Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 11:14 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
^^^This needs to be repeated.
She is a lightweight that makes Dan Quayle look like a Rhodes Scholar.
She isn’t fit for any federal job at all.

She will never be president no matter what those fake news polls try to tell you.
Perhaps but she checks off the right boxes: female and a person of color.

If Biden steps down and Harris wants to run she can make life difficult for the Dem leadership if she's not supported.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:12 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,364 times
The bar is set much higher for women, Kamala would not get broad based support from suburban women so I think her chances are minimal. As VP she won't be able to change her likability factor, that could change only if Biden steps down and she becomes PUTUS before '24.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:21 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
The bar is set much higher for women, Kamala would not get broad based support from suburban women so I think her chances are minimal. As VP she won't be able to change her likability factor, that could change only if Biden steps down and she becomes PUTUS before '24.
LMAO! What are you smoking? If Kamala wasn't a woman with tan she would be nowhere in any leadership position in the party let alone be at the W.H. with #2 with striking distance at #1 if Biden falls flat dead.

The people learned who is the real Kamala with the primaries in 2020 and how dumb she looks since then. They want no part of this charlatan. Biden is not making her look dumb, it's her. So taking out Biden isn't going make Kamala more likeable. She is really this bad and the Democrat voters deep down know this. They saw it back in 2019.

When you have lower numbers than Biden, you have serious problems. Biden can make anybody next to him look good except Kamala. That tells you all.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:46 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
LMAO! What are you smoking? If Kamala wasn't a woman with tan she would be nowhere in any leadership position in the party let alone be at the W.H. with #2 with striking distance at #1 if Biden falls flat dead.

The people learned who is the real Kamala with the primaries in 2020 and how dumb she looks since then. They want no part of this charlatan. Biden is not making her look dumb, it's her. So taking out Biden isn't going make Kamala more likeable. She is really this bad and the Democrat voters deep down know this. They saw it back in 2019.

When you have lower numbers than Biden, you have serious problems. Biden can make anybody next to him look good except Kamala. That tells you all.

There's a reason we have not had a female president in our 246 year history, positions of power and influence (CEO's, politicians) in America are dominated by white males. Women have a higher bar to clear!

Old 07-10-2022, 01:51 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
There's a reason we have not had a female president in our 246 year history, positions of power and influence (CEO's, politicians) in America are dominated by white males. Women have a higher bar to clear!

No, because the 3 nominated by the Democrat party are trash and at the bottom of the barrel. Ferraro? Hillary? Kamala? You are telling me this is the best of the best in the female gender this country has to offer?

It's not what's in between their legs. It's what comes out of their mouths.

Old 07-10-2022, 05:14 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
It looks like there were two other polls in April and May. Both show DeSantis losing to Kamala Harris.

DeSantis underperforming Trump greatly. DeSantis is a stiff and would lose to Harris. He’s a weak candidate.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...her-2024-poll/

Wow

https://original.newsbreak.com/@toby...sident-in-2024

Old 07-10-2022, 05:26 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
So what?
We're talking about a specific issue here.

So what? She was right on.

Old 07-10-2022, 06:15 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
DeSantis only appeals to the populists just like trump. He doesn’t excite the base like trump either. Trump couldn’t crack 47% of the overall vote in 2016 or 2020.

DeSantis doesn’t have broad appeal. He is Trump lite and would get 42-45% of the overall vote. He would need an electoral college surprise to win.

The only GOP candidate I could see winning and getting close to 50% of the overall vote would be Adam Kinzinger.

I don't know what your political affiliation nor ideology is, but I always get a kick out of those who say the only GOP that could win is ________.

I remember when McCain or Romney were the only ones. I also remember milquetoast people like Kasich or Huntsman being touted as the only people who could win.
Trump of course had "zero chance" with Hillary's "blue wall".

As to Kinzinger, you must be off your rocker. Why not just say Liz Chaney is the only hope for the (R's) in 2024?

Old 07-10-2022, 09:15 PM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
A Harvard poll? Sure I will believe that . . . NOT! 30 years ago, I would have believed one of their polls, but not now.

Unless, that is, they were polling college students and teachers -- or maybe just those people who lived just in Massachusetts. There is just NO way that the majority of people would vote for Harris over DeSantis, and I would love the chance to be proven correct.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:35 AM

3,454 posts, read 3,380,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
It looks like there were two other polls in April and May. Both show DeSantis losing to Kamala Harris.

DeSantis underperforming Trump greatly. DeSantis is a stiff and would lose to Harris. He’s a weak candidate.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...her-2024-poll/
I don't know if this means much, when I see this quote from this link:

"A Harvard/Harris Poll shows Harris the choice of 41% of respondents, with DeSantis at 38% and 20% undecided."

I would bet EVERYTHING, that those undecideds would break for DeSantis at a good percentage over time. 20% is a significant percentage of voters, still undecided. And the article from Newsbreak which you also linked to(though I took that part out in my response), seems to refer to the same poll.

And it's been VERY well documented, how stupid Kamala looks like whenever she speaks in press conferences. I'm not sure looking back why Biden picked her as VP, considering there were other VP candidates he interviewed in 2020 that were easily better. To me I personally liked Susan Rice, but even the ex-Atlanta mayor(Keisha Lance Bottoms) would've been a better choice. Why would undecided voters break for Kamala, when she always manages to look bad herself in press conferences and speeches herself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections