Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2022, 10:40 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times

Advertisements

Democrats would love for y’all to make trump the gop nominee

Old 08-12-2022, 10:43 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Democrats would love for y’all to make trump the gop nominee
beware of what you wish for. You have "weekend at Bernies" as your candidate and Kamala with worse numbers.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:08 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
No. Biden and Kamala are hated. Trump is just hated more with voters that are squishy and Trump will motivate Democrats to vote more than any other candidate will.

Why not just take the easy win by nominating just about any other Republican? Why risk it with Trump?
Most would say its because Trump accomplished so much the 1st time, even with half his own party resisting his efforts, and the Dems and the media pounding him relentlessly...& he still accomplished a lot, and kept many campaign promises:

https://www.mcleancountyrepublicans....ccomplishments

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...complishments/

https://www.gadsdentimes.com/story/o...ts/3671585001/

Trump is also still considered an outsider...not part of the DC establishment, and most HATE the DC establishment. Approval ratings for all things DC and Media are near all time lows.

Trump still polls as the most popular Republican Presidential hopeful, besting DeSantis clearly nearly every time. Trump also beats Biden in the polls (if you believe polls).

I prefer Paul, or DeSantis because Trump is a proven 'UGE spender, agreeing to Trillions more in deficit spending, but I know how the Trumpsters think, which is why I answered your query "why take a chance on Trump?"

Old 08-12-2022, 11:14 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Most would say its because Trump accomplished so much the 1st time, even with half his own party resisting his efforts, and the Dems and the media pounding him relentlessly...& he still accomplished a lot, and kept many campaign promises:

https://www.mcleancountyrepublicans....ccomplishments

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...complishments/

https://www.gadsdentimes.com/story/o...ts/3671585001/

Trump is also still considered an outsider...not part of the DC establishment, and most HATE the DC establishment. Approval ratings for all things DC and Media are near all time lows.

Trump still polls as the most popular Republican Presidential hopeful, besting DeSantis clearly nearly every time. Trump also beats Biden in the polls (if you believe polls).

I prefer Paul, or DeSantis because Trump is a proven 'UGE spender, agreeing to Trillions more in deficit spending, but I know how the Trumpsters think, which is why I answered your query "why take a chance on Trump?"
Agreed, Trump's first term might be considered the most successful (even with the non-stop witchhunts) in history. He also created the best economy in the nations economy, until covid dampened it. Trump is polling at a 99% approval rating within his own party, which the highest approval rating of any potential candidate in their own party within history.

I love DeSantis also, but Trump still has to finish off what was started. Would love to see DeSantis as VP, and run in 2028.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:10 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkfgg View Post
Trump to finish what he started but I don't think DeSantis wants VP spot. We'll see.
Yes, it would be nice if he finished the Trump Health Plan, originally promised for January 20, 2017. And the Trump Infrastructure Plan, the Trump Merit-Based Immigration Plan, and the Trump Deficit Reduction Plan. Except I'm not sure he ever really started any of those. Too busy watching cable news and talking to Sean and Tucker on the phone.

He had sort of a "let's not and say we did" approach to governing. Like the Wall, for example, which he never built.

"Finish what he started" has a nice ring to it, though.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:11 PM

588 posts, read 225,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkfgg View Post
Trump to finish what he started but I don't think DeSantis wants VP spot. We'll see.
I agree. Can't see DeSantis being anyone's VP, especially Trumps.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:24 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Yes, it would be nice if he finished the Trump Health Plan, originally promised for January 20, 2017. And the Trump Infrastructure Plan, the Trump Merit-Based Immigration Plan, and the Trump Deficit Reduction Plan. Except I'm not sure he ever really started any of those. Too busy watching cable news and talking to Sean and Tucker on the phone.

He had sort of a "let's not and say we did" approach to governing. Like the Wall, for example, which he never built.

"Finish what he started" has a nice ring to it, though.

A second term Trump administration would be nothing more than a revenge tour. He would spend all of his time coming after all of those who he deemed crossed him.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
A second term Trump administration would be nothing more than a revenge tour. He would spend all of his time coming after all of those who he deemed crossed him.

You mean like Democrats have treated him since he won in 2016. Amazing, how now the Democrats play the victim if they lose in 2024.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:08 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
That is not what the polls say or Las Vegas money odds. That's your feelings talking. If another Republican can beat Trump in the primary I will support him or her but to think if that person loses big in the primary but can win the general is TDS on wishful thinking.
Let me ask you this. If Trump runs and wins the nomination, but loses in the general, will you admit Trump lost or will you claim election fraud? Claiming election fraud is what BOTH parties have done over the last couple elections. They can't admit their side lost.

I ask this seriously as someone who wants the Democrats out, but I see (IMO) some Republicans treating Trump like a God and can't see reality for what it is.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Let me ask you this. If Trump runs and wins the nomination, but loses in the general, will you admit Trump lost or will you claim election fraud?

I ask this seriously as someone who wants the Democrats out, but I see (IMO) some Republicans treating Trump like a God and can't see reality for what it is.

I know your TDS makes you blind to the facts on the ground. If Trump wins the nomination then he has the right to run in the general to face Biden or Kamala. If he loses he loses but if he wins are you jumping on the Democrat bandwagon with a Russian hoax 2 and impeachment 3 for breathing?

You vote for who you want in the primary but if Trump wins you can either stay home or vote for Biden or Kamala in secret in the general.

You want Trump out of the party, then you beat him in a 50 state primary. If you can't, I suggest you deal with it because if a candidate can't beat Trump in a primary, they are not winning in the general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections