Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 01:10 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
If that were the case Dems wouldn’t still be on their 5+ year goosechase and would be promoting him to run.
It doesn't matter at all what the Democrats do right now.
If Trump runs in 2024, he loses again.

Old 07-17-2022, 01:40 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It doesn't matter at all what the Democrats do right now.
If Trump runs in 2024, he loses again.
Quite the assumption, and they obviously don’t agree with you or they wouldn’t be doing anything and everything they can to keep that from happening.

Old 07-17-2022, 02:10 PM

491 posts, read 395,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I don't see this at all. He was exercising his rights to complain about an injustice. It used to be called civil disobedience. Did he want people to get a little loud about it? Yes... but it was in no way an "insurrection". A real "insurrection" would not have been put down by the "capitol police".

In any event... I do not want Trump to run and, if he does, I will be very conflicted about voting for him. Why?

- He is too old. I wouldn't trust someone his age to stay home alone for more than 24 hours... never mind be the leader of the free world.
- He did not do what he could have done during his last round. He hired nothing but RINOS.. and appointed nothing but RINOS. I expected him to ramp up illegal enforcement instead he actually did less than Obama. He wants to be liked. He talks a game.
- He is the worst of all worlds...drives people mad, but then doesn't actually do what he says. I can't go back to the bad old days of ***** hat revolts. I saw good people act insane when Trump was president. I can't go back to that.
- I don't trust him on foreign policy. He had good people to advise him before, now, they don't want to work with him. He will be doing things without good advice. Just what we need at this moment in time.
- I am so tired of his constant claims about winning the election. Dude you lost. Now was there some cheating.. probably. is it good to point out how our elections are not safe? Yes.. but the man is obsessed. That tells me his ego is running his life and I don't want his ego running my country.
Are you for real? What injustice? There was no injustice and many court rulings later came to confirm this. Was/is there voter fraud out here? Of course there is and both sides are guilty of it at times. But nothing on the scale that Trump was trying to convince others of. As soon as everyone stops believing this the sooner we can move on. I won't even go down that discussion of the insurrection. You know, the one that happened on Jan. 6. The one in which Trump plays a huge role in.

Old 07-17-2022, 02:12 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
If Trump runs again, he will lose again.
Money says NO. You Democrats live in a bubble of denial how low Biden and Kamala have gone since 2020. Trump beats them both today and the economy is getting worse.

Democrats think they have a young JFK or Obama running in 2024. They have senile Biden or giggles Kamala and a very bad economy. Why would Trump pass the opportunity to get his last laugh? Trump fights back.

Old 07-17-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryfreak View Post
You know, the one that happened on Jan. 6. The one in which Trump plays a huge role in.

Well, We know for sure it wasn't 9/11, Pearl Harbor or Iwo Jima. These liars are the clowns behind the Russian hoax, Kavanaugh sexual crimes of the century circus and the 2 impeachments. Democrats treat people like mushrooms, feed them B.S. and keep them in the dark.

Trump just plays the same game Democrats played on him. Save us the drama and better tell Adam Schiff to just start leaking 3 times a day because the show isn't working.

Old 07-17-2022, 04:45 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Yeah, We heard the same thing in 2016. More wishful thinking. The base will decide the primary with who has the better platform and who can fight the most for that platform

Whoever wins in the GOP beats senile Biden or Kamala.
16% of Republicans in recent polling say that if Trump runs they will either vote for the Democrat, or not vote at all.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
16% of Republicans in recent polling say that if Trump runs they will either vote for the Democrat, or not vote at all.

64% of Democrats don't want Biden to run in 2024 and Kamala's approval is at 38%. Somebody needs remedial math. That's good numbers for Trump and not so much for the people in power.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:36 PM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Quote:
If Trump runs again, he will lose again.
If that were the case Dems wouldn’t still be on their 5+ year goosechase and would be promoting him to run.

Hashtag Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Well, We know for sure it wasn't 9/11, Pearl Harbor or Iwo Jima. These liars are the clowns behind the Russian hoax, Kavanaugh sexual crimes of the century circus and the 2 impeachments. Democrats treat people like mushrooms, feed them B.S. and keep them in the dark.

Trump just plays the same game Democrats played on him. Save us the drama and better tell Adam Schiff to just start leaking 3 times a day because the show isn't working.
First of all, 2020 Summer of Love/Mostly Peaceful Riots-er Protesting is was and always will be >> January 6th.

Oh by the way, what was Jan 6th all about AOC? D.C. Cops! She threw her party under the bus, gotta love her Pelosi hatred.

Next, while the idiot democrat party, Mainstream Media, FBI, CIA, DOJ, EPA, IRS etc goes after tWump , they have to deal with Hunter, Inflation, Economy, Petro prices, Diesel prices, China controlled eCars, wind turbine and other Green energy supplies, food supplies, auto maker chips, the Biden Border Crisis, Putin's-Craine, North Korea, Iran, and ultimately, China.

Oh, and Biden's brain.

Y'all should be begging for Trump and in time, Trump you will get.

Deep down, the media are begging for his return. They have no real material other than to eat their own.

Last edited by McGowdog; 07-17-2022 at 06:48 PM..

Old 07-17-2022, 07:32 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
If the Republicans want to win in 2024 they will nominate someone other than Trump. I would say any of the following would win against Biden and/or Harris: Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, Ron Desantis and/or Kristi Noem and a bunch of other R folks, Trump is NOT ONE OF THEM. I am an independent that is strongly leaning toward voting Republican in 2024, but I will be paying attention (obviously) to the candidate offered up. I will not vote for Trump. Every single independent voter is different (by definition) but I think the Republican Party may be fundamentally and fatally underestimating the amount of support Trump has among independents. As I have stated more times than I think I can count, if the D and R parties are tempted to nominate Biden and Trump, respectively, the win will go to the party that realizes its folly and nominated someone else. I really think it's that simple.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:10 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
If the Republicans want to win in 2024 they will nominate someone other than Trump. I would say any of the following would win against Biden and/or Harris: Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, Ron Desantis and/or Kristi Noem and a bunch of other R folks, Trump is NOT ONE OF THEM. I am an independent that is strongly leaning toward voting Republican in 2024, but I will be paying attention (obviously) to the candidate offered up. I will not vote for Trump. Every single independent voter is different (by definition) but I think the Republican Party may be fundamentally and fatally underestimating the amount of support Trump has among independents. As I have stated more times than I think I can count, if the D and R parties are tempted to nominate Biden and Trump, respectively, the win will go to the party that realizes its folly and nominated someone else. I really think it's that simple.
And in 2016, 8 million votes went 3rd party. Neither Trump nor Clinton were good candidates. Trump was the defacto electoral college winner. Enough votes in the right states to win. Still nearly 3 million less overall votes than Clinton who was an absolutely terrible candidate. Trump got 47% percent of the overall vote in 2016 and 47% of the overall vote in 2020. There were no stolen elections and trump was not loved by a majority of voters. Additionally 7 out of the last 8 presidential elections the R got less overall votes than the D’s. Our system is setup for losers and less popular candidates to win. That’s just how it is.

We let land vote in our elections. That’s the way it always has been.

Independents help decide elections for sure. The best candidate for the R would be Adam Kinzinger in 2024.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections