Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 11:00 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Does the name John McCain ring a bell? "He`s a war hero because he was captured, I like people who weren`t captured". Don`t feel bad, I have a friend who is a retired high school teacher and he didn`t know what Google was until I told him. Consider yourself, enlightened.

https://www.boston.com/news/untagged...rent-captured/
Trumps criticism of mccain was dead on.
McCain -- Did He Show the Right Stuff?

Mccain was a rule breaker who destroyed THREE aircraft before he even got to the fleet. He got shot down because he ignored SOP. He was injured because he ignored SOP. He put others lives at risk because of it. His time in captivity was merely self preservation, and he did nothing to help the war effort.

Hero? Hardly. I spent 4 years in an actively deployed fighter squadron on USS Coral Sea, working hands on wrenching F-4 phantoms. I dont make such a criticism lightly. Read the link provided.

I know exactly what Trump said, what I didnt know was how that equated to bashing US POWs. He criticized one man who people wrongfully consider a hero when all he was was a screw up and a crooked politician. Another swamp monster against Trump.

Old 08-10-2022, 02:06 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
He'll run but should hold off on announcing. Keep them guessing might be the best play now.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Trump trashed McCain just like you Democrats did in 2008. Saying you are trashing all POWS because of 1 person is like saying exposing how dumb Joy Behar is everyday is an attack on all women.
I actually voted McCain in 2008, what now?

Old 08-10-2022, 04:43 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I actually voted McCain in 2008, what now?

You want lefty policies but voted for McCain? ok.

Old 08-10-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
You want lefty policies but voted for McCain? ok.
I didn't vote Obama either time, just couldn't fully agree policy-wise. Trump policy is complete and utter BS on the otherhand. At least with McCain and Romney, they weren't far right authoritarians. They actually were middle ground. Hell, Romney was right about Russia.

Old 08-10-2022, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I didn't vote Obama either time, just couldn't fully agree policy-wise. Trump policy is complete and utter BS on the otherhand. At least with McCain and Romney, they weren't far right authoritarians. They actually were middle ground. Hell, Romney was right about Russia.

far right authoritarians like endless wars and endless occupations? Funny, McCain and Romney were for that. So Romney was right about Russia while in bed with China? how is that being "right"?????

So you are a Bush Republican and you want the party to return to that. O.k. that explains your posts but you want Democrats in Arizona to win? You are all over the place.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:03 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
He'll run but should hold off on announcing. Keep them guessing might be the best play now.
Guessing when Trump will be arrested? Trump's already mounting a public defense by accusing the FBI of planting evidence. Running again is on the back burner right now.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:11 PM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Guessing when Trump will be arrested? Trump's already mounting a public defense by accusing the FBI of planting evidence. Running again is on the back burner right now.
FBI have always been scum, and if they find anything, it will be planted by them. And Trump is going to have a field day destroying the FBI once and for all!

Old 08-10-2022, 06:28 PM

Quote:
far right authoritarians like endless wars and endless occupations? Funny, McCain and Romney were for that. So Romney was right about Russia while in bed with China? how is that being "right"?????

So you are a Bush Republican and you want the party to return to that. O.k. that explains your posts but you want Democrats in Arizona to win? You are all over the place.
Arizona Republicans are far right like Trump is and believe the big lie.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Arizona Republicans are far right like Trump is and believe the big lie.

they believed the super big lie when they voted for Bush, McCain and Romney. You did. Now you want Democrats to win in Arizona, so it isn't really about telling the truth, isn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections