Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 12:52 PM

29,824 posts, read 24,917,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
The biggest "protests" I have seen about RvW have been by women in States where NOTHING changed, in fact in some of those states Abortion may actually be expanded.

However, women are being reduced to that of second-class citizens. They are being minimized by the Progressive "Trans" movements that are telling women they must accept having men use their same restrooms and locker rooms. Then tell them that they must accept men competing against women in women's sports. And if they don't accept this they are just transphobic.

Poll after poll has the Economy as the most important issue, and in just about every poll it isn't even close. The only way it could "go either way" is if Biden turns into a Conservative and reverses all of the damage they did in the next 3 months....which is NOT going to happen. It may take the next two years of a Conservative Congress to just get us back to even and even then may be a slim chance.

The videos of the protests I've seen were horrendous displays of post modern "womanhood". Basically, the non breeders, since no decent self respecting man would want to be around 95% of that crowd. So what they hell do they have to protest anyways??? And why are the LGBTQ+ people coming out to these things and making their voices heard? Unless they are bi, what do they have to worry about when it comes to abortion, getting pregnant, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2022, 12:59 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Basically if the Republican's take back the house the Biden agenda comes to a screeching halt. Also many of the Biden officials will be called in for different hearings and embarrassed by how bad things really are. I am fine with it to be honest. A split government actually in a weird way works. Ideally I would want Conservative everything because I am as proudly right wing as you can get. Beggars can't be choosers at this point. I will take the victory. Biden will try to rule by EO and be struck down over and over. His losses will mount and he will not be the candidate in 2 years. However no matter what happens the truth is the damage has been done. Our country is in a downward spiral no matter who is in there.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:00 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
I certainly hope the GOP takes over(to slow down this trifecta disaster) but not by a super majority or they will waste too much money and time on the Hunter Biden crap and mess up 2024 by keeping up the stupid cycle.

HRC investigated for years and no charges
Trump investigated for years and no charges
Hunter will get investigated for years and there will be no charges.
while Hunter is being investigated some new bombshell will happen on the GOP side that the Dems will demand it be investigated, hopefully not Trump as that ship has sailed.
No, it will not be different this time.

All it is is is a stupid game to keep people(the sides) fighting with each other while they take away our rights.

every cycle 1 side just investigates the other and wastes time and money, wake the heck up.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:05 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
30 - 40 seats? Ptooey. We'll be lucky to get ten. Chuck that misery index and just about every other poll. We are into the undiscovered country of how polarized America votes. You can apply just about any amount of pain you can think of to democrat voters ... put them on the rack and stretch them, brand them, pull out their fingernails and teeth and burn them at the stake and they will still hold fast to their religion as if they were Joan of Arc dying a martyr for the greater glory of God. There is a frightening degree of irrationality deep in the psyches of half of America. They'll bleat and whine about all of the issues that make life difficult in '22 and then they will go back to the polls and vote Democrat ... presumably for the greater glory of their ideological religion.
Approx figures in 2020:

34% Independent
33% Democrat
29% Republican

there's no need to claim 1/2 the Country are Democrat and irrational. Not even half the Dems are irrational, though there are some polls which would define one as an irrational Republican or Democrat, and there are more irrational Dems.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:19 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,338,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voters!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Old 08-01-2022, 02:02 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Still 30% of Americans support Brandon.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:11 PM

956 posts, read 510,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Right now I think it could go either way. I don't think you realize just how very angry so many women are to have their status be reduced to that of second class citizens. On the other hand, as inflation gets steadily worse, many are wondering how they are going to keep putting healthy food on the table for their kiddoes for some indefinite amount of time.

The American people on both sides are pretty damn angry these days. Shall we say that the midterms are going to be pretty interesting this year?
Well most states allow abortion except for Texas and Mississippi and a handful of others so not going to be an issue. And those states were going to vote republican congress in mid terms either way.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:04 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
we shall see.

I have personally reserved judgement on the 2020 election and the capacity of the left to cheat.

this election will tell a LOT about what happened 2 years ago.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:16 PM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
If McConnell and McCarthy were competent, they would’ve had SCOTUS punt the Roe v Wade decision down the road until after the election

Which leads me to wonder, assuming that John Roberts is indeed compromised, did the Democrats want Roe V Wade overturned in order to save the Mid Terms?

I trust nobody in DC, not even the ones that are allegedly on my team.
Once a case is heard by the court, it has to be decided that session.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:18 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/midte...UmYKfn8eJQZQ5g

Just 100 days until the midterms.
If the voting public had any brains they would vote out every one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections