Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 06:45 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times

Advertisements

He may run, but he most certainly won't win.

Republicans nominating Trump is Republicans ensuring a Democrat victory.

Bookmark this post. Never underestimate Republican's ability to snatch defeat from certain victory.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:57 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

Bookmark this post. Never underestimate Republican's ability to snatch defeat from certain victory.

I disagree. He has 25 states right now in his pocket and only needs 3 States that he lost in 2020 by 0.5% average. You keep forgetting that the other said has Biden or Kamala and a bad economy.

You want to put your money on Biden or Kamala?

Old 08-10-2022, 07:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
they believed the super big lie when they voted for Bush, McCain and Romney. You did. Now you want Democrats to win in Arizona, so it isn't really about telling the truth, isn't?
Sorry but I believe in the idea our voice shouldn't be overturned just because Republicans don't like the results. I have only once voted a candidate who won the electoral votes. Even with Trump I accepted the vote and hoped for the best. The best never came. Why do Republicans not accept the results.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Sorry but I believe in the idea our voice shouldn't be overturned just because Republicans don't like the results. I have only once voted a candidate who won the electoral votes. Even with Trump I accepted the vote and hoped for the best. The best never came. Why do Republicans not accept the results.

So Democrats can question elections, voting I.D., Police and our system but you have NO problem voting for them. You made that clear.

Republicans accepted the results, they are looking forward for 2022 and 2024. It's Democrats and anti-Trumps like you that bring it up everyday with double standards of course. I find it funny.

You don't mind the lies in government, you proved that by voting for W Bush/Cheney, McCain, Romney, Hillary and Biden. You care who the lies are coming from, personalities.

If you voted for Hillary and Biden, you really have no moral ground to lecture anybody. That's the way I see it but it's a free country.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 08-11-2022 at 12:39 AM..

Old 08-11-2022, 09:46 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Arizona Republicans are far right like Trump is and believe the big lie.
That really trumps everything else - all policy positions by any Republican or Democrat on any issue or pending legislation or defense decision.

Anyone who believes the Big Lie, or knows it is false and promotes it anyway, is an immediate threat to our Republic. They are giving a thumbs up to the trashing of the Constitution and are showing their willingness to subvert our election system and move us further toward an one-party authoritarian state.

Up until Trump, every President both Democrat and Republican understood the importance of a peaceful transition of power, once an election had been certified. Trump was the first to violate the public's trust by pretending that the 2020 election was "rigged" or "fraudulent", but he won't be the last. This is a familiar tactic used by autocrats and despots the world over, it's nothing new.

Trump knows he must get Big Lie believers (or nod-and-a-wink promoters) into governorships and election officials everywhere possible. He understands well that it will be very difficult for him to be elected without a way to distort or falsify results in key states - up to and including hand-picked Big Lie electors. It doesn't take a PhD in political science or a historian to understand the strategy. We get it.

Old 08-11-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That really trumps everything else - all policy positions by any Republican or Democrat on any issue or pending legislation or defense decision.

Anyone who believes the Big Lie, or knows it is false and promotes it anyway, is an immediate threat to our Republic. They are giving a thumbs up to the trashing of the Constitution and are showing their willingness to subvert our election system and move us further toward an one-party authoritarian state.

Up until Trump, every President both Democrat and Republican understood the importance of a peaceful transition of power, once an election had been certified. Trump was the first to violate the public's trust by pretending that the 2020 election was "rigged" or "fraudulent", but he won't be the last. This is a familiar tactic used by autocrats and despots the world over, it's nothing new.

Trump knows he must get Big Lie believers (or nod-and-a-wink promoters) into governorships and election officials everywhere possible. He understands well that it will be very difficult for him to be elected without a way to distort or falsify results in key states - up to and including hand-picked Big Lie electors. It doesn't take a PhD in political science or a historian to understand the strategy. We get it.
Another TDS alert!!! We get it, the BIG HYPOCRICY and Selective outrage. ^^^^ from the people that voted for W Bush/Cheney/Obama/Biden/Hillary lecturing the public about the truth and peace and democracy.

I know crack is whack but damn! You lie the country for years to go to war and torture and that earns you the right to be in government forever ? lying about massive illegal spying and that earns you the right to be in government? Thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-11-2022, 10:24 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Another TDS alert!!! We get it, the BIG HYPOCRICY and Selective outrage. ^^^^ from the people that voted for W Bush/Cheney/Obama/Biden/Hillary lecturing the public about the truth and peace and democracy.

I know crack is whack but damn! You lie the country for years to go to war and torture and that earns you the right to be in government forever ? lying about massive illegal spying and that earns you the right to be in government? Thanks for the laugh.
You have convinced us that you believe all of these things without question, you've repeated them here many times. Reality is that nothing that gets posted in this forum or on Twitter or Facebook or Reddit or the "Truth" Social is likely to change anyone's mind at this point. It's just a way of firing word salvos at an anonymous enemy.

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. My prediction is that in 2024 or 2028 we will elect either Donald Trump or his successor (or they will ascend to power via coup), and that will seal the deal for the USA. If Trump has a second term he will complete the job of getting Federal police forces and the DOJ and the DOD under his full control. He already has the SCOTUS. And then of course, we are finished as a free country. The US will become the most powerful one-party police state in modern history. It will make Russia and China look pale and weak in comparison.

For those that pledge fealty, there may be a place at the king's table. Personally I doubt it. I think they will throw the peons under the bus once they have lost their usefulness. That's how it usually works.

Old 08-11-2022, 10:36 AM

588 posts, read 225,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

I don't believe he will win either. Trump energizes the other side more than any presidential candidate in the history of our elections. Brandon and Kamalatoe getting 80M+ freaking votes proves this.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:19 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Democrats are hoping Donald Trump will run!

Old 08-11-2022, 11:19 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
So Democrats can question elections, voting I.D., Police and our system but you have NO problem voting for them. You made that clear.

Republicans accepted the results, they are looking forward for 2022 and 2024. It's Democrats and anti-Trumps like you that bring it up everyday with double standards of course. I find it funny.

You don't mind the lies in government, you proved that by voting for W Bush/Cheney, McCain, Romney, Hillary and Biden. You care who the lies are coming from, personalities.

If you voted for Hillary and Biden, you really have no moral ground to lecture anybody. That's the way I see it but it's a free country.

Nope.

Being anti-Trump doesn't make anyone nor require being a Democrat nor a voter/supporter of any of those people you listed and I bolded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections