can only hope they lose

Old 07-02-2022, 09:00 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Stacey Abrams has a better chance of winning the Beef Brisket Eating Contest with a hockey goalie's mask on than she does the governor's job.

The Wall of Shame for Democrats is a very crowded place, but "Ol' BB" is right there, front and center.

Old 07-02-2022, 09:36 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
If by some chance of the imagination Abrams wins GA to quote Ross Perot, "you'll hear a large sucking sound".... as many get out as fast as possible. Too many will not live under the thumb of that hateful woman.

Old 07-02-2022, 10:08 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Kemp is an incumbent. In AZ the seat is open. Kemp has a positive approval rating. The GOP candidates in AZ are all on the far right. The Dem is more centrist and female. More than likely a constitutional amendment to permit abortions will be on the ballot. Ergo AZ is more likely to elect a dem. I don't think that makes it blue, though. Local issues.
If Arizona elects a dem governor and both senators are dems and 5-9 house members are dems. That makes AZ blue. Barely blue but with the huge influx of Californians since the pandemic that trend will only get stronger. Plus the Roe v Wade situation puts AZ in the abortion spotlight and with this amendment you are talking of will bring the left out in droves.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:41 PM

13,718 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
If Arizona elects a dem governor and both senators are dems and 5-9 house members are dems. That makes AZ blue. Barely blue but with the huge influx of Californians since the pandemic that trend will only get stronger. Plus the Roe v Wade situation puts AZ in the abortion spotlight and with this amendment you are talking of will bring the left out in droves.

The Dems no longer have a lock on a sizable % of the Hispanic vote and AZ is 32% Hispanic.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/63725887-post9.html

Yes, there's a large number of Californians who have moved here since 2020. However, will this offset a growing percentage of Hispanics who plan to vote Rep? Add to this ballot harvesting won't be allowed and I'll be very curious what happens in AZ this Nov.

Plus the Roe v Wade situation puts AZ in the abortion spotlight and with this amendment you are talking of will bring the left out in droves.
https://ktar.com/story/5134780/propo...g-out-of-time/

I suspect if it makes the ballot it will pass. However, not necessarily because of a higher than normal turnout by Dem voters. Those adamantly oppose abortion will be out in full force as well.

Last edited by john3232; 07-02-2022 at 01:40 PM..

Old 07-02-2022, 01:14 PM

3,161 posts, read 2,211,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
If by some chance of the imagination Abrams wins GA to quote Ross Perot, "you'll hear a large sucking sound".... as many get out as fast as possible. Too many will not live under the thumb of that hateful woman.
Even if Abrams wins, Republicans will likely retain both of Georgia's legislative chambers, so the type of policies she would prefer are unlikely to get enacted without a lot of negotiation and compromise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections