Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 08:13 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
And in 2016, 8 million votes went 3rd party. Neither Trump nor Clinton were good candidates. Trump was the defacto electoral college winner. Enough votes in the right states to win. Still nearly 3 million less overall votes than Clinton who was an absolutely terrible candidate. Trump got 47% percent of the overall vote in 2016 and 47% of the overall vote in 2020. There were no stolen elections and trump was not loved by a majority of voters. Additionally 7 out of the last 8 presidential elections the R got less overall votes than the D’s. Our system is setup for losers and less popular candidates to win. That’s just how it is.

We let land vote in our elections. That’s the way it always has been.

Independents help decide elections for sure. The best candidate for the R would be Adam Kinzinger in 2024.
Dems are scared to death of because Trump running again. Folks have realized the consequences of voting against him hence his approval ratings continuing to plummet. DeSantis would also be fabulous…and for those who are so confident in who’s going to win. https://www.oddschecker.com/us/polit...on-2024/winner

Old 07-17-2022, 08:17 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Dems are scared to death of because Trump running again. Folks have realized the consequences of voting against him hence his approval ratings continuing to plummet. DeSantis would also be fabulous…and for those who are so confident in who’s going to win. https://www.oddschecker.com/us/polit...on-2024/winner
Oh yeah links to him running again?

Old 07-17-2022, 08:25 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Quite the assumption, and they obviously don’t agree with you or they wouldn’t be doing anything and everything they can to keep that from happening.
"They" meaning the Democrats?
If that's who 'they' is, the Democrats don't need to do anything.

All they need is for Trump to run again and 2024 is in the bag for them.

All the Democrats have to do is just stand back and allow Trump to make so many unforced errors he loses the election by himself. Just like he did in 2020. Biden won by allowing Trump all the room he needed to screw things up for himself.

Since the topic is an opinion Trump will run again and win, my response is directed to that.

The real belief I have is Trump will not run again. Nor will Joe Biden. I firmly believe Americans are now sick and tired of electing too-old Presidents.

I'll freely admit I can be wrong, but since the topic is nothing but opinions, I posted mine.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah links to him running again?
Who said he was running again?

Old 07-17-2022, 08:28 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
The best candidate for the R would be Adam Kinzinger in 2024.

You had a decent post until your last line. Why you do that? that's not right. Comedy taken too far.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
"They" meaning the Democrats?
If that's who 'they' is, the Democrats don't need to do anything.

All they need is for Trump to run again and 2024 is in the bag for them.

All the Democrats have to do is just stand back and allow Trump to make so many unforced errors he loses the election by himself. Just like he did in 2020. Biden won by allowing Trump all the room he needed to screw things up for himself.

Since the topic is an opinion Trump will run again and win, my response is directed to that.

The real belief I have is Trump will not run again. Nor will Joe Biden. I firmly believe Americans are now sick and tired of electing too-old Presidents.

I'll freely admit I can be wrong, but since the topic is nothing but opinions, I posted mine.
Obviously the Democrats.

Sleepy Joe won because because Trump hurt folks feelings, made mean tweets, and Sleepy Joe promised more free stuff…and with the countless debacles and plummeting approval ratings, it’s obvious many regret their decision.

Lol. If this was the case Dems wouldn’t be on the goosechase to get him for the last 5+ years. They’d let him campaign in peace and prop him up. Instead, they’re doing everything they can to keep it from happening.

You’re simply hoping because Trump won’t run again and are pulling the D lever no matter who the candidate is.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:45 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,780 times
Trump's win is leaving while he still has a loyal base. In 2024, I expect he will be too old and ill for a vicious dogfight, and long past too old to face the challenges of the next term.

Old 07-18-2022, 03:20 AM

473 posts, read 237,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Here are the facts. He added 11.2 millions voters to his side side since 2016. Unheard of for a "failed" 1 term president. He is today the front runner to with the 2024 GOP nomination and Las Vegas odds has him beating both Biden and Kamala. Have you ever seen that from a 1 term president in the past? please name 1. Trump is breaking all precedents.

The rest of your post it's your wishful thinking. The last Florida former governor that held all the cards and had the money and the establishment support was Jeb Bush and he failed badly in the primaries. Trump mopped the floor with him. You wish DeSantis stops him because it won't be senile Biden or Kamala. We won't know if DeSantis will run in 2024 and wait until 2028 but since Biden and Kamala won't stop Trump or anybody in that weak field you are hoping for DeSantis.

That 1 term failed president is making the Democrats very nervous.
With their - Leftist Democrat - Anti Trump - Political Kangaroo Court.

Old 07-18-2022, 07:33 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I'm Calling it-Trump Will Run Again and Win.
The first prediction: maybe.

The second prediction: I think dominion will have a little something to say about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
... will probably result in either a race war, white extremists will war against BLM protesters, rioting and anarchy in all of the major urban areas will happened....
All nine of them against an army of leftist BLM zombies? Leftists love to blame the misdeeds of their paramilitary branch (BLM) on the white bogeyman. When was the last time "white supremacists" caused over two billion dollars in damage, killed several dozen people, and burned down/destroyed entire neighborhoods?

Old 07-18-2022, 07:45 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
I supported Trump twice. But out 330M American's, is the best we can do are two geriatric old men?

Trump is to old. Although he seems fit, age will catch up, especially his cognitive abilities. Biden is the perfect example of that.

I'm strongly leaning on team DeSantis if he runs. If Trump would back him and campaign for him, DeSantis would win by a landslide (Reagan 1984). Then President DeSantis could lean on Trump as an elder statesman. DeSantis would still do a lot of Trumps policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections