Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 02:30 PM

880 posts, read 565,389 times

Advertisements

DeSantis is hated as much as Trump is among politically aware Democrats... he's just less well-known to everyone else that doesn't follow the 24/7 news drama.

Right now, Trump dominates DeSantis in early polling... considering that neither of them have stated that they're running (though everyone knows Trump is running, but he cannot yet announce due to tax and campaign finance reasons).

I'm of agreement to the OP... I think Trump soundly wins the primary. There are a lot of people I know that don't like Trump... but they absolutely will vote for him in the General election.

Everyone will be watching the debates, and Trump has the ability to somewhat reinvent himself. For the most part, being off social media has allowed him to think twice before he says something that might overwhelmingly upset people.

Old 08-15-2022, 02:50 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
PredicIt shows DeSantis beating Trump in primary.

Prediction market says Ron DeSantis ‘leads’ 2024 race

Old 08-15-2022, 03:17 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Can he if he is in prison, or dead from a heart attack.

Old 08-15-2022, 03:17 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,039,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

As a democrat I would much rather Trump run than Desantis. Trump would lose again while Desantis would be a very tough out.

Old 08-15-2022, 04:07 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
As a democrat I would much rather Trump run than Desantis. Trump would lose again while Desantis would be a very tough out.
Exactly. This is what I'm trying to tell Republicans, but they are too caught up in their veneration of Trump. Reminds me of the way Democrats fawned over Obama.

Some of these Republicans are more focused on Trump running and winning again than they are of ensuring they nominate the person most likely to gain as many votes as possible while limited Democrat's urge to vote at the same time.

It's like this. You can take door number one (DeSantis) which we will let you know contains a billion dollars or you can take door number two (Trump) and we won't tell you what might be behind it. Some of these Republicans are passing on the gift of one billion dollars in hopes that door number two will be even better, while it may just be a lump of orange coal.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:16 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,039,451 times
Quote:
Exactly. This is what I'm trying to tell Republicans, but they are too caught up in their veneration of Trump. Reminds me of the way Democrats fawned over Obama.

Some of these Republicans are more focused on Trump running and winning again than they are of ensuring they nominate the person most likely to gain as many votes as possible while limited Democrat's urge to vote at the same time.

It's like this. You can take door number one (DeSantis) which we will let you know contains a billion dollars or you can take door number two (Trump) and we won't tell you what might be behind it. Some of these Republicans are passing on the gift of one billion dollars in hopes that door number two will be even better, while it may just be a lump of orange coal.

Trump won the white house and then lost he house, senate and 2nd term. His approval rating never sniffed 50% his entire time in office. No other president has accomplished this feat. I would more than happy to see him run again. Trumpie logic fails because they never consider independents who are the ones who select presidents and a cult like base.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:47 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,187,389 times
If Trump runs in 2024 I doubt he will win. He might win the primary due to certain people screwing with him making him think he has a chance but actually win the POTUS election nope I don't see it.

He ticked off to many people. I would be very surprised if he won a primary debate with DeSantis let alone the Presidency. But we don't know what will happen. No one knows if he or any of them will be alive tomorrow so I won't worry I will let Liz Cheney and Pelosi have a heart attack worrying about how to screw him.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:29 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
if you want to sell DeSantis then he has to win a 50 state primary. Why you are betting your house on a guy that barely beat Gillum in his state by 0.4%. If DeSantis is the real deal then he would beat Trump easily, so why do you keep selling him? You think the GOP establishment will control him?

My money is on Trump to win the primary and beat Biden or Kamala in the general.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:30 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejeim View Post
Trump would be a gift for Democrats.
Is that why the Democrats don't want him to run. Weird way of acting like it.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:36 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Quote:

That's a great website. Too bad the CFTC is shutting them down, effectively pulling the plug next February.

https://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/8567-22
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections