Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More likely to go blue
Arizona 47 67.14%
Georgia 23 32.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 12:58 AM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Arizona would be the likelier state to elect a Dem governor. They have had multiple Dems elected to state office in the last decade.

The two Dem GA senators were a bit of fluke as they were elected in runoff elections during a full Trumpal meltdown. Perdue was barely under 50% in the first round. Loeffler was basically an anchor. There was a third race on the ballot for a state board seat or something like insurance and the R won that while the voters flipped both Senate seats blue.
I think Brian Kemp will win it, but Warnock will beat Herschel Walker. Georgia will continue to have 2 dems as senators. Arizona the situation is reversed Kari Lake is like Walker Katie Hobbs will be the next Governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 01:23 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I think Brian Kemp will win it, but Warnock will beat Herschel Walker. Georgia will continue to have 2 dems as senators. Arizona the situation is reversed Kari Lake is like Walker Katie Hobbs will be the next Governor.
Exactly. Trump will keep running “Team Crazy” members who will lose until the Republicans grow a spine to stand up to him. Which they may not ever do as they are such cowards.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:37 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Mike Pence has now endorsed Karrin Taylor Robson for governor joining Gov. Ducey in the proxy war against Trump, who is behind Kari Lake. These two endorsements have changed the calculus and now I give odds to Robson to win the nomination (Trump is kyrptonite with a large fraction of AZ Republicans). Robson has a much better chance to beat Katie Hobbs, the presumed democrat. At this point, I would say neither AZ nor GA will elect a Democrat for governor.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Mike Pence has now endorsed Karrin Taylor Robson for governor joining Gov. Ducey in the proxy war against Trump, who is behind Kari Lake. These two endorsements have changed the calculus and now I give odds to Robson to win the nomination (Trump is kyrptonite with a large fraction of AZ Republicans). Robson has a much better chance to beat Katie Hobbs, the presumed democrat. At this point, I would say neither AZ nor GA will elect a Democrat for governor.
I'm not so sure Hobbs won't win anyway if Karrin Robson wins the MAGA's who wanted Kari Lake will not bother voting because they are convinced the election was rigged, or think of Robinson as a RINO.

Poll just came out shows Kemp leading by 7 points not surprised there. I'm still wondering if MAGA's won't vote for him because he refused to help Trump in 2020.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...rams-7538.html

Old 07-24-2022, 06:09 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,481 times
Hobbs couldn't even do her job.

Karrin Robson and her husband are listed as members of the Global Leadership Foundation that works closely with the United Nations, the World Bank/IMF and other INGOs

https://www.g-l-f.org/network/glf-in...ional-council/

https://www.g-l-f.org/what-we-do/principles/

Republicans in AZ are still angry at Pence for not doing his job.

Pence's endorsement of Robson is a negative, not a positive.

Arizona doesn't need another Globalist RINO Governor.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Hobbs couldn't even do her job.

Karrin Robson and her husband are listed as members of the Global Leadership Foundation that works closely with the United Nations, the World Bank/IMF and other INGOs

https://www.g-l-f.org/network/glf-in...ional-council/

https://www.g-l-f.org/what-we-do/principles/

Republicans in AZ are still angry at Pence for not doing his job.

Pence's endorsement of Robson is a negative, not a positive.

Arizona doesn't need another Globalist RINO Governor.

If Karrin Robson wins the primary will you not vote for her in the General Election?

Old 07-27-2022, 07:27 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I don't care about your TDS. Trump has nothing to do with this. If the people of Arizona wants Hobbs as the governor so be it. It has nothing to do about abortions or 1/6. If the Arizona residents wants Democrats that support Biden's policies this year, so be it. I disagree. You really have a bad case of TDS when the main topic in this election is the economy, economy, economy and border in Arizona.
The economy & the border are essential issues in Arizona, but there are other matters which are just as important. Drought & water shortages, transportation, education, and crime in general are issues that need attention, but are hardly being mentioned by any of the candidates. Even the economy is a distant second with the GOP candidates ... the #1 topic is the border. That, and labeling each other RINOs, etc. It's about who can do the most slamming & name calling instead of focusing on the wide array of topics that need to be addressed.

Old 07-28-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The economy & the border are essential issues in Arizona, but there are other matters which are just as important. Drought & water shortages, transportation, education, and crime in general are issues that need attention, but are hardly being mentioned by any of the candidates. Even the economy is a distant second with the GOP candidates ... the #1 topic is the border. That, and labeling each other RINOs, etc. It's about who can do the most slamming & name calling instead of focusing on the wide array of topics that need to be addressed.
Most TV ads are about election conspiracy from Kari Lake I see them at the GYM it's like all they care about is trying to redo the 2020 election. It will work for districts that have lot of MAGA's rural desert communities mostly people outside of Phoenix.

Friend used to live up off Carefree highway Just west of I-17 he had a few acres nice house up there said one guy had a big flag said F*** Joe Biden. I get how some people become obsessed with politics neighbors don't want to see that kind of trashy stuff. It only splits the republican party. We have a big Mormon population I can guarantee they don't support guys flying flags that say that. Half the party will go with Lake half will go with Robson either way it goes the other side won't vote in November.

Old 07-29-2022, 11:58 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Most TV ads are about election conspiracy from Kari Lake I see them at the GYM it's like all they care about is trying to redo the 2020 election. It will work for districts that have lot of MAGA's rural desert communities mostly people outside of Phoenix.
I'm not certain who will win just yet, but voters in Phoenix and the heavily populated suburbs will likely determine the outcome in these highly contested races. Rural areas comprise a small percentage of AZ voters.

Quote:
Friend used to live up off Carefree highway Just west of I-17 he had a few acres nice house up there said one guy had a big flag said F*** Joe Biden. I get how some people become obsessed with politics neighbors don't want to see that kind of trashy stuff. It only splits the republican party. We have a big Mormon population I can guarantee they don't support guys flying flags that say that. Half the party will go with Lake half will go with Robson either way it goes the other side won't vote in November.
The GOP is already divided, and I personally know registered Republicans who didn't support Trump & refuse to vote for candidates endorsed by him. The Trumpers immediately label them RINOs, and whatever childish cliché they can come up with. They seem to thrive on personal attacks & name calling.

In my own observations, those flags you mentioned are often on homes that are somewhat run down & unkempt, and the people occupying those homes certainly aren't pillars of society! They have a right to display whatever they choose on their own property, but I just consider the source. At the same time, the plethora of political signs which dominate the street corners are trashy too.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I'm not certain who will win just yet, but voters in Phoenix and the heavily populated suburbs will likely determine the outcome in these highly contested races. Rural areas comprise a small percentage of AZ voters.

The GOP is already divided, and I personally know registered Republicans who didn't support Trump & refuse to vote for candidates endorsed by him. The Trumpers immediately label them RINOs, and whatever childish cliché they can come up with. They seem to thrive on personal attacks & name calling.

In my own observations, those flags you mentioned are often on homes that are somewhat run down & unkempt, and the people occupying those homes certainly aren't pillars of society! They have a right to display whatever they choose on their own property, but I just consider the source. At the same time, the plethora of political signs which dominate the street corners are trashy too.
You would think that it would be a trashy looking place full of dead cars, and junk but to his surprise it wasn't 3500+ SQ home on 2 acres well kept and lot of expensive toy like big motorhomes, Side by sides that kind of person it was. He saw lot of guys driving around with Trump flags and such this was right up to 2020 election and right after when those Trump trains were driving around with Trump flags flying. The Cave creek area lot of MAGA's up there. Now the flags mostly down some say Trump 2024 and Impeach Biden few on my street flying those flags. What I notice was the age of these MAGA's mostly middle aged men I think there is some sort of mid life crises involved with Trump supporters. People who feel that their voice isn't being drowned out by younger generation. Trump came along gave them something to yell about. Look at CD-POC most MAGA's here seem to be 50+ age group.

The loudest mouth always seems to make it seem like they are the majority. People go to the polls and vote differently. Even myself 3 neighbors had Trump signs the 2020 runup they kept going on and on about Trump and politics I would just agree with them so we didn't have to argue.

They thought I was like them also voting for Trump. When Trump lost they couldn't believe it one neighbor he was a poll watcher he said all the ballots I saw were for Trump the election must have been rigged. I asked him did he personally reviewed 1.3+ Million ballots in Maricopa county . Those two are still going on and on that the election is rigged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections