Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More likely to go blue
Arizona 47 67.14%
Georgia 23 32.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 09:30 AM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What I notice was the age of these MAGA's mostly middle aged men I think there is some sort of mid life crises involved with Trump supporters. People who feel that their voice isn't being drowned out by younger generation. Trump came along gave them something to yell about. Look at CD-POC most MAGA's here seem to be 50+ age group.
I'm in that age group ... and to be honest, I almost voted for Trump in 2020 because he made more sense about COVID and the economy in general than Biden did. I ended up voting for the Libertarian candidate, and I'm glad I did because Trump's post election behavior has been unhinged to say the least. Some of his actions surrounding his loss crossed the line into criminal territory as far as I'm concerned. I lost a lot of respect for him, even though he had some favorable policies.

Quote:
The loudest mouth always seems to make it seem like they are the majority. People go to the polls and vote differently. Even myself 3 neighbors had Trump signs the 2020 runup they kept going on and on about Trump and politics I would just agree with them so we didn't have to argue.

They thought I was like them also voting for Trump. When Trump lost they couldn't believe it one neighbor he was a poll watcher he said all the ballots I saw were for Trump the election must have been rigged. I asked him did he personally reviewed 1.3+ Million ballots in Maricopa county . Those two are still going on and on that the election is rigged.
Even after that ridiculous audit in AZ proved there was no fraud, Trump and his adamant supporters can't let it go. I guess the best we can hope for at this point is a balance of power in D.C., which we need. One party in control is never good. Too bad it has to be mainly politicians who cater to their party bases instead of focusing on the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2022, 09:58 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Hobbs couldn't even do her job.

Karrin Robson and her husband are listed as members of the Global Leadership Foundation that works closely with the United Nations, the World Bank/IMF and other INGOs

https://www.g-l-f.org/network/glf-in...ional-council/

https://www.g-l-f.org/what-we-do/principles/

Republicans in AZ are still angry at Pence for not doing his job.

Pence's endorsement of Robson is a negative, not a positive.

Arizona doesn't need another Globalist RINO Governor.
Stealing elections is not what the office of VP is for.

Old 07-30-2022, 11:11 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
RCP currently has Kemp polling about 4% ahead of Abrams in Georgia. Many Georgia voters who are okay with a standard conservative but don't want a Trump sycophant are likely supporting him for re-election. Just following the law without creating a chaotic situation when the numbers weren't in his party's favor was much appreciated.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...rams-7538.html

Hopefully Arizona will elect someone similarly responsible, regardless of party.

Old 07-30-2022, 02:51 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
RCP currently has Kemp polling about 4% ahead of Abrams in Georgia. Many Georgia voters who are okay with a standard conservative but don't want a Trump sycophant are likely supporting him for re-election. Just following the law without creating a chaotic situation when the numbers weren't in his party's favor was much appreciated.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...rams-7538.html

Hopefully Arizona will elect someone similarly responsible, regardless of party.
There lies the issue Kari Lake is the coin flip of Kemp either way the GOP is split voting. Kemp won big in the primary he won't get the 30% MAGA vote who feel he stabbed Trump in the back. If you take away the 30% who voted for Perdue that could give Abrams enough to overcome the 4% she needs. Lake is even in a worse spot she has to overcome the 60% loss of GOP voters if she actually ends up being the Primary winner.

2022 midterms are going to highlight the failures of Trump and his Endorsements.

Old 07-31-2022, 02:48 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Quote:
Kemp won big in the primary he won't get the 30% MAGA vote who feel he stabbed Trump in the back. If you take away the 30% who voted for Perdue that could give Abrams enough to overcome the 4% she needs.
Perdue himself conceded to Kemp, and the #MAGA voters despise everything about Abrams. They may not be thrilled with Kemp, but considering who the alternative is he will get most of their votes. Many of them will never admit it but they realize that Kemp wasn't responsible for Trump losing Georgia.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:31 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Arizona GOP primary tests power of Trump's election lies

PHOENIX (AP) — The Republican Party's embrace of Donald Trump's election lies will be tested on Tuesday as voters in Arizona choose between candidates who say they wouldn't have certified the results of the 2020 campaign and those who argue it's time to move on.

https://www.aol.com/news/arizona-gop...171457971.html

Old 08-03-2022, 08:13 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Hobbs will be Arizona's next governor if Lake wins. Arizona does not tolerate Trumpers.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:18 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Hobbs will be Arizona's next governor if Lake wins. Arizona does not tolerate Trumpers.
Hobbs doesn't stand a chance against Kari Lake in Arizona.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:19 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
I think GA would come closer, although I have my doubts that they will elect a Dem governor. Would love it if they did though.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:29 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
AZ has a much higher chance, especially with Lake being the GOP nominee. Trump has turned the AZ GOP from perennial winners into perennial losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections