Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2022, 02:05 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
nah, after how people are hurting in their pockets and gas bill, you have to be a dumb rock to vote Democrat and for the same people. Trump beats Biden and Kamala today, tomorrow and in 2024.
Wanna bet?

I want the looney Democrats out as much as anyone, but I know Trump is not the path to do that.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:31 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
I'm sure Michigan is hurting badly under a Democrat governor and President. If you want to keep voting personalities over policies just don't come crying why Michigan is so messed up. Your state made their bed.
No one I know in MI is "hurting", badly or otherwise, "under a Democrat governor and President". So, don't worry, you won't be hearing from me.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:46 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No one I know in MI is "hurting", badly or otherwise, "under a Democrat governor and President". So, don't worry, you won't be hearing from me.
then keep voting Democrat and stick your head in the sand.

Study shows Michigan's economy still struggles to compete with other states
https://www.bridgemi.com/business-wa...e-other-states

Old 07-21-2022, 02:48 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,351,834 times
President Trump should get a different 1st Lady this time, Melania wasn't affectionate enough toward him.

Old 07-21-2022, 03:23 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
then keep voting Democrat and stick your head in the sand.

Study shows Michigan's economy still struggles to compete with other states
https://www.bridgemi.com/business-wa...e-other-states
From the opening of your article:

Michigan remains in the bottom half of states when it comes to economic growth despite 12 years of gains since the Great Recession, according to a study released Thursday by a nonprofit statewide business advocacy group...

We're doing OK, thanks for your concern.

Also, you realize the timeframe in question from your source - "since the Great Recession" includes the 8 years prior to Whitmer when we had a GOP Governor, right?

Old 07-21-2022, 04:11 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,426,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
*I asked if black people have many allies? Obviously you've twisted the text here. Very dishonest!

Many white people, including me, marched in support of Civil Rights. Many also supported Barack Obama. To suggest that this implies that we would all side against mainstream Americans in an actual black/white shooting war is delusional.

Undoubtedly there would be outliers on both sides. Intelligent black people would recognize the inevitable disaster that a civil war would cause and avoid it. Other ethnicities would likely remain neutral.

To believe that blacks will conjure up an army that will unseat the majority/U.S. government demonstrates faulty and simplistic thinking.

Perhaps you should re-think your lust for a civil war. Black America would be destroyed.

Recognizing the obvious does not make me a racist, it makes me a realist.

Sorry!
You have ASSumed a lot from what I said. To ASSume that I believe that blacks would conjure up an army that will unseat the majority/U.S. government demonstrates faulty and simplistic thinking. Did I say that? You ASSumed that.

This thread has again obviously stuck a nerve with you. To ASSume that somehow black people don't have allies, is the new talking point that you brought up.

I was just making an observation a prediction for what it is worth about Trump running again and getting re-elected, and what COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN. I never said you had to agree with me. But it surely has helped me get people participating on this thread. So keep it going. Maybe I will have over 10,000 views.

Unfortunately, the extremists who support Trump somehow think that Trump is truly in their corner, and he will make America Great again for them. I call that delusional. Most of them are residents of fly over states and barely educated.

The sad reality is Trump will become a disaster for the Republican party if he runs again. But that's another talking point.

I can agree with you that there would be outliers on both sides. Also, intelligent or non-intelligent people, for what it's worth, would have the COMMON SENSE to know that destroying our democracy, not accepting the results of an election could and would result in a violent transfer of power. There seems to be sore losers on both sides. Now Trump has made it ok for us not to have a peaceful transfer of power.

I'm a realist too, and unfortunately, you get off on trying to challenge black posters who say something that you don't like. Then, when we don't agree with you, you tell us how we are using the race card. Hummmmm?

I know a bigot when I read his or her comments. I have read your comments on other threads especially when you disagreed with black posters.

Speaking of outliers. I am one of those outliers. Let me prove it to you. I grew up in Compton, CA. My father was in my life. He owed two cleaners, one in Compton, and the other one in Watts.

I have two grown sons. My sons were raised in a two parent household. Yes, black people do get married and raise their kids. You could say we are truly an outlier black family living quite like the Huxtables LOL. My youngest son is an Airforce Reservist and a Software Engineer. My oldest son is an audio sound engineer/professional DJ/entrepreneur. They never got arrested, nor have I.

I don't know why you even reply to me because obviously I struck a nerve with you on another thread. Yes, I am going there, when I commented about my youngest son getting bullied when he was in elementary school, at a predominately white elementary school. You gave me the same bigoted response about me teaching my son to defend himself is violence when I clearly explained why we resorted to him defending himself. He didn't start the bullying nor was he able to defend himself because the teachers he went to IGNORED HIM. The kid kept hitting, and making him cry. So when he fought the kid back, the teacher noticed him fighting. Hummmm?

BTW just because you marched in the Civil Rights movement doesn't change the fact that you are bigoted,

Old 07-21-2022, 05:34 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
It may be laughable to you but it won't just be blacks who make up 12% of the country. You have a lot of brown people who would join in the battle.
Bro. Black folks barely own legal guns/artillery, hold much institutional power, or much economic power. Partaking in a full blown race war would be the dumbest decision we could ever make lol. And that's not even factoring in how many "Brown people" mostly care about protecting their own communities and generally wouldn't want to share that burden.

Btw, that Buffalo shooter killed all those Black folks at the grocery store and not much transpired out of that. Ditto for the Charleston mass shooting. Both of these were literal racially motivated mass shootings that killed Black people and no "race war" happened.

So, I have a hard time believing that Trump's election could result in something like that, especially since Trump himself condemned those types of attacks a long time ago and disavowed David Duke's endorsement of him.

You're getting too paranoid my man. You need to get off the Internet and smell the roses. A race war is the last thing on the average Joe's mind right now in contrast to the economy, inflation, gas prices, wars, illnesses, media bias, social issues, etc.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:57 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
You have ASSumed a lot from what I said. To ASSume that I believe that blacks would conjure up an army that will unseat the majority/U.S. government demonstrates faulty and simplistic thinking. Did I say that? You ASSumed that.

This thread has again obviously stuck a nerve with you. To ASSume that somehow black people don't have allies, is the new talking point that you brought up.

I was just making an observation a prediction for what it is worth about Trump running again and getting re-elected, and what COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN. I never said you had to agree with me. But it surely has helped me get people participating on this thread. So keep it going. Maybe I will have over 10,000 views.

Unfortunately, the extremists who support Trump somehow think that Trump is truly in their corner, and he will make America Great again for them. I call that delusional. Most of them are residents of fly over states and barely educated.

The sad reality is Trump will become a disaster for the Republican party if he runs again. But that's another talking point.

I can agree with you that there would be outliers on both sides. Also, intelligent or non-intelligent people, for what it's worth, would have the COMMON SENSE to know that destroying our democracy, not accepting the results of an election could and would result in a violent transfer of power. There seems to be sore losers on both sides. Now Trump has made it ok for us not to have a peaceful transfer of power.

I'm a realist too, and unfortunately, you get off on trying to challenge black posters who say something that you don't like. Then, when we don't agree with you, you tell us how we are using the race card. Hummmmm?

I know a bigot when I read his or her comments. I have read your comments on other threads especially when you disagreed with black posters.

Speaking of outliers. I am one of those outliers. Let me prove it to you. I grew up in Compton, CA. My father was in my life. He owed two cleaners, one in Compton, and the other one in Watts.

I have two grown sons. My sons were raised in a two parent household. Yes, black people do get married and raise their kids. You could say we are truly an outlier black family living quite like the Huxtables LOL. My youngest son is an Airforce Reservist and a Software Engineer. My oldest son is an audio sound engineer/professional DJ/entrepreneur. They never got arrested, nor have I.

I don't know why you even reply to me because obviously I struck a nerve with you on another thread. Yes, I am going there, when I commented about my youngest son getting bullied when he was in elementary school, at a predominately white elementary school. You gave me the same bigoted response about me teaching my son to defend himself is violence when I clearly explained why we resorted to him defending himself. He didn't start the bullying nor was he able to defend himself because the teachers he went to IGNORED HIM. The kid kept hitting, and making him cry. So when he fought the kid back, the teacher noticed him fighting. Hummmm?

BTW just because you marched in the Civil Rights movement doesn't change the fact that you are bigoted,
All of your silly "ASSume" insults violate the TOS, but then, you know that. Point out one time that I made a similar insult to you. Hint: There aren't any. If I made them, CD's resident snitch would have reported it immediately. You, of course, got a pass, and that merely demonstrates his level of credibility.

*I am not a Trump supporter and hope he doesn't run again. Either way, it will not result in a civil war. This is beyond foolish. America will not be destroyed either. Sorry!

I reply to any posts that catch my interest, such as your ridiculous OP. They come from people of every race. When I point out nonsense like yours, you should be able to defend your position without leaning on a race card. It demonstrates an inability to support your assertions!

I didn't recall the post about your son. I remember it now. You are the teacher who encouraged his son to fistfight. As if there is no other way to deal with the issue. Weak!

It sounds like you have a good life. I sure do and enjoy my time on CD!

Since you obviously resent my words, try listening to GuitarHero45 (above). He knows exactly what I tried to convey.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 07-21-2022 at 07:11 PM..

Old 07-21-2022, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
From the opening of your article:

Michigan remains in the bottom half of states when it comes to economic growth despite 12 years of gains since the Great Recession, according to a study released Thursday by a nonprofit statewide business advocacy group...

We're doing OK, thanks for your concern.

Also, you realize the timeframe in question from your source - "since the Great Recession" includes the 8 years prior to Whitmer when we had a GOP Governor, right?

If you say so, keep voting Democrat. Michigan has a Democrat governor, 2 U.S. Senators Democrat with a Democrat President. I'm sure you are looking forward for it.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:18 PM

NEW: @QuinnipiacPoll

Biden Job Approval Approve 31% Disapprove 60%
Independents Approve 23% Disapprove 67%
Hispanics Approve 19% Disapprove 70%

and Kamala numbers are worse. Time for Adam Schiff to start leaking more. They can't kill Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections