Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2022, 11:38 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times

Advertisements

Sedition is a lot more serious than a 'wong'.
Why lump an entire party into defending one really bad guy's crimes?
The entire Republican Party wasn't seditious. The only ones who need imprisonment are the offenders.

Claiming an entire party should be in prison is a wong on your part.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:08 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Doubtful. Hispanics are fleeing the Democrats in droves.
Most of the movement so far has been among Hispanic Protestants, who don’t represent a majority of Hispanics, but certainly are a factor in South Florida, in particular.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1664...no-voters-2022

https://storylines.substack.com/p/co...mong-hispanics

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ublican-party/

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-29-2022 at 07:44 AM..

Old 07-29-2022, 11:00 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
So in my opinion it’s time to divide this country or yes, we are going to have some kind of Civil War. I travel to every nook and cranny of this country in the business I do. And I can tell you firsthand, people are ready, they’re just waiting for the right spark at the right time. They’re absolutely fed up with the left.
I'm flummoxed -- and quite dismayed -- by the ongoing advocacy for civil war and dividing the country. I guess patriotism and love of country are nothing more than hollow sentiment for some folks.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:00 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm flummoxed -- and quite dismayed -- by the ongoing advocacy for civil war and dividing the country. I guess patriotism and love of country are nothing more than hollow sentiment for some folks.
LOL. I’m surprised you’re surprised.

The type of politicians you support are primarily responsible for this, btw. The ones who hate our country and view it as deeply flawed and in need of major transformation. The ones who want to encourage our children to explore gender and possibly transitioning at a young age and will excitedly help our children get access to puberty blockers without parental knowledge. The ones who encourage division along racial lines and advocate for reparations, even though those of us here today had nothing to do with slavery (which yes, was a dark time in our country). The ones who hate any type of wealth or achievement and favor collectivism over individualism. The ones who want to invade our everyday lives and ban things like gas stoves, because they believe that gas appliances are a major source of “climate change.” The ones who are taking away the ability for me to buy the kind of car I want to buy after 2030-2035.

And they think the rest of us should just sit down, shut up, and accept it.

So yeah, I’d say at this point we’re pretty incompatible.

While I don’t advocate for civil war, I’m more open minded toward the country splitting than I had been in the past.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:17 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,724,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
LOL. I’m surprised you’re surprised.

The type of politicians you support are primarily responsible for this, btw. The ones who hate our country and view it as deeply flawed and in need of major transformation. The ones who want to encourage our children to explore gender and possibly transitioning at a young age and will excitedly help our children get access to puberty blockers without parental knowledge. The ones who encourage division along racial lines and advocate for reparations, even though those of us here today had nothing to do with slavery (which yes, was a dark time in our country). The ones who hate any type of wealth or achievement and favor collectivism over individualism. The ones who want to invade our everyday lives and ban things like gas stoves, because they believe that gas appliances are a major source of “climate change.” The ones who are taking away the ability for me to buy the kind of car I want to buy after 2030-2035.

And they think the rest of us should just sit down, shut up, and accept it.

While I don’t advocate for civil war, I’m more open minded toward the country splitting than I had been in the past.
Excellent post - wish I could rep you again.

America is very sick....and most who are spreading the disease are lost and incurable. Splitting may indeed be the sole path to the maintenance of freedom.

No Constitution was or ever will be written than can address the mass suicide that surrounds us today. We just have to put some distance between it and us.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:17 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:

Most comes from 1 party. Our country is racists and our police are ought there killing black people for fun. The list is long and now some in the same party are surprised?

Old 07-29-2022, 09:03 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,435,284 times
Quote:
Democrats have divided the country so bad there is only one way out.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:28 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Democrats have divided the country so bad there is only one way out.
Hari-kari?

Old 07-30-2022, 02:00 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post

Wrong again. The extremist wings of both parties are incompatible. The center in both parties pretty much want the same thing. So which end of the conservative party do those who advocate for dissolution and/or civil war fall under?

Old 07-31-2022, 12:24 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times
Quote:
Wrong again. The extremist wings of both parties are incompatible. The center in both parties pretty much want the same thing. So which end of the conservative party do those who advocate for dissolution and/or civil war fall under?
No, I’m correct. You might see the items I listed as examples of leftist extremism, but every single thing I mentioned is actually happening today and enabled by the politicians and party that you happily support.

So I see it this way: maybe the center can agree on things, but the “center” isn’t doing a damn thing. I don’t want to live in a leftist utopia, so I’m more open minded toward dissolution as a solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections